Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:48   #1051
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 2 Yea

Ofcourse there is no question of your car being returned back to you its am sure a write off by now, its about getting monitory compensation.

Though it is wrong to critic a judge - especially before the final judgement - it seems that the judge could have moved to the next stage on 15th itself, but decided to give Skoda & nummer eins another chance for the time being.

The problem you will face if and when the judge passes judgement in your favour is recovery of the amount that you win (from skoda will not be a problem - unless it goes to SC and that is unlikely) but from nummer eins which may not longer be operating in it's earlier form. You need to get the compensation from Skoda itself.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:48   #1052
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 2 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Update -

15th Feb 2011. Wow. What a journey from 2008 to 2011.

One of the lawyers from the office representing Nummer Eins says he has not received the copy of our amended application furnished many months ago. Skoda lawyer also claims non receipt.

All these guys were handed over the copy in court many months ago.

The lady judge showed them the rojnama for every date where they kept asking for time to file their reply. She asked them as to why they kept asking for time to file replies if they hadn't received the document. No answer.

My representative also showed the Court the signature on the application, which was in the possession of the Court, of the person who received the documents. The Nummer Eins lawyer had the gall to say some other lawyer from our office must have taken it. I am not aware.

Lo and behold. Surprises galore. The judge instructs us to give them another copy despite being given numerous last chances.

So the next date is 8th April.

Can't your advocate move something against them for trying to misinform the court?

I think,instead of keeping a single petition,your advocate should file some additional cases for purposely delaying and providing misinformation to the court.
Old 8th April 2011, 13:34   #1053
BHPian

update

Final arguments on 10th June 2011
Old 8th April 2011, 13:40   #1054
Distinguished - BHPian

All the best harish! Hope you get justics. PLease ensure you invite some members of the press to cover it. Whichever way it turns out, the publicity would help the cause of others who have suffered a similar fate!
Old 8th April 2011, 13:50   #1055
BHPian

Re: update

Quote:
Best of luck Harish, all of team-bhp is with you. I hope the 2 years of pain condenses into one consolidated pain killer. Which ever way the decision finally goes, I think this forum has been instrumental in waking up a sleeping monster and that consumers or customers cannot be taken lightly.
Old 8th April 2011, 14:25   #1056
BANNED

I hope this too is not a false dawn. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel. I wish Skoda are sent packing back to Czech Republic.
Old 8th April 2011, 14:34   #1057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In this context, and with a case that has, for no reason other than delaying tactics of skoda+dealers, gone on and on for years, what does "Final" mean?
Old 8th April 2011, 14:48   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Harish, We all are with you.Justice will prevail.

I am sure you will win the case, its just a matter of time.
Old 8th April 2011, 14:56   #1059
BHPian

I really pray it goes in your favour and sincerely wish Skoda is made to pay you atleast 5 times the on-road price as penalty for all the effort and mental agony. Wish you All the very Best.
Old 8th April 2011, 15:53   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
In this context, and with a case that has, for no reason other than delaying tactics of skoda+dealers, gone on and on for years, what does "Final" mean?
Till now it was stage of evidence. Now that all evidence presentation etc. are completed the lawyers of both sides submit their arguments. That is why it is final argument. Post this the judgement is delivered.

I hope this goes in your favour H. However it does not mean that judgement will be passed on 8th April (today)!!
Old 8th April 2011, 16:28   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, sudev, for the technical explanation.
Old 8th April 2011, 16:44   #1062
BHPian

All the best Harish. I just hope if Skoda loses it stops here and does waste time and image appealing again.

Cheers,
Old 8th April 2011, 18:56   #1063
BHPian

Thanks guys. Let's hope so. Will keep you posted.
Old 9th April 2011, 00:16   #1064
An1
BHPian

Quote:
All the Best Harish.. May you get a fair judgment and compensation that you deserve for your long drawn crusade !!
Old 9th April 2011, 08:58   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I hope this too is not a false dawn. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel. I wish Skoda are sent packing back to Czech Republic.
hopefully this case will send a strong mesage to every car company in India. all manufacturers must understand it very wll that it is the customer who makes or breaks the company, not a two dime dealer!!!!

hats of to your patience harishv, will eagerly wait for the results of 10 june.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks