Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:13   #1306
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
OFF TOPIC:

Killing the Rapid? It is doing very good for itself in the market. Reports say that it was the best seller in its segment for the month of December. I remember because I did an article on it.

Regards.
You are probably right. I'm just going by what I see (on the road) here in Kerala not after looking at figures. I was going to buy the Rapid myself, but some of my (non BHP) friends warned me off the Skoda service. I think they have a single dealer for all the cities or atleast the major ones here. They are not known for their honesty or quality service.
Old 24th January 2012, 11:41   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Unless this gets viral i really dont see how this case will end. There will always be a reason to keep pushing the judgement.

Hope someone from Media gets some interest and flashes this news on IBN or NDTV and creates a bigger deal out of this.

And skoda may have already paid the media to keep this out of TV in a big way.
Old 25th January 2012, 12:47   #1308
BANNED

@VW2010; I see you went to the same stable. Best of luck.
Old 14th February 2012, 22:48   #1309
BHPian

@Harish, there are no words for your perseverance. Did my bit by sharing it on FB and twitter.
Old 15th February 2012, 10:49   #1310
BHPian

Harish,
have you thought about raising a PIL Petition in the honorable court against SKODA India?
Old 15th February 2012, 13:22   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need luck with all manufacturers. I have read similar cases in Honda and even maruthi.

More than the manufacturer its our country's pathetic law and order system that doesnt help resolve issues like this.

VW has a very good presence now in the country with their Polo and Vento and the more such incidents come up the more damage they will do to their sales.

I chose VW over Skoda for this thread if not many other similar issues. THe same thing will apply for VW if such incidents come out to light and the customer is let to suffer for ever.
Old 17th February 2012, 13:06   #1312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The Media worries more about the advertising dollar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Quote:
You need luck with all manufacturers. I chose VW over Skoda for this thread if not many other similar issues.
I agree. No manufacturer (or dealer) has a 100% record with defect or service. It is how they resolve it that "seperates the men from the boys". About 2 years ago my wife had a minor issue with a Honda dealer (Arya). A single email to the manufacturer saw them spring into action and resolve it even if it meant delivering the car to her at her residence on Republic Day (Jan 26th) and they were so apologetic. They called her twice to make sure all was well and she was happy.

But...if VW is treating their premium (read as Beetle) customers (see link below) with disrespect wonder what they'll do to their Vento/Polo owners.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2684274
Old 17th February 2012, 17:54   #1313
Senior - BHPian

@Navin,

Sorry to hear that man. At the end of the day most of the german companies selling cars here are not really great with customer service.

I had my suspension strut replaced in warranty. But i had two wonderful mechanics who proved the problem was the strut and nothing else while VW were trying to find all means to avoid warranty.

At the end of the day its a risk i took to get a german car after driving all german/japanese cars and feeling good in the jetta. I will still buy another German car but will prepare myself for such attitude and eventuality.

No one deserves to go through what harish, u and many others are going through. But our Law does not protect its poeple but our law protects the businessmen and big companies.

I really dont think these german manufacturers see their owner as Polo or vento owners. They just know that they will use our Law to avoid paying out.
Old 26th March 2012, 17:46   #1314
BHPian

harishv, was there any closure to this one. Not that I would like to add to your miseries of replying to this thread but I just wanted to know if perseverance did help in anyway.
Old 27th March 2012, 08:49   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
harishv, was there any closure to this one. Not that I would like to add to your miseries of replying to this thread but I just wanted to know if perseverance did help in anyway.
No closure yet. His next hearing is on 11th of April.
Old 27th March 2012, 17:00   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Update

President of the Forum not appointed yet.

Next date 11th April.
Hats off to your determination & perseverance for fighting such a long battle (already) & still continuing. At the same time, shame on Skoda for the attitude shown so far. I read in one of your posts that due to President of consumer forum being absent, Skoda is not to blame for the delay. Well, I tend to disagree here. Skoda or any manufacturer/ Service provider knows legal loopholes too well & knows how to drag the case indefinitely to wear down the petitioner & delay on this count is well calculated in their legal moves. Their legal counsel must have been "aware" of this retirement in advance & hence would have tried some tricks in his bag to defer the proceedings in earlier hearings to reach this stage. As I see it, a delay of around six months on this count alone. That is "significant" in itself. But this is nothing to take away from the courage you have shown in fighting this battle but to show how these biggies manipulate our "Rotten to the core" system.
Now about pressurizing Skoda in to doing something worthwhile. Apart from the Car & compensation for the time you have been without it, despite paying, (Though not quantifiable), exemplary penalty on Skoda should be imposed. Above all this, Skoda should offer you an "Unconditional Written apology". For this, apart from sharing this through FB/ twitter etc., what about creating a dedicated page/group on FB, inviting all our acquaintances & sharing it with the world? Also, we can draft a mail to be sent enmasse to Skoda. Also, what about drafting a witty post containing your experience & making it viral & make Skoda think? I am sure someone on TBHP can come up with such a post .

All the best & keep up the fight.

Edit: Shared the same on MY FB profile & twice on Skoda's FB page.

Last edited by nawalsingal : 27th March 2012 at 17:11.
Old 28th March 2012, 09:14   #1317
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry to hear that man. At the end of the day most of the german companies selling cars here are not really great with customer service.
Technically Skoda is Czech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
At the same time, shame on Skoda for the attitude shown so far.
Why only Skoda, why not the entire VW family, who own Skoda. I feel sorry for Porsche who are also now owned by the same crooks. Remember the Polo, Vento and the lot are made on the same assembly line.
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:42   #1318
BHPian

My friend suffered a total engine failure including brakes and survived to tell the tale in his month old polo. Thanks to the low speed he was doing nobody suffered. Now the car is lying idle at the service and they are planning to repair it but my friend is not prepared to repair it,he wants either a new one or his money back. So far no response. The car had to be rammed into the wall to stop it. Hope it doesn't also turn out to be one more sad vw group story
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:56   #1319
BHPian

This is crazy people. I am shocked that these people in the VW group don't want to acknowledge the fact that their dealers are killing prospective repeat customers as well as well informed customers for a brand that actually pretty good. I'm curious as to how porsche are treating their clients. I know that no dealer is perfect. But that way i have a high degree of brand loyalty for both Honda and Toyota. They have served me well so far. NOT PERFECT. but a call to help line and parts are sent immediately. Charges are nominal.
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:03   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post

All the best & keep up the fight.

Edit: Shared the same on MY FB profile & twice on Skoda's FB page.
Thanx. I will. Although I am at my wits end with this system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
It did not. Not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUDRA View Post
Harish,
have you thought about raising a PIL Petition in the honorable court against SKODA India?
We went through a lot of options. For me, never into courts ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohi_rao View Post
@Harish, there are no words for your perseverance. Did my bit by sharing it on FB and twitter.
Thanx buddy.

Quote:
Unless this gets viral i really dont see how this case will end. There will always be a reason to keep pushing the judgement.

Hope someone from Media gets some interest and flashes this news on IBN or NDTV and creates a bigger deal out of this.

Oh they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
You are a brave man, Mr. Harish, for keeping up the fight. I hope justice will finally be done, and I keep checking the thread every once in a while to see if the judiciary has finally woken from its long slumber to your plight.
. Lets hope so.
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks