Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 09:10   #1666
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Interim order was in my favour which was stayed by the higher court. This is the same case at the district level.
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 10:15   #1667
BANNED

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Next you should get another order which they will inevitably appeal in the High Court.
Old 14th April 2014, 10:25   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
And they have done it.
Skoda is now the manufacturer with the least market share in India.

All the best harish.
I think this fact is a win for all of us. We might never get a positive result in the justice system. But the penalty Skoda has paid is fair pay back.

I have also eliminated Skoda from the consideration set of anyone who comes to me for advice (yes, I recommend a Tata but not Skoda). Even I wish Skoda to reach a point where they have to call off the brand in India.
Old 14th April 2014, 11:08   #1669
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd rather see Skoda get some sense. They seem to stand out from the rest of the VAG group (though I still sometimes have qualms about having a VW) and, ultimately, they are responsible to their corporate group owners.

A total failure of Skoda in India would leave the existing owners high and dry, although I suppose (but wouldn't depend on it) that VW might lap up the service business.
Old 19th April 2014, 16:49   #1670
BHPian

So it's not just a Skoda issue. Check this guy's issues with his Porsche 911.

http://digg.com/video/porsche-911-991-issues-update
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 19:10   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
So it's not just a Skoda issue. Check this guy's issues with his Porsche 911.

http://digg.com/video/porsche-911-991-issues-update
Update on 911:

Porsche USA has given the owner an offer of either
1. To refund his money
2. To give a brand new 911.

Source:

I believe issues can happen with any car or brand. Its best in interest to get them solved. Our bhpian is having trouble with his Kizashi, a Maruti Suzuki.

Link.

Its better we stop stereotyping brands.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 20:41   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Update on 911:

I believe issues can happen with any car or brand. Its best in interest to get them solved. Our bhpian is having trouble with his Kizashi, a Maruti Suzuki.

Link.

Its better we stop stereotyping brands.
If you see the most recent update on this thread... Maruti has responded and our fellow member seems to be satisfied and is satisfied enough to plann an upgrade the tyres.

Some lemons happen to reach the customer, this is part of manufacturing.
The difference lies in
a) how the customer is treated
b) how the attempt to make the lemon into an apple - is made by the manufacturer/dealer.

On both counts Skoda in this sad case, comes out very poorly and ought to be classified as lemon.

Truly, admire harishv's perseverance. Guys like him will make the consumer stronger, since insensitive companies will think twice before trying to dupe customers.
Hats off to you harishv !!
whitewing is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 11:22   #1673
BHPian

These companies know that they can get away with murder in the Indian marketplace as our court system takes a millennia to deliver judgments. I bet they wouldn't have pulled this stunt in Europe or US.

We're currently in the market for a car & Skoda was ruled out solely because of the stunts they're pulling on Harish & other Indian customers.

Skoda, if you're listening, you've lost another customer because of your arrogance. I bet there are many like me.

Learn.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 03:06   #1674
BHPian

On a hindsight, I wonder whether this is a failure of system and society or it is just a failure of skoda only or both.

See we live in such a great democratic country and a society that is supposed to have the best of values in the world. At lease 1000 people are aware through this thread and otherwise, may be some of them could be even have connection with skoda company, but still neither the system nor the society could get justice to HARISH. He is fighting a lonely battle, may be at the end he will win, but should we feel happy for a win that is going to take such a long time.

Are we expected to fight every issue like this only and live, let me correct, survive in this country.

If we consider ourselves to be a true patriotic indian we should somehow take out links to skoda on our own and find a resolution to HARISH immediately. Expecting court to deliver the justice in time in a country where millions of cases are pending for no reason is asking for too much.
srameshdelhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 07:12   #1675
BHPian

Hi Harish,

It is great to see that you have not given up. I had one question - if you win this case at all levels - what compensation are you expecting from skoda ?
Old 1st July 2014, 16:20   #1676
BHPian

Harish is a fighter, what a perseverance! Hats off Bro. I think he is helping all of us keeping far away from these brands. I will spread the words all over my contacts now.
joe_antony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 00:45   #1677
BHPian

Harish,

Any significant update in the case? Any initiative from Skoda to resolve this issue?

Hope and pray you will be out of this Torture soon.
Old 2nd July 2014, 08:32   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Hope and pray you will be out of this Torture soon.
With VW asking Skoda to "curb" its Indian operations and Skoda struggling to sell 1000 cars even with 108 dealers, we know who is losing the Harish vs. Skoda battle!

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 08:45   #1679
Distinguished - BHPian

....ah the pain of dragged out court cases.

It would seem that administrative and accountability may not penetrate judicial system because "judiciary is independent" syndrome.

Because Skoda is loosing sales should be cause of celebrations for hrashiv?
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:48   #1680
Senior - BHPian

What is the outcome for Harish?

In situations like these what is the normal compensation by the company:

1) Make good through monetary compensation of car book value+ legal expenses + mental harassment compensation?

2) New car + some monetary compensation
3) No compensation and Skoda gets out clean

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks