Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 12:05   #1066
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 2 Yea

All the best and keep going, Harish.

Also I would like to propose an idea, not sure how it may sound to others. All the time we keep consoling the person by words that we are with you. Isn't there any better way? I mean can't the fellow members from Mumbai just accompany Harish to his next court hearing? I'm not asking anybody to make rally or protest against the company, just accompany the person to/from the court. Rather than all the Mumbai based BHP-ians at least the Mumbai based Skoda owners may do so, as they could be more prone to similar incidents. It will spread the message to the company or even its Head Quarters that customers in India are not taking it easy, and they may lose a goodwill from lots of existing customers which are their free advertising agents - good or bad.

It was just a view of mine, not sure how difficult is it to implement. Please share your opinions.
Old 11th April 2011, 20:52   #1067
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 2 Yea

great idea isopke, i suggest whoever from this portal can make it be there for him, but not sure how many will support it. supporting someone online and in person are two diferent things

if i am in mumbai on 10 june, i will be present for harishv.
saurabhkanchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2011, 12:14   #1068
BHPian

Absolutely abominable. Our laws need to change, and protect the consumer. Kindly share the thread on FB/Twitter.
Old 12th April 2011, 13:30   #1069
BHPian

Harish - All the best. We are all with you and wishing/hoping judgement would be fair in all respect (read : in your favor ).

Its time Skoda (and other car makers) learns that Indian customers are not fools and have to be treated the same way that they would do to others in US/Europe.

All the best.
Old 12th April 2011, 14:00   #1070

Hi guys,

I have heard complaints suspecting the same mischief with the Skoda Dealer in Hyderabad. He has a monopoly here and is some how able to influence the Skoda management against the appointment of a 2nd dealer.

Toyota/Hyundai/Maruti/Tata - 3 dealers,
VW/Honda/Chevy/BMW - 2 dealers,
AUDI/Merc & ( SKODA ) - 1.

Wonder who they are comparing themselves to...Merc & Skoda dealerships owned by the same Company/Management. At one point they shared the same paint shop. Parts from accident car used to replace in another car and the owner charged for a new replacement. One owners car parts swapped with another or a car under warranty, as he was closer to the dealer/Work shop manager.

Don't have proof for it though. Sad. Have seen their work shop and Paint booth.

My friends Laura Diesel had an electronic component that had failed. The dealer here gave a whole list of parts/components to be changed. Didn't solve the problem, zeroed in on the chip.

Superb Diesel Auto Gearbox - Oil leak. Their Analysis - Gearbox replacement.
Required - Seals to be replaced.

Don't think i'll ever buy a Skoda / Merc in Hyderabad.

Drive safe,

Akhil
Old 12th April 2011, 15:04   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkanchan View Post

if i am in mumbai on 10 june, i will be present for harishv.
Thank you Saurabh, for supporting the cause.
Old 12th April 2011, 18:52   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Thank you Saurabh, for supporting the cause.
no sweat i have always said this is not just harish's fight, its of every customer who has been cheated till now and hopefully this will be a lesson for the companies who decide to cheat on customers in future
Old 12th April 2011, 20:43   #1073
BHPian

Can't believe that the judge wants to give the other party so much time again and again. What is the point? What kind of justice is this? Can't they see this case is running for more than 2 years and what kind of progress has been made. The obvious delaying tactics?

This is beyond belief. Take for example the 2G scam case which is much more complicated. Some charge sheet was filed within few months for 80,000 pages. Harish's case is the least complicated and the documents involved must be very less. For god's sake it is a civil case. Can't think of what will happen to criminal cases.

Sorry about the rant but this seems to be beyond comprehension. Even this has happened to one person the gall of Skoda is disgusting and they are not worth to be in the business.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 12th April 2011 at 20:44.
Old 13th April 2011, 10:32   #1074
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Can't believe that the judge wants to give the other party so much time again and again. What is the point? What kind of justice is this? Can't they see this case is running for more than 2 years and what kind of progress has been made. The obvious delaying tactics?
Let restate what I said earlier. In Indian philosophy 'time is timeless', samay anadi aur anant hai. Our legal and judicial system proves it. There are civil cases pending in the courts for over 50 years.

Our parliamentary system is equally inept when it chooses - take the Lokpal Bill - only 42 years, and people are arguing that why should society interfere!
Old 13th April 2011, 11:22   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
This is beyond belief. Take for example the 2G scam case which is much more complicated. Some charge sheet was filed within few months for 80,000 pages. Harish's case is the least complicated and the documents involved must be very less. For god's sake it is a civil case. Can't think of what will happen to criminal cases.
LandCruiser, the govt is under tremendous pressure in case of recently uncovered scams like 2G and thats why we the citizen of India are just hoping to see some developments in them. Whereas in such civil cases no pressure on govt (or judge) from civilians and so no hurry, and not to worry! That was the whole idea behind supporting individuals like harishv.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:32   #1076
Senior - BHPian

How about having a tbhp meet at the premises on 10th june?
Its a Friday and as of now I dont mind going down for the day from Pune. Where exactly is this in Mumbai? If there are not enough people from Pune (as it is a workday), I might consider taking one of the early morning trains.
It will serve a dual purpose of some presence for harish and also for the others to meet up and then proceed further.
I am not really sure how this would be considered by the court though?

Last edited by selfdrive : 13th April 2011 at 11:34.
Old 10th May 2011, 20:44   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

when I read this following news, instantly I thought of harish and his woes with Skoda. I hope this judgement is set as a precedent and Harish also gets his dues that he deserves.

Rs 3 lakh relief for a Skoda car buyer
Old 11th May 2011, 01:42   #1078
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
when I read this following news, instantly I thought of harish and his woes with Skoda. I hope this judgement is set as a precedent and Harish also gets his dues that he deserves.
3 lacs for a lemon?. Well, they should've replaced his car.

That's bad news.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:27   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
3 lacs for a lemon?. Well, they should've replaced his car.

That's bad news.
Of course if the car deserves to be replaced it should have been done so. But in the above case we really dont know what had the complainant asked for. Maybe he had just asked for compensation to have all the things which were non-functional in the car rectified, hence in the above case its all speculations.

In Harish's case we all know he has suffered beyond imagination, hence I wrote
Quote:
I hope this judgement is set as a precedent and Harish also gets his dues that he deserves.
Basically what I was happy about was that a govt forum has acted quickly (within 1 year) and has delivered a verdict against a mutinational company, in favour of a common man.

Now, if the compensation amount is justified or not is a different debate all together

regards
Old 11th May 2011, 12:00   #1080
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, the car manufacturer should have been asked to refund the full amount of the car, take back the lemon AND pay the compensation.
The punishment given should be exemplary and prohibitive in nature so that manufacturers are more careful with their dealings in the future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks