Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2013, 22:25   #1456
BHPian

I am on close terms with a skoda dealer and they themselves say that if someone buys a car from some other dealer and brings to get them serviced they are very ruthless and try every means to punish the hapless car owner by recommending change of all sorts of expensive parts which still have life in them. I made a mental note never to buy any skoda in future eventhough I love each n every skoda model which they sell in India.
drchernish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 23:57   #1457
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

I am wondering that even after this much time, Skoda or the VW team still has taken no effort to work this out. Don't they understand as long as this thread is ALIVE, it will affect more of their sales? Am sure anyone who stumbles on this thread once will make a negative recommendation to any Skoda product in their friends / family circle!

They (Skoda) will have some saving grace if they work out an amicable solution even now.
Old 11th February 2013, 12:20   #1458
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Well, I dont see the number of new Skoda's decreasing on the forum, in fact the Rapid is selling quit well and a lot of the members here have bought a Skoda, Rapid or otherwise in the last one year or so.

This thread is probably bumped up once in a while, but thats about it. I for one have stayed away from all German cars, mainly because of their cost of ownership.
Old 11th February 2013, 14:50   #1459
Senior - BHPian

India has a large population such that many are not aware of Skoda as a brand or this forum. There will always be some innocent or daring customers who'd buy a Skoda! I had spoken to one of the Tafe access sales person, somewhere early December and he was telling me that they have finished the quota for the year and have no more cars to sell to customers!
Old 11th February 2013, 15:26   #1460
BHPian

Though I don't discourage any of my friends/relatives who ask for my opinion on Skoda cars, I do mention the presence of these threads, provide then links and ask them to research a little more than usual before they decide.
Hope Skoda gets its act together on customer relationship standards and dealerships. At least their good cars deserve it.
Old 28th February 2013, 21:45   #1461
BHPian

Read about a 5 year ' ek pe ek free ' Skoda scheme on another thread.

Ironically, today is the date to the day since when my Octavia has been with Skoda. Exactly 5 years today.
Old 28th February 2013, 21:57   #1462
Distinguished - BHPian

With absolutely no progress lately? No news at all?
Old 28th February 2013, 21:58   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Whats the status Harish. Any luck with your case. Atleast any small indication that you are on the winning side?
Old 28th February 2013, 21:59   #1464
BHPian

No President on the Forum for almost two years now.
Old 28th February 2013, 22:07   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Is there no way you can escalate this. I mean there might be several others like you who would be waiting since a very long time. Can this not be shifted to some other forum (dont know hence asking). 5 years is just too long a time. I really do admire your patience.
Old 28th February 2013, 22:18   #1466
BHPian

Buddy, I see guys there hanging around with files since a decade earlier than me. My case would be considered relatively new.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 23:29   #1467
Distinguished - BHPian

Astonishing... just amazing, in a horrible kind of way. Just like Dickens (Great Expectations) but happening right now, two centuries later.
Old 1st March 2013, 00:21   #1468
BHPian

Just unbelieveable! Makes me shudder.

There have been countless times when I have threatened businesses I have dealt with as a customer of going to the consumer court. Looking at your experience, I know now in hindsight that I was bluffing each and every time.
Old 1st March 2013, 00:45   #1469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know now in hindsight that I was bluffing each and every time.
What hurts more is that they might have been laughing.
Old 1st March 2013, 10:02   #1470
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Yea

Thats precisely why I shelved the class action suit. If the Bhopal class action case can drag and remain in limbo and denial, what about a few car owners crying themselves hoarse.

And thanx Mods, for the edit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks