Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 14:23   #1141
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Update -

President of the Forum ( The Presiding Judge ) absent.

Nummer Eins lawyer present.
JMD representative present.
My representative and me present.

Skoda lawyer absent. He had left a message with the court clerk - ' You can proceed with the complainant's argument. I will present my argument at a later date.'

The other member of the Forum offered to hear our argument. However, all concerned opted for a short date where everyone would be present.

Hence - new date - 4th August.
Old 20th July 2011, 14:45   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Update -

President of the Forum ( The Presiding Judge ) absent.

Nummer Eins lawyer present.
JMD representative present.
My representative and me present.

Skoda lawyer absent. He had left a message with the court clerk - ' You can proceed with the complainant's argument. I will present my argument at a later date.'

The other member of the Forum offered to hear our argument. However, all concerned opted for a short date where everyone would be present.

Hence - new date - 4th August.
what the heck!! how can the court allow this to be dragged on for so long??
Old 20th July 2011, 14:45   #1143
BHPian

... the never ending story!!

I hope you get closure soon.
Old 20th July 2011, 14:55   #1144
BHPian

Best of luck Dude. We are all with you. You could probably have some of the BHPians from Mumbai join you on that date. Its a thursday though. Any voulenteers?
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 14:56   #1145
BHPian

This is just an example of the sad state of affairs in the judiciary. How can someone fighting for justice wait so long.

Justice delayed = Justice Denied.
Old 20th July 2011, 14:56   #1146
BHPian

That is precisely why these companies love it when some one goes to court. All they have to say after that is - No comment. Matter is sub-judice. (And hope it remains sub-judice for years. We can afford the lawyers fees for a visit once every 3 months.)

Until compensation and penalties run in to 7 figures, companies in India will not feel the pain and will persist with malpractices and care a damn for the consequences.

Last edited by harishv : 20th July 2011 at 14:59.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:02   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is precisely why these companies love it when some one goes to court. All they have to say after that is - No comment. Matter is sub-judice. (And hope it remains sub-judice for years. We can afford the lawyers fees for a visit once every 3 months.)

Until compensation and penalties run in to 7 figures, companies in India will not feel the pain and will persist with malpractices and care a damn for the consequences.
at this rate, Skoda will have to sell the company to you!!
Old 20th July 2011, 15:05   #1148
BHPian

***! I think it's time the moderators allowed typing expletives on this thread. God!!! This sucks man!!!

"Justice delayed is justice denied" sounds more like a meaningless platitude now.

Is there a court where one can sue the ~Consumer Court~ for "negligence of duty"?

No wonder people in this country are forced to resort to vigilante justice through extreme measures like painting warning messages all over their cars and parking them in front of the manufacturer's showrooms etc.

Justice is dead. All ye TBHPians out there, please observe 2 minutes of silence in memory of that which never was. Guess it will always remain an illusion.

<END OF RANT>
Old 20th July 2011, 15:05   #1149
BHPian

@Iron

Check their balance sheet. Not worth it.

Last edited by harishv : 20th July 2011 at 15:08.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:07   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Best of luck Dude. We are all with you. You could probably have some of the BHPians from Mumbai join you on that date. Its a thursday though. Any voulenteers?
Hundreds are gathering there every day. Wouldn't affect them. Courts are out for me.

However, I have a plan for later. I will need our Team then.

Thanx for the offer.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:08   #1151
BANNED

Quote:
Even more so extensive media coverage.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:10   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

Exactly. Hurts them more than the Court cases.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:23   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Quote:
Exactly. Hurts them more than the Court cases.
I guess that path should have been chosen a long time ago. But it's never too late.

One thing that needs to be considered is that corporates like Skoda are important revenue-generating advt. customers for (most) media houses. They will probably not report such a case with absolute honesty if that is the case.

Worst case, if Skoda is on their "esteemed" client list, this move could backfire on you.

To summarize, the media is like a double-edged sword. Handle it with extreme care, so as not to jeopardize your case.

Also, the courts do not look favorably upon cases which have been subject to trial by media, especially when sub-judice. You may lose your moral advantage of being the "oppressed" party, if that happens.

Proceed with caution. All the best.

- Bullitt
Old 20th July 2011, 15:28   #1154
Senior - BHPian

I am revisiting this thread after a very long time and see that time has stood still! I can feel the Op's frustration. The Fabia is one of the cars I have been musing about for a probable upgrade, but this thread has given me "Skoda Phobia" for good.

There are three A.S.S. setups adjacent to my wife's place of work and I observe them everyday when I go to drop / pick her up. They are namely Khivraj (Maruti), Gurudev Motors (Skoda) and MPL (Ford). The first two are next to each other and the third is on the opposite side. No prizes for guessing which is the dullest among the three, with the least number of cars in front!

Last edited by Gansan : 20th July 2011 at 15:30.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:37   #1155
BHPian

Really frustrating but do not lose heart Harish, and I am sure you will not. Let those judges and lawyers and everyone under the sun know that you are firm in seeking justice, and that nothing with wither you in your will to do so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks