Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 12:42   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Moderators, I believe this is one thread that can be permanently parked on the front page of team bhp.
i agree. everyone visiting Team-BHP should come to know what Skoda is up to!

i hope this battle doesn't run long like one of 'em saas bahu serials (Saas bhi khabhi bahu thi)!
Old 4th July 2011, 13:05   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Why are folks, atleast on the Team-BHP buying or even recommending Skoda?

I very well understand that individual experiences vary and even Maruti A.S.S. can be painful. But the larger point is about the percentages of good experiences over bad..

I have only heard bad, bad and more bad about Skoda. Thats enough to say I will NEVER buy/recommend a skoda to anyone I know.

All Skoda/VW India heads need to do is to run thru some of the threads here. They will know how shoddy their dealers are..
Old 4th July 2011, 13:31   #1128
BHPian

Harish, why is your case taking so much time? Are we missing anything here?
Even the latest Skoda case (shared in earlier page) is closed in about a years' time.

I think something seriously wrong somewhere in your case, that is dragging on, to cover up something else maybe.

All the Best

Patience is virtue and by God's Grace, you have loads of it. Truth will Prevail and YOU WILL WIN.
Old 4th July 2011, 18:07   #1129
BHPian

I read the long term report of laura tsi of autocar India and even they are having problems with Skoda service(if the motoring press are not spared then what could be the plight of normal people-I shudder to think).
Old 9th July 2011, 20:17   #1130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Why are folks, atleast on the Team-BHP buying or even recommending Skoda?

I very well understand that individual experiences vary and even Maruti A.S.S. can be painful. But the larger point is about the percentages of good experiences over bad..
Doesn't arise in reality, because I can't afford it, but even though I've followed this thread and the associated one which began with Skoda threatening Team-BHP, went on to meetings where the usual marketing tripe was spouted without any real delivery, I'd be awfuly tempted by the yeti if I could be. There are a lot of good Skoda cars, and members can only post about their own experience as it happens to them.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:57   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
I read the long term report of laura tsi of autocar India and even they are having problems with Skoda service(if the motoring press are not spared then what could be the plight of normal people-I shudder to think).
The automotive media is not at all reliable, "show me the money, honey" is what they believe in. Did you check subsequent editions of the said magazine? Skoda would have carried out huge advertisements of its products, thus paying the hush money to keep it's troubles at bay.

The media has, pardon my language, gone to the dogs. The media has forgotten it's responsibility towards the society and has become a mere puppet at the hands of MNCs everywhere.
Old 15th July 2011, 18:15   #1132
BHPian

I think the issue is the crook dealers who are souring the experience of relatively good cars in the market. So while there are no competitors for cars like the Laura TSI and Yeti, and Superb has already dominated the market, I decided soon after warranty expiration to not go to a dealer service station again.
Old 15th July 2011, 18:56   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipunkul View Post
I think the issue is the crook dealers who are souring the experience of relatively good cars in the market. So while there are no competitors for cars like the Laura TSI and Yeti, and Superb has already dominated the market, I decided soon after warranty expiration to not go to a dealer service station again.
this entire thread discusses how the company is hand-in-glove with the dealerships to take customers for a ride. Its better to stay away from A.S.S after the warranty of the car expires.

Last edited by saurabhkanchan : 15th July 2011 at 18:58.
Old 15th July 2011, 19:55   #1134
BHPian

Guys,

I will never buy from them- the way they treat our friends. I can always sacrifice the experience of a good car (none of their cars are stunningly good,by the way) for the sake of ethics.

Of course,every maker has his shortcomings,even every activity has its pros and cons.But a car maker who is so nakedly abusing the Customer's cause in collaboration with the dealers is best avioded.
Old 15th July 2011, 22:48   #1135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipunkul View Post
I dont agree with that. One dealer might be bad. But when most of them turn out to be the same, that basically shows that the company is not bothered about whats happening beyond making cars and dispatching them to the dealer. The success of octavia went to there heads. Look at Toyota. So many members have experienced this that when you feel cheated or are unhappy with the dealer, you just need to call Toyota customer care directly and they intervene immediately and make a lot of noise with the dealer. End result: The Dealers stay in check.
Old 15th July 2011, 23:22   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

I dont agree with that. One dealer might be bad. But when most of them turn out to be the same, that basically shows that the company is not bothered about whats happening beyond making cars and dispatching them to the dealer. The success of octavia went to there heads. Look at Toyota. So many members have experienced this that when you feel cheated or are unhappy with the dealer, you just need to call Toyota customer care directly and they intervene immediately and make a lot of noise with the dealer. End result: The Dealers stay in check.
Goin thru a similar experience with an a.s.s. in the NCR. Taken it up to the highest level (VW Czech). It's been 3 months since my concern reached skoda auto India, and all I have got is one phone call. Will update u guys with the proceedings as and when they happen.
Hummer.Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 00:56   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
As a first time owner of a Toyota vehicle (Altis AT) for the past 2 years (50k+ kms) , I can VOUCH that the experience of owning the vehicle has been splendid...... more so on account of the super responsive, economic & reliable A.S.S. structure (nothing exceptionally great about the car, it just does everthing without a fuss)

I have survived the TATA A.S.S. (had an Indigo) which had its pros & cons ( Pros : made me a patient & resilient personality type
cons : was ready to join the 'Economically Weaker section' post every visit to the A.S.S.) but it didnt hurt me beyond a point because -
A) Its an old generation 'TATA' - dont expect wonders
B) Fundamental reason for purchase was not supreme reliability or quality but high on economy (VFM- as people call it)
C) Its most certainly not a status symbol (although it should be, anyone maintaining an older generation Tata would certainly be a rich person)

However, If I am to spend 10 lacs+ on a car , like hell I want infallible reliability as a GIVEN.

Besides reliabililty, I would want to engage with a company that has a strong customer satisfaction orientation ? Every manufacturer would have lemons, but how the manufacturers choose to deal with it is a different ballgame !!!

Most certainly , Skoda has miles to cover w.r.t. customer responsiveness / satisfaction.

I was REALLY inclined to buy the Laura Diesel (instead of Altis) , but the ordeal Harish has gone thru ensured that I will never spend my hard earned money to own a Skoda vehicle !!!

Not sure how I have added value to this discussion, but since I have been following this thread for over a year now, I couldnt refrain from openly expressing my frustration on Skoda !!!
sidwadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 01:11   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

I was almost harassed by Ford customer care after I bought my Figo - they called every week, sometimes twice a week, for two full months until I told them to stop - to enquire whether I was happy with the car. Every time I go to the dealership I'm greeted with smiles offered drinks and everyone asks me how is the vehicle and whether I'm enjoying it.

And, unlike Toyota, Ford is not known for best customer care.

When somebody buys a new car from a dealership, even a cheap car, he is not buying on an "as is where is" basis - if that were so then there was not need even for a warranty.

The guy is buying into a product+service. And if the manufacturer can not provide the latter properly then it is their fault.

I just hope all the Skoda apologists are never cheated by anybody - that is when they'll learn the hard way what we are talking about.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 15:49   #1139
BANNED

There is a very narrow and undefined line between being caring and a nuisance. We all have our thresholds.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 14:02   #1140
BHPian

@ harish: All the best for today's hearing. I hope the court gives Skoda India the exemplary thrashing that they so deserve, and you the justice that is your right.

I hope to God that this judgment should be so painful for Skoda, that all the other auto manufacturers in the country should hear them screaming in pain (literally). Then they will stop taking us Indian consumers for granted.

May God be with you. (We at Team-BHP definitely are!)

Waiting to know the outcome.

- Bullitt

Last edited by Bullitt : 20th July 2011 at 14:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks