Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 09:10   #1336
BANNED

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Harishv; I hope there is some light at this hearing which if I remember correctly is imminent.

What I can say is that in my personal knowledge the VW bunch Skoda/VW have lost at least four sales. If someone is in a mood to argue I just refer them to this thread, and then they come back saying, 'aap ne acha bachaya'.
Old 13th April 2012, 09:40   #1337
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

If anybody from Skoda/VW/AUDI are following this thread please consider the points below
My father is the first owner of Skoda (An octavia 1.9TDI) in eastern region. Many BHPians know that car and know that I was proud about that.
We booked that car on the first day Topaz Motors (The Then Skoda dealer in Kolkata) became operational.
We had our own bitter issues about the service experience (many but not all are covered in this forum in different threads/posts). But we still used to say to our friends and family that the car is awesome but service is pathetic. So the situation was still 50:50 for a decision. And till 2008 two more skoda joined family and three more joined friend circle by our words of mouth which goes way further than glossy commercials can.
But by following this thread we lost tolerance to your brand completely. We just don't care about how good or bad your products are. And we suggested everybody who asked or not asked to avoid your products at any means and made sure that 7 more potential owners (among friend and family) buy other products sometime even in separate segment (eg. one friend interested in Laura L&K but bought fortuner as I was at the verge of making it personal if he touches anything built by you).
So think.
We are tolerant nation but our tolerance is like pressure cooker. There is a critical point beyond which things can get totally different.
Remember India is the biggest potential market for automotive industry in which you lost all respect that you earned and lost even acceptability now. Do something fast or it will be a really disaster for you in long run.

Last edited by sinhsha : 13th April 2012 at 09:47.
sinhsha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 09:53   #1338
Senior - BHPian

My heart still longs for the old octavia vrs. Every now and then i goto the classifieds to see whether they are available however this thread always keeps coming back to me and i say a Big NO to myself. No Skoda ever. Have shared this with many prospective buyers. Just hope that this winding legal case get finished soon and you get your peace of mind back.

Really really appreciate your patience. If i were in your place, maybe i wouldve lost it a long time back and knocked out some teeth of a few people already.

All the best, God Bless.
Old 13th April 2012, 10:03   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Yes - this does get one's goat - and how!! I have also been actively educating my circle about the perils of buying Skoda/VW. My next car (I am in between at the moment) is not a Skoda or a VW (and will never be). I have also encouraged my wife's uncle in Mumbai to go in for a Sunny diesel (he was toying with the idea of the Vento) - he has just confirmed that he booked a Saphire Blue Sunny.
Also talked my company into buying a Sunny diesel in Coimbatore (over the Vento/Rapid) although the boss was a bit partial to German names.
Old 13th April 2012, 10:06   #1340
BHPian

^^^^^^^ Same here. My friend was leaning towards a Skoda Fabia. I showed him this thread and he moved on to Nissan Micra.
Old 13th April 2012, 10:29   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Thanx for the change in title.

No chance Noop. I will wait them out.

As far as my mindset goes I am happy at what I set out to do primarily. My main objective was to penalise Nummer Eins. That happened. They were sacked. Job done.

However, I am wondering about the mindset of Skoda.
Harish - all the best for the solution, and fast. If there is anything I can be of help, do count me in.
And as you said above, its more of ego at play. Though the dealer is sacked, Skoda and VW group as a whole, has displayed their real stuff.
Dont let the delaying tactics play over. All the best again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Dont we have any connections within Skoda India to get their senses right?
4 godamn years.. My god..

Although I do get carried away at times with the Laura, there is NO way I am buying a Skoda..
No chance - i support your cause Harish. Today, and forever.
Harish's thread is THE reason I have never even stepped into Skoda or VW dealership yet, not even a TD. I will keep myself miles away from them, even someone has to offer me a free car. Call me biased or whatever, but stretching something this far, shows the attitude. And I HATE THAT.
Old 21st April 2012, 16:07   #1342
BHPian

Skoda India official partner of Aamir Khan's 'Satyamev Jayate'| Zigwheels.com

2 extremes. Here Skoda doesn't provide this gentleman his due but it ties up with Amir Khan's "Satyamev Jayate". Can we get this message across Amir Khan and hope he stays true to his serials title?
bigwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 19:46   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Let us see if AK reads this or this is another exercise in futility

https://twitter.com/#!/rs_nd/status/193703850501353475
RS_DEL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 20:30   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL

Awesome work, lets see what aamir khan does. If he can squeeze a new car for harish or he will get rid of skoda as the official partner.
The beauty of internet era.
Old 21st April 2012, 21:06   #1345
Senior - BHPian

@F150. Nothing will happen. The show will go on. I dont see anyone helping Harish as our law has let him down more than morality.

Even if Aamir responds, it would be as simple as Skoda is taking care of the case by LAW.
Old 21st April 2012, 23:49   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@F150. Nothing will happen. The show will go on. I dont see anyone helping Harish as our law has let him down more than morality.

Even if Aamir responds, it would be as simple as Skoda is taking care of the case by LAW.
This is NOT trying to win any case! It's more about an effort to let a bigger audience know what some Skoda owners go thru because the company doesn't respond as they should! If Amir Khan does a re-tweet or decides to take up the matter with Skoda; or worst case, decide to cut the tie on this basis [which has less than 1% chance if you ask me], think of the difference it could make! And we cannot always do things which will always fetch us the desired output; what's life without HOPE & TRY!

If Amir cut the ties with Skoda, that will be the biggest stain on Skoda India's history! And a celebrity like Amir could easily find another sponsor worth more than that of Skoda, if he chooses to! The question is whether he will "bother" to intervene!
Old 22nd April 2012, 00:14   #1347
BHPian

That profile does not seem to belong to the real Amir Khan. It is an unverified profile. All celebrities (especially the big stars) have a 'Verified Profile' status on Twitter. Plus, 0 tweets?
Old 22nd April 2012, 06:14   #1348
Distinguished - BHPian

Re-tweeted

Come on this is something that we need to do and is as easy as click of few buttons. Build up solidarity. Tomorrow it could be you fighting as a consumer.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 06:30   #1349
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL View Post

You haven't tweeted to the right Aamir Khan - this is AK's correct twitter ID - https://twitter.com/#!/aamir_khan
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:13   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
You haven't tweeted to the right Aamir Khan - this is AK's correct twitter ID - https://twitter.com/#!/aamir_khan

Thanks corrected and redone.

https://twitter.com/#!/rs_nd/status/193922614073364480

Last edited by RS_DEL : 22nd April 2012 at 10:14.
RS_DEL is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks