Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 16:05   #1741
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Finally! Skoda India Listens! Mr. Sudhir Rao, The MD, SAIPL is a through gentleman. we - Shankar Balan, Soham Bhaumik and Myself have had the pleasure of seeing his style of functioning when Soham Bhaumiks Yeti met with an accident, and when the Coimbatore dealer was playing up, a mail from Shankar to Sudhir, with a CC to me and Soham, did make a lot of difference; and yes unlike the other 'Managing Directors' he did reply, with a direction to the after sales team to expedite and close matters!
True that. Totally attest it.

He has been meeting people randomly and taking feedback and more importantly acting on them. I hope he gets the time frame and the support to keep going.
harishv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:08   #1742
BANNED

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
I am not taking the car back.
One can read a lot in this simple statement.
Maybe the car deserved to be put on display in the Car Hall of Shame!!
sgiitk is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:15   #1743
Team-BHP Support

Agree with other posters that this feels like a personal victory. If what you say about the new MD bears out in the long term, it can only be good for Skoda in India (they don't really have space left to fall further, do they?) and present/future customers.

Cheers for your patience and tenacity leading to a favorable outcome. You deserve it for everything you've gone through to get here. Would love to know what Skoda did to make this right, but if contracts say you can't reveal, it's more than enough to know you're satisfied with the settlement.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:17   #1744
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Harish !!

Its a great relief to finally see a happy end to this ordeal.
I must admire your patience.

Your second statement seems to have evoked quite a reaction here.
One question: Would you buy a Skoda in the future (in India)?

Anyways, congratulations once again. Would love to hear the entire story over a Sunday breakfast-meet.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:19   #1745
Mik
BHPian

This brightens up the day
Hopefully Skoda cleans up its act now. I love the Yeti to bits but have not ever stepped inside a Skoda showroom because of this thread.
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:20   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Would love to know what Skoda did to make this right, but if contracts say you can't reveal, it's more than enough to know you're satisfied with the settlement.
Thank you for understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congratulations Harish !!

Your second statement seems to have evoked quite a reaction here.
One question: Would you buy a Skoda in the future (in India)?

I might, if Mr. Rao stays put at the helm.
harishv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:27   #1747
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful news Harshiv, very very happy to hear that the issue got resolved. Hats off to your patience and perseverance. Congratulations.
I hope after this huge episode behind them, they set the issues of other customers right.
If that happens, they would see a lot more people welcoming them with open arms.
sammyboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:32   #1748
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
Many Congratulations to you Harish! You deserve all the accolades here not just for getting back what you should have in the first place but for the perserverance you have had all these years fighting it out.

I have been waiting for 19th August ever since I had read each and every post on this thread.

And hoping Skoda learns from it and keep up their word of making customer satisfaction its top priority.
skyrocket003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:33   #1749
BHPian

This is music to my ears, great news. "When the goin gets tuff the tuff gets goin". So here is the victory for Mr Harish....congrats for bringing Skoda to its Knees. They should not repeat this to any future customers
somu_john is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:41   #1750
BHPian

Congratulations Harish! Brilliant news this.

I was about to PM you and ask if the files have been found!

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:43   #1751
BHPian

Congrats! Your patience and consistency has paid off!

Truly an era of, "ache din aane wale hai" (no link with our PM).

I have personally experienced and have heard good things of Mr. Rao. Hope Skoda gets back its lost reputation.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:43   #1752
Team-BHP Support

Many congratulations Harish! Your patience surely deserves a reward - battling it out for 6 long years; the time, energy, patience and money that must have gone into all this!

All’s well that ends well I guess. Cheers Harish! Enjoy the tension-free days ahead.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:48   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
Glad to hear this news - finally Skoda acknowledges that David can beat Goliath! Its easily over hundreds of sales that they lost just because they decided to prolong the case and indirectly this thread too.

Looks like the bad phase in your life has finally passed over. Enjoy the 'free-time' you are about to get, now that you don't need to worry about this headache.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:49   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somu_john View Post
congrats for bringing Skoda to its Knees.
I would not term it as bringing Skoda to its knees. I would say I had more responsible people at Skoda to deal with.
harishv is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 16:59   #1755
Senior - BHPian

A big Congrats Mr. Harish. I am really happy to hear this news. I still remember we discussing this matter at length over Breakfast meet at NCPA.

Finally your persistence paid off. So what is the final settlement? Obviously you do not want the car back after these years.

Hope the new management team at Skoda can revive the fading sales in India and make the service centers responsible / accountable.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks