Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 15:27   #1231
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Hugely disappointed to see how the issue was handled. Considering how much I awaited to buy a Superb sometime in the future, this is a big wrench in the plan. What a waste. What's next?
Old 5th August 2011, 15:33   #1232
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Please read my response inline in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
Harish,

You efforts to get justice laudable.

One question, maybe I missed the answer, should'nt this be a criminal case of theft etc? That at least gave the end satisfaction of these idiots (nummer eins/skoda) serving jail time.-----> There should have been a move in that direction. That it did not happen can only be explained by th legal advice tendered to the complainant at that point in time and his decision to pursue a particular course of action.

IMHO, people around you (relatives, lawyers) should have had the wisdom to convince you to settle. There was a post from memeber ravveendrra to this effect, after you had a meeting with Skoda reps. Its been three years and with more appeals from you/other party will make it another three. If the option is still open, please seriously consider to settle. From my personal experience, or to be more precise with my parents experience with litigation, I would not have carried on so far. Its a life draining excercise. --->When one litigates it is a indeed a life draining exercise,more so in India when the judicial system is overburdened as it is. However the point is when you are wronged there are times when one needs to take a stand. Is it wise to do so? That is a personal choice.

Many members here compeletly support you in your quest to fight on in court. But I want to ask them:
Have they been through an extensive litigation process? Do they have the courage/means to fight on for years? Please consider whether you would personally continue like Harish in court, before advising him to do so? If you are not doing so, then its only lip service.------>Agreed with your point that most members while well meaning do not understand how litigation can consume us. There are however some of us who do realise what it means.

To the members trying to draft the letter to VW board:
What's the hitch? Why does such a letter have to be legally sound?
Is'nt it going to be an impassioned appeal or a hate mail? If it is an impassioned appeal, then it can't be a legal threat. Either way I don't see why it has to be legally sound? If you think its going to make difference, please go ahead and draft it instead of passing on the buck.-----> Harish has an ongoing litigation. If his legal counsel states that his interests will not be compromised in any manner only then supplementary action should be initiated.

regards
Old 5th August 2011, 15:53   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To the members trying to draft the letter to VW board:
What's the hitch? Why does such a letter have to be legally sound?
Is'nt it going to be an impassioned appeal or a hate mail? If it is an impassioned appeal, then it can't be a legal threat. Either way I don't see why it has to be legally sound? If you think its going to make difference, please go ahead and draft it instead of passing on the buck.
regards
Speaking for myself, I would not want to jeopardise the case or land harish in any trouble. Hence I will not do anything unless getting an all clear sign. The others will provide their reasons if different from mine.
Old 5th August 2011, 16:55   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Speaking for myself, I would not want to jeopardise the case or land harish in any trouble. Hence I will not do anything unless getting an all clear sign. The others will provide their reasons if different from mine.
Maybe you are right. Something like it being shown as Harish trying to intimidate the other party through the commnunity...
Old 5th August 2011, 17:07   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
The judge herself is absent.
rotten & corrupt. there is nothing else to say here.

Last edited by lurker : 5th August 2011 at 17:26.
Old 5th August 2011, 17:18   #1236
Distinguished - BHPian

@lurker, could you rephrase your post, just for the ongoing court process' sake.
still in your edit time window, you are.

EDIT:Thanks!

Last edited by mayankk : 5th August 2011 at 17:33.
Old 5th August 2011, 17:39   #1237
Team-BHP Support

Fellas, in the heat of the moment, let us not get carried away and say/discuss something that might be held against Harish later.

It is best he suggest a particular course of action, if needed; I'm sure BHPians would then do the needful.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 22:51   #1238
BHPian

Firstly, the President of the Forum ( the lady Judge ) is very honest. She is set to retire this month end and must be having tonnes of cases ready for order. Can't blame her. I guess it is the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Any chance of an out-of-court settlement?
If I had to settle I would have settled then. Two days before the news was set to hit the press, I was offered a handsome sum and a new car by Nummer Eins. The quantum if disclosed now would be disbelieved by many. However, the thought, what if my family was in the car when I met with this accident ( due to spurious brakes put by Nummer Eins ) made me choose this path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Media is the only way this issue can be brought to light. I wish someone from Media was there in Team BHP who can present an article in Hindu or TOI or something.
Media did a lot. There were journalists who went ahead with the story despite lot of hurdles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Is there no escalation procedure ?
From what's happening, I guess not.

Quote:
Harish,

One question, maybe I missed the answer, should'nt this be a criminal case of theft etc? That at least gave the end satisfaction of these idiots (nummer eins/skoda) serving jail time.
Did that. Registered a complaint with the cops. Matter got managed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Having, just the other day, referred back to the beginning of the thread to refresh my memory, it seems that the offer of a settlement came with a demand that Harish make a statement that would have been unjust and untruthful. I am not at all surprised that Harish refused. Of course, he could have no idea then, of future events.
Skoda was running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.

Last edited by harishv : 5th August 2011 at 22:52.
Old 6th August 2011, 10:58   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
If I had to settle I would have settled then. Two days before the news was set to hit the press, I was offered a handsome sum and a new car by Nummer Eins. The quantum if disclosed now would be disbelieved by many. However, the thought, what if my family was in the car when I met with this accident ( due to spurious brakes put by Nummer Eins ) made me choose this path.
Now that's the definition of Courage of Conviction. Kudos to you buddy.
rajcs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 14:45   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
You are doing a great thing by fighting for your rights. You are my hero. And believe me, there are very few real heroes left in this world. With the support of Team-BHP, you will never walk alone!
Panko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 14:53   #1241
BHPian

You Know Harish how many people have I personally resisted from buying Skodas and VW ?
7 ...counting my boss. My wife, a pal who was buying cheap city runabouts for his dad and Uncle( they have 2 530Ds),my best pal in bangalore and 2 random ppl from RBS who were discussing the new Fabia in the office parking lot. ( Raheja Towers Chennai). One of the RBS chappies bought a Micra diesel and the other guy a Figo...
Skoda .... go play...You do make great cars but we Indians understand value.NOT cheap but Bang for buck...
Yamahead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 15:11   #1242
BANNED

Quote:
If I had to settle I would have settled then. Two days before the news was set to hit the press, I was offered a handsome sum and a new car by Nummer Eins. The quantum if disclosed now would be disbelieved by many.
I went back a few pages but did not find any post with a media link.
Whats the ETA for the judgement?

I am very anxious to know the outcome.

Thanks
--Ragul
Old 13th August 2011, 13:18   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I went back a few pages but did not find any post with a media link.
It's on page 8. Some links and some scans.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:26   #1244
BHPian

Update
President of the Forum retired. Awaiting new President.
All absent except me and my legal representative.
Next date 28th November.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:34   #1245
Senior - BHPian

28th November! That's mockery. This here, is a perfect example of how powerfull houses literally milk our judiciary system. Ridiculous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks