Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 11:35   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Harish,

Appreciate your patience. Sad that this incident happened in India. And shame on you Skoda.

You have waited too long to let these delays decide the outcome. Fight as much as you can, even if it takes a decade. No point in backing at this point.
Old 19th September 2011, 12:45   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Update
President of the Forum retired. Awaiting new President.
All absent except me and my legal representative.
Next date 28th November.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
28th November! That's mockery. This here, is a perfect example of how powerfull houses literally milk our judiciary system. Ridiculous.
Ridiculous to the core. Is there anyway that one can sue the consumer court?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 13:20   #1248
Distinguished - BHPian

In our country, if anyone voices his displeasure at how things are going on a legal matter, the courts conveniently sit up indignantly and claim that the matter is "sub-judice" and any discussion of it is "contempt of court".

How is THIS not contempt of court?

Everybody's time, money and patience is being tested to the core. I appreciate that there is a point to be made here, but the way things are going, Harish (and the consumers he represents) are the losers, while Skoda and their cronies laugh their way to the bank.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 14:27   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Media did a lot. There were journalists who went ahead with the story despite lot of hurdles.
Did that. Registered a complaint with the cops. Matter got managed.
I hope you have maintained all the records, including follow up on your complaint with the cops and their inactivity.

I am assuming that the phase of arguing your case in the consumer forum has already completed, so now it's only the judgement that's awaited. When you move onto the appeal stage where either you or Skoda/dealer appeal the verdict in a higher court (is it the Supreme Court?), this evidence should also throw light on the inactivity of the cops.

You may have already done so, but please do let us know if there's a way to escalate this to a higher judiciary by may be a special petition. Since the case has dragged on for many years, you should have a right to file a petition for speeding it up or having it heard by a bench of the regular court. Maybe your lawyer can advise you on this.

There's just one thing I want to say: Whip their a.s.s.e.s (I mean Skoda and the dealer). I salute your patience and the manner in which you have fought against this serious breach.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:10   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I hope you have maintained all the records, including follow up on your complaint with the cops and their inactivity.

am assuming that the phase of arguing your case in the consumer forum has already completed,

just one thing I want to say: Whip their a.s.s.e.s (I mean Skoda and the dealer). I salute your patience and the manner in which you have fought against this serious breach.

I have all the records.

The final arguments are still pending.

Thanx. Will do my best.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:19   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Hi Harish,
I have been reading this thread for long. And it pains to see that the case is still pending for so long.
Tell's a lot about the Big Companies mentality towards it's customer's.

Was just thinking if we can help a bit. One idea that crossed my mind, to put this thread on everyone's FB profile. This way the high-handedness of Skoda in India will reach to international shores, through our friends.
Atleast, we can take revenge on them softly and do some damage to their reputation.
But, I don't know if this would be right as matter is sub-judice.
I would like your and other's opinion on it, and if it is doable then surely, I will go ahead and do it.

Manish.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:07   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Harish,
I have been reading this thread for long. And it pains to see that the case is still pending for so long.
Tell's a lot about the Big Companies mentality towards it's customer's.

Was just thinking if we can help a bit. One idea that crossed my mind, to put this thread on everyone's FB profile. This way the high-handedness of Skoda in India will reach to international shores, through our friends.
Atleast, we can take revenge on them softly and do some damage to their reputation.
But, I don't know if this would be right as matter is sub-judice.
I would like your and other's opinion on it, and if it is doable then surely, I will go ahead and do it.

Manish.
I quite like the idea, I am ready to do it provided Harish agrees.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:19   #1253
BHPian

Harish, I am sure you have gone through way too much.

Let me know if you want me to post it on my facebook wall. I can post a two liner summary along with the link to this post.

And Fordmanchau thanks for a very good idea!
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:28   #1254
BHPian

Actually publicity is the only and only thing that hurts them. They relish when people take the legal route.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:39   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually publicity is the only and only thing that hurts them. They relish when people take the legal route.
Harish,
So what do you think? Is this doable without jeopardising your position in this legal tussle?
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:42   #1256
Distinguished - BHPian

I think sharing it on our FB profiles would be good - LBM just posted a thread about another Skoda dealer taking him for a ride.

We could share the links to these threads on our profiles with a warning of sorts.

EDIT: Just thinking, could this be shared by the T-BHP profile on FB as well - it has around 9k followers.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 23rd September 2011 at 15:44.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:53   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Harish,
It is really painful to see how a person who had put in his hard earned money being taken for a ride for such a long time. We desperately need an overhaul of our legal system to take quick decisions on such cases.
There was recently a proposal for the Department of Transport to penalize auto manufacturers for Lemons, don't know when that will come into force, but something like that is definitely required.

Last edited by Behemoth : 23rd September 2011 at 15:59.
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:12   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Harish,
So what do you think? Is this doable without jeopardising your position in this legal tussle?
Absolutely. I have so often told this to everyone affected by Skoda and their dealer, it is only the publicity that will hurt them. Nothing else.

Last edited by harishv : 23rd September 2011 at 16:22.
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:17   #1259
Senior - BHPian

^^ Great!! Will share it on my FB page tonight.
Will also share the FB link of the post here on this thread alongwith the text in quotes.

Thanks!
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:29   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. I have so often told this to everyone affected by Skoda and their dealer, it is only the publicity that will hurt them. Nothing else.
I quickly added this URL to my FB page. Hope this helps.

I dont know how come people are still buying Skoda.
throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks