Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:28   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Harish, once again very best wishes with your struggle, which seems to have become as much a struggle against the system as a fight against one company that has acted in a very wrong way.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 13:45   #1322
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Somehow if one goes through the history of this thread, while hoping and wishing that the end is sweet one does also realize that the Indian Legal systems = courts too seem to be a fault for not giving justice soon enough in such cases. Justice denied is justice delayed.

Am sure there is a further technical/legal reason for VW/Skoda taking this unpopular route where they are likely to loose this case finally possibly to prevent opening themselves up to a specific kind of legal loophole that enables others to demand similar solutions for lesser issues.

While wishing Harish all the best one also does tend to loose faith with the system in general. Also overall do feel that while we keep quoting cases of Honda, Maruti or Toyota going out of their way in specific cases to assist the customers where they have initially goofed up, yet there are case of the other kind as well where they have not really supported the customer and that customer may not be a team-bhp member or may not have taken them to court of the issue, there are also cases were skoda unlike in this specific case have gone on to resolve a situation where they were initially at fault by supporting the customer finally.

Till the legal system gets better in India we will end up in a situation where we will have to fight our battles with a strong heart.
Old 5th April 2012, 14:13   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Somehow if one goes through the history of this thread, while hoping and wishing that the end is sweet one does also realize that the Indian Legal systems = courts too seem to be a fault for not giving justice soon enough in such cases. Justice denied is justice delayed.

Till the legal system gets better in India we will end up in a situation where we will have to fight our battles with a strong heart.
Am sure you meant Justice delayed is Justice denied here

This thread really boggles the mind. Best wishes Harish for a speedy resolution.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 21:25   #1324
BHPian

President of the forum still missing.

Next date 26th June
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 22:59   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear that Harish. Learning from your case is to be happy with settlement and get another car.

Skoda superb is my favorite car but i have lost complete respect for Skoda because of this one case.
Old 11th April 2012, 23:29   #1326
BHPian

I think we can change the title of the thread to 4 years now.
Old 12th April 2012, 07:56   #1327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
President of the forum still missing.

Next date 26th June
Don't these folks have bosses they report to? And KPIs? And performance appraisals?

Or have I been in the corporate world too long?

Harish- would like to hear more from you about your own mindset at this point. It's obvious what the other party hopes to achieve by dragging it out. Are they succeeding?
Old 12th April 2012, 08:06   #1328
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Thank god you are still able to add a smiley in to the post.
With you sir.
Old 12th April 2012, 10:25   #1329
BHPian

Harish - I know your determination will outlast Skoda's and the lethargy of our judicial system.

Please count on 1000% support from me.

Cheers,
Old 12th April 2012, 10:37   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

With you Harish. May you get speedy success and these large corporations learn their lesson.
Old 12th April 2012, 10:44   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Don't these folks have bosses they report to? And KPIs? And performance appraisals?
Or have I been in the corporate world too long?

Harish- would like to hear more from you about your own mindset at this point. It's obvious what the other party hopes to achieve by dragging it out. Are they succeeding?
Noop - reporting, KPIs, appraisals are only jargons for them. They are least bothered about what happens to others, as long as their pockets are full. This sure indicates callous attitudes of the Babus and high handedness between the car maker and others "concerned".

Quote:
I think we can change the title of the thread to 4 years now.
That smiley indicates you have fighting spirit. Dont let these delaying tactics overrul this spirit. Have learnt something from you, Thanks. And all the best to fight till justice prevails.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:57   #1332
BHPian

Thanx for the change in title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
would like to hear more from you about your own mindset at this point. It's obvious what the other party hopes to achieve by dragging it out. Are they succeeding?
No chance Noop. I will wait them out.

As far as my mindset goes I am happy at what I set out to do primarily. My main objective was to penalise Nummer Eins. That happened. They were sacked. Job done.

However, I am wondering about the mindset of Skoda. Despite having sacked their dealer Nummer Eins, it seems they are hell bent on cutting their nose to spite their face. I am all at sea wondering why would a multinational with experienced marketing and public relation professionals on their payroll be so eager to drag my matter and accumulate loads of negative publicity.

Or is it simply good old fashioned ego at play ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
With you sir.
Appreciate that Sudev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Harish - I know your determination will outlast Skoda's and the lethargy of our judicial system.

Please count on 1000% support from me.

Cheers,
Bet your wonderful Bangalore lunch it will. Hey, want to do that awesome lunch with you again.
Thanks Kimi. I know I can always rely on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
With you Harish.
Thanx buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post

That smiley indicates you have fighting spirit.
Thank God that is one thing I have in abundance. Thanx Advait.

Last edited by harishv : 12th April 2012 at 18:06.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 18:21   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx for the change in title.

No chance Noop. I will wait them out.

As far as my mindset goes I am happy at what I set out to do primarily. My main objective was to penalise Nummer Eins. That happened. They were sacked. Job done.

However, I am wondering about the mindset of Skoda. Despite having sacked their dealer Nummer Eins, it seems they are hell bent on cutting their nose to spite their face. I am all at sea wondering why would a multinational with experienced marketing and public relation professionals on their payroll be so eager to drag my matter and accumulate loads of negative publicity.

Or is it simply good old fashioned ego at play ?
More likely a case of "who will bell the cat. For all the career managers it is a hot potato - the chap who initiated the whole matter must be now posted somewhere else - or he might be selling biscuits with some other multinational. Now for a new manager to intervene in the case and take a stand that Skoda were wrong - that would be like sticking his pretty timeserving neck out. And anyways most corporates have a sort of rate contract with their lawyers. SO THE DETAILS OF THE CASE WILL BE BURIED IN THE ANNEXURE OF THE MONTHLY BILL.

And the top management (for whom it is a punishment posting) must be only looking forward to getting shunted out to their longterm posting or planning to jump ship.

Anyways the VW group seem to be capable of generating enough bad publicity in their day to day operations that one day they will become irrelevant to the market. - Met a chap at the shop where my Sanro was being sun-filmed. He had issues with his Vento, and problems with how it was being tackled at service, and was talking wistfully about his previous Hyundai Verna. No way this guy will buy another VW group car.

So let us all keep spreading the word of how callous these guys are. And best of luck in your struggle.
Old 12th April 2012, 23:02   #1334
BHPian

hi, Harish

Although I admire Skoda cars! the fact that this could happen to anyone of us and hopelessness just drives me just crazy! With you Harish, come what may; will never buy Skoda. Period.

If there is something even slightest that I could do to support your battle, please make a wish, will be there.

cheers
--A
Old 12th April 2012, 23:12   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Dont we have any connections within Skoda India to get their senses right?
4 godamn years.. My god..

Although I do get carried away at times with the Laura, there is NO way I am buying a Skoda..
No chance - i support your cause Harish. Today, and forever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks