Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 11:22   #1516
BHPian

This thread and the other Skoda horror stories threads have been instrumental in striking off VAG cars from my list when I was looking for a C2 sedan.

I did request for test drives of the Vento and Rapid. The Rapid was busy all the time and the Vento came with tons of attitude - as though it was doing me a favor by allowing me to buy it and that too without a proper test drive. Buzz off, VAG.

In this country, car dealers and companies become haughty if they're doing good numbers. In my experience, Toyota and Hyundai were the only exceptions. I never expected this, but even Maruti dealers behaved rough when I was considering the hot selling new Swift. At the end, dealers and organizations are a bunch of people. And it shows what sort of people hold the reins of these brands. It's no surprise that when a brave hero like Harish comes their way, they are expected to try to beat him down. But hey, who's the hero, anyway..?
Old 1st May 2013, 12:32   #1517
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Hi mate, i am not sorry for you or am not sympathetic. Sympathy is shown to someone who is weak. I am feeling irritated o your behalf. Had i been in your place, i would have visited their manufacturing facilty/corporate office with the defective car and would have slept in their premises only in that car. Let the police come and their VP/AVP/president/CEO come. i would have invited the media also. Of course, that is the plan i have if my Chevy has any such problem.

Second option is that i would have gone physical with the management. i am no jesus christ or gautam buddha. Even the holy gita says that if someone denies us our right, we must fight for it and take it back. i cannot let my 20 lakhs go waste. i would not mind paying a bribe to the great indian judicary and the police to immediately hush up the case and issue non-bailable arrest warrant under IPC section 420 against them or get me a refund. Only money speaks. plz let that do the talking. With the kind of progress made in your case, get a feeling that even your grandkids will not be able to get thru this. Get up man......five years no progress....is a hell lot of time.

Hats off to your patience
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 17:50   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

but in 5 yrs, harish sir has destroyed the brand Skoda. Now whenever I see a skoda, my face just refuses to stop that oncoming smirk. The name of Skoda has been dragged through dirt, and has been mired beyond repair. Ofcourse there are a few satisfied customers and a few Ok-ish dealers, but the loss of name that Skoda has suffered through this legal fight is something it can never regain in the Indian market. It has dragged one fellow consumer through dirt and insists on continuing to do so in some display of old-fashioned obstinate bullying almost bordering on racism. It's almost like saying f*** you, you're an Indian, we have paid your politicians and your govt money for each small thing, we can go public against them anytime and thus they do not dare blemish our name.

No sir, they shall not do anything, and you are just another grumbling, argumentative Indian and we shall teach you your place. But what they do not realize is that this is what this market is all about, and most people by instinct shall take the side of the beleaugered consumer and not the rich euro car-manufacturer.
lurker is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 18:56   #1519
BHPian

I haven't bought a Skoda Rapid or VW Vento either because of the feedback in this forum either. These cars fit my bill perfectly for a diesel car but eventually after reading the A.S.S. stories I went for the Honda City.
dozer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 15:56   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Hi mate, i am not sorry for you or am not sympathetic. Sympathy is shown to someone who is weak. I am feeling irritated on your behalf.
Totally agree. No place for the meek in this world.

Quote:
Had i been in your place, i would have visited their manufacturing facility/corporate office.
Did that. They refused to entertain me at first but I stuck on and they had to listen to me and agree to inspect the car and take remedial measures.

Quote:
Second option is that i would have gone physical with the management.
So many times, buddy, so many times, all through these 5 years, I have had the same feeling. Prudence suggested otherwise. It would have harmed my case. So, finally opted to put that feeling to rest.

I agree I have lost 20 lakhs and that's not coming back to me in a hurry or probably never will. But I have had the pleasure of being the reason for shutting down a crooked dealership with 3 outlets, who reportedly were making a net of around Rs.5 lacs per day. Cannot confirm those figures to be correct. However, assuming that to be true, imagine the dent done to them over 5 years. Compound that with the negative publicity and lost sales for Skoda. Also, since then, Skoda management started to pull up their socks and clean up their act. Already, we have had some members on our forum beginning to get a positive response from Skoda which is a big plus for all Skoda owners.

So it has not been all in vain.

Quote:
and the police to issue non-bailable arrest warrant under IPC section 420 against them.
Did that too. Got stonewalled. Difficult to fight against a Multinational Corporation under our system.

Quote:
Only money speaks. plz let that do the talking

It spoke for a while to some extent. Had to shut it up though. No point in putting good money after bad.

Quote:
With the kind of progress made in your case, get a feeling that even your grandkids will not be able to get thru this. Get up man......five years no progress....is a hell lot of time.

Hats off to your patience
I know. But then I made a mistake. I went to court which I shouldn't have. Skoda has the opportunity to claim matter being sub-judice and therefore no comments to be offered.

However, it is not over till it is over. Planning to exit court and conclude. Meanwhile, will console myself with the evergreen phrase ' revenge is a dish best served cold'. Have no clue how much colder that is going to get.

I personally feel, keeping this issue running is more detrimental to Skoda than it is to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
but in 5 yrs, harish sir has destroyed the brand Skoda.
I do not think I have destroyed the brand, nor it is my intention to do so, nor do I think I am capable of. On the larger picture I would rather have Skoda follow ethical business practices and let people have a hassle free experience with their cars. At the same time, on the smaller picture, I would like to have my money back.
harishv is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:02   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
However, assuming that to be true, imagine the dent done to them over 5 years. Compound that with the negative publicity and lost sales for Skoda. Also, since then, Skoda management started to pull up their socks and clean up their act. Already, we have had some members on our forum beginning to get a positive response from Skoda which is a big plus for all Skoda owners.

Once again hats off to you harishv. No, your efforts have not been in vain. It is because of you that people like us are having a better time from Skoda.

I sincerely hope you get your money back, some day soon...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:19   #1522
Distinguished - BHPian

I read your story and I've to say 5 years is an awful long time for a creation that is supposed to save us time (a car), and I wouldn't have been able to hold my patience anywhere near the way you have. All I can say is I hope this unnecessary routine comes to an end soon after of course, it swings to your favour. I wouldn't have even believed this happened if I didn't read it here. A company with complete lack of customer satisfaction is a time bomb. Like I picked up in business school, such companies only result in kasht-se-mar, not customer.

As regards the brand, someone I know has a Skoda. On day 2 of the purchase the headlights fail (fuse blown). On another incident after service the odometer wasn't moving up at all. All this and a few other niggling issues. Personally I've seen them gleefully handing over new delivery cars for test drive (it met with an accident 10 meters after, believe it). They have a lot of dirty waters to muddle through for the smallest redemption.
Old 3rd May 2013, 18:11   #1523
BHPian

My heart goes out to you Harish.

My BIL was about to buy Skoda Rapid when I pointed out this thread to him. He got a Verna for himself.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 19:59   #1524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do not think I have destroyed the brand, nor it is my intention to do so, nor do I think I am capable of. On the larger picture I would rather have Skoda follow ethical business practices and let people have a hassle free experience with their cars. At the same time, on the smaller picture, I would like to have my money back.
I really admire your actions and your attitude...
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:07   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, since then, Skoda management started to pull up their socks and clean up their act. Already, we have had some members on our forum beginning to get a positive response from Skoda which is a big plus for all Skoda owners.
Agree with you Sir. I personally have experienced good treatment at the hands of Skoda and I'm sure somewhere, your case has hit their conscience and they are trying to make amends. Good for potential buyers. I have seen that excellent after sales service automatically translates into higher re-sale value. Maruti and Toyota are prime examples. Brands which have a not so good reputation in after sales potentially see lower resale value. Something to think about for Skoda and VW group and for me when I make my next purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Once again hats off to you harishv. No, your efforts have not been in vain. It is because of you that people like us are having a better time from Skoda. .
Agree with you. Touch wood!!

Last edited by hrman : 3rd May 2013 at 20:11.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:08   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Harish,
You really have the head and the heart at the right place. Please accept a bow, not only for your perseverance and patience but more importantly the way that you demonstrate it! Truly commendable !
punkuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 16:34   #1527
A M
BHPian

Hi Harish,
May be this can help in your case as it is a similar case and probably the decision can be taken as a referral.
Quote:
State consumer court awards 6-month jail to Tata Motors MD
Link
A M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 17:51   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Hi Harish,
May be this can help in your case as it is a similar case and probably the decision can be taken as a referral.

Link
Hahaha serves Tata motors right. If I remember correctly, they were involved in a similar case involving a Sumo, owned by one of our forum members. Let manufactuers know that they cannot keep taking customers for granted.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 21:14   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Hi Harish,
Link
Wow. Thats a first.

Last edited by harishv : 4th May 2013 at 21:15.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 21:35   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Hello Mr. Harish,

Our fellow T-BHP member - SDP referred me this thread & I went through your entire ordeal.

It seems really strange that dealer of such a globally renowned company can do this mischief.

Hats off to your perseverance to continue your fight all this years. Also when we recently met you never discussed this matter with everyone. This shows that you are still in positive frame of mind & this incident has not dominated your day-to-day dealings.

Wish you all the very best for future hearings & do let us know if we could be of any help anytime.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks