Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2014, 14:33   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!

I've been a bit caught up and missed this development entirely. All I an say is, I'm happy for you Harish and I have to acknowledge that your fight for justice and its eventual fruitful conclusion is a lesson for cynics everywhere.

On a personal vote, I'd decided seeing your travails never to buy a VAG car. I did break my vow a few months before this development when the Vento TSI hit the market but this happy conclusion gives me some comfort that perhaps it wasn't as risky a decision as I'd thought.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 14:47   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Will check with bade miyan if he has a solution. However, am coming to Bangalore next month. Can carry for you guys. Or we can visit the bade miyan equivalent there. Diffsoft ?
HarishV, it's very clear you're a sport. More than anything, do reward yourself for the patience, grit and determination you've displayed. Maybe you surprised yourself too, putting through with the ordeal.

A long but deserved victory. I do hope Skoda mends its customer handling and management ways for good. Wish you great luck and positive experiences with your future automobile purchases.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 14:54   #1863
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Harish and kudos to you for your positive attitude and grim determination to stand steadfast that carried you through this! Wish I could drive up for the Bade Miyan kebabs but 31st is Ganeshotsav week and I actually have a small gig scheduled that day, so will have to skip this.

Don't know if you remember but I'd sought your advice before buying the Vento and you'd sent me this:
Quote:
Thanx Anoop. Will take the fight right down to the wire.

Skip VW.

Toyota all the way.

Regards

Harish
So how does it feel now, at the wire?

PS>> Yeah, yeah I went ahead anyway, but there is always this small voice at the back of my head telling me I made a HUGE mistake! Feel a little better after your outcome, frankly...
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 15:09   #1864
Senior - BHPian

This is absolutely fantastic news! A well deserved and earned congratulations! I started following thread well before i became a Skoda owner and it had a prominent spot in the list of considerations before purchasing a product from them.

I am glad that everything has been settled as per your expectations and satisfaction whatever the details may- be , which are not important to disclose whether or not you can.

Your personal victory aside, the effort patience and persistence that you have shown , it is a victory for the entire community and for the Indian consumer and hopefully genuinely representative of the fact that Skoda is going to change.

Congrats once again!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 17:02   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Pardon me for the ignorance and laziness of not going through the thread in full. In fact I had skimmed through, but had forgot many an incident of the long 6 years.

I am a bit sad for the country that yet again a case has to be settled outside the judiciary, because it seemed/is inefficient! Ain't this, what gives people/companies, like Skoda, the courage to play with consumers in the first instance. I expected the court to bring Skoda on its knees; yes for this goondaism, they deserved it and quick.

Either way, @harishv, hats off for persisting this long. And I strongly believe that one another man, @GTO has made a lot of difference to the outcome. Appreciate.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 20:16   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
So how does it feel now, at the wire?
It feels good.

So are we good for the 31st of August at Bade Miyan ?

Please add

1. Harish
2. Silverwood

or suggest a date change if required
Old 21st August 2014, 20:24   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
It feels good.

Please add

1. Harish
2. Silverwood

Looking at the number of folks who are overjoyed at your success, I feel that the treats will be costlier than the repairs!!!!!
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 20:32   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Looking at the number of folks who are overjoyed at your success, I feel that the treats will be costlier than the repairs!!!!!
Doesn't matter. Let us do it. Pune ain't far away.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 21:27   #1869
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It feels good.

Please add

1. Harish
2. Silverwood
3. Axe77

I'm definitely in for this one. Celebration definitely called for but we should go Dutch of course. :-)
Old 21st August 2014, 21:45   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!

Quote:
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.

Congratulations Harish, finally and finally the chapter closes. Well done GTO and all the other members of our forum who have assisted Harish. Skoda still has a long way to go in terms of their ASS and I hope the new MD keeps walking the talk. It will only bring back the enthusiasts like me to Skoda.
It will still take a lot more stories like this happy ending for me to get into a Skoda /VW or get me to recommend the brand to any one else.
Congratulations again.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 21st August 2014 at 21:58.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:22   #1871
BHPian

Many congratulations Harish. You deserve a round of applause from all of us. Hats off to your dogged determination and waging this long battle & finally winning this. Hope this is a lesson for other companies as well who take customers for granted. Also,a lesson to other folks not to give in to these corporates, what ever the odds may be. I myself has fought similar(albeit smaller ones) battles & won, one resulting in getting vice president of a large multinational bank arrested & other a full refund of the car after six months. I can feel the happiness you'd have felt in closing the issue.
kudos to you again.
nawalsingal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:30   #1872
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It feels good.

Please add

1. Harish
2. Silverwood

Harish, I suggest you initiate a thread in the Meets section and let these posts be moved there.

Please have some chicken baida roti from Bademiya on my behalf.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:39   #1873
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harish. Its commendable how patient you've been.

If YOU'RE satisfied, then its a heartwarming end to a gallant effort to take on a notorious giant. This is a win for the consumer. Special thanks to GTO.

Hope you have a great time ahead and heres to wishing you a million happy miles with your next car.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 23rd August 2014 at 16:46.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 17:06   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv

Thanks for sharing this victory so personally. Really appreciate that.

Regret I cannot at the moment. But I got back what I had lost. I am satisfied with the outcome.
Harish,
Congrats on winning a hard fought battle!

But, Skoda is a strict no-no for me. A victory here can't erase the negative feeling created by the brand over the years.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:33   #1875
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear HarishV, Congratulations at receiving a settlement that meets your expectations of fair play. I applaud you for your perseverance and courage to cope with not only a legal opponent but also our deplorable court system. Kudos to GTO for his valuable support that enabled this to come to a happy closure. While I compliment Mr Rao of Skoda India for his wisdom in settling this I have my grave doubts that Skoda India can turn things around despite Mr Rao's undoubtedly sincere intentions. Given the abrupt reply one Mr. Tomsu Ondrej of Customer Care Skoda Czech Republic gave to one of our members (I think his name is Deval) that can be seen on another thread it is clear that shoddy attitude towards the customer runs right to the top in Skoda and maybe the whole VAG group. I have been a customer of Skoda for 9 years and 2 cars. But 6 year sagas like this leave me wondering if there should be a 3rd car and 10th year ever.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks