Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2011, 15:39   #1156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
One thing that needs to be considered is that corporates like Skoda are important revenue-generating advt. customers for (most) media houses.
- Bullitt
Oh. They tried their best to stop reports then. Had a couple of tough journalists, though. They went ahead with the reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post

Really frustrating but do not lose heart Harish, and I am sure you will not. Let those judges and lawyers and everyone under the sun know that you are firm in seeking justice, and that nothing with wither you in your will to do so.
Yes buddy. You know I won't. Thanx for being there always.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th July 2011 at 20:11. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins. Thanks.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:49   #1157
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

@ harishv: Keep up the fight. The newspaper reports have come and gone, but this thread on Team-BHP remains. We are always with you.

@ Moderators: I was wondering, is it possible to do something so that whenever anybody googles "Skoda", this thread will appear right at the top, on the first page? I know we did something like that with "Oxyplus from Dorf Katel" and "UT Cars".
Old 20th July 2011, 15:50   #1158
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Harish

Salute your spirit of sticking to the car as it is a solid one but going hammer and tongs at the guys who are here to break the image of the wonder car. Hope you will get your drive back in original parts condition or better still a upgraded Skoda Superb in return. All the best and all of us at T-BHP are behind you for support and strong shoulders.

Cheers
Prasad
Old 20th July 2011, 15:59   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

I cannot understand why the court is accepting this behaviour from Skoda. These days, the SBI, state governments, and even the central government are getting their fingers badly rapped by the Supreme Court. True, a consumer court is a loooong long way down the ladder from India's highest court, but it is still a representative of the same thing, the same judicial structure. If I was presiding in that court, I'd be making sure that Skoda/etc was getting some pain for their attitude to the court, before even coming to the complaint.

Skoda and their lawyers are not just sticking a finger in the air to Harish, but to the courts of India.
Old 20th July 2011, 16:07   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I cannot understand why the court is accepting this behaviour from Skoda. These days, the SBI, state governments, and even the central government are getting their fingers badly rapped by the Supreme Court. True, a consumer court is a loooong long way down the ladder from India's highest court, but it is still a representative of the same thing, the same judicial structure. If I was presiding in that court, I'd be making sure that Skoda/etc was getting some pain for their attitude to the court, before even coming to the complaint.

Skoda and their lawyers are not just sticking a finger in the air to Harish, but to the courts of India.
Actually, it's the court that is showing the finger to the common man (a.k.a harishv). It was the judge himself who was MIA this time.

It is exactly this bureaucratic mindset of the Indian judiciary that corporates like Skoda thrive on. They know they can get away without judgment and punitive damages for decades, by which time the aggrieved party has no choice but to give up.

Last edited by Bullitt : 20th July 2011 at 16:11. Reason: grammar
Old 20th July 2011, 16:27   #1161
BHPian

Harish,

If nothing concrete happens on the 4th, how about taking the fight on a different platform? The social networking sites?

Here is something from the top of my head:
* Edit the first post and bring it up-to-date with events till now.
* Decide on a Date and Time
* Every T-Bhp member supporting you would voluntarily put up the permanent link of the post on fb, g+, twitter, their blogs or wherever they deem fit.
* We encourage our friends to re-post it till Skoda notices it and adequately compensates you.

Something like this would surely come to their notice and teach them a lesson.
NikhilB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 05:47   #1162
BHPian

Sounds good. Will do it after the 4th.
Old 21st July 2011, 07:13   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Sounds good. Will do it after the 4th.
Was eagerly waiting for 20th. And expected for some good news.. Unfortunate... this is India's Judicial System. Hope 4th August turns out better.

We are with you, i know u will take the fight to them. All the best.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:32   #1164
BHPian

I sincerly hope harish gets some good news this time
Old 25th July 2011, 13:26   #1165
BHPian

harishv, dont know if you have done this already but go to the following link and post a grievance with all the details. lets involve the Department of Road Transports and Highway and the Department of Consumer Affairs. in this issue and see of they can help in any regard. lodge two separate grievances for the two departments highlighting how skoda has been exploiting the loopholes in the judiciary to dodge the consumer forum.

:: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::
saurabhkanchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 13:53   #1166
Senior - BHPian

This is highly ridiculous! Another date! I mean seriously what the..?
Reminds me of Sunny Deol blantering in Damini "Taarikh pe Taarikh". This has to stop. The lawyers and the company can no longer continue with this. I seriously suggest, this be taken to the most powerful medium of publicity- The Internet.

Even I have the same question - Can someone sue the consumer court?

The way this is heading, I admire your patience Harish. May truth prevail. We all stand united.
Old 25th July 2011, 14:12   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hundreds are gathering there every day. Wouldn't affect them. Courts are out for me.

However, I have a plan for later. I will need our Team then.
Thanx for the offer.
Great to know you still stand tall; keep that chin up. These seem to be usual delay tactics designed to frustrate you.

Team will be there whenever you want us to be, just let us know a little bit in advance so some of us can plan the logistics accordingly.

I also like the idea of using social networking to publicise this thread. I am willing to do it whenever you decide this is fine.
Old 25th July 2011, 14:47   #1168
Senior - BHPian

This might be OT but it is is something which has happened and I have to share it. One of my friends friend is undergoing legal procedures for divorce. The judge asked for Rs 1 lac to give an earlier date. Since the fellow was in no hurry he said "No thankyou".

But if does give an idea of what harishv is against.

In my opinion already injustice has been done in the name of these delays.
All we can do is to hit back.
I am ready to paste the link for Harish on twitter and Google+. We are waiting for your word brother.
Old 25th July 2011, 16:00   #1169
BHPian

Thanx guys. We will wait till the 4th of August.

Also, 7 figure plus penalties have arrived in India. Read front page of the Times of India, dated 24th August. - ' Paralyzed mishap victim gets record 1.25 cr payout.' A beginning by the Motor Accident Claims tribunal.
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 16:14   #1170
Senior - BHPian

harish - what has in these three years that you've been waiting for justice, what has become of your car and whose possession is it in?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks