Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 08:32   #991
BHPian

Cougar,
let's support Harish here, who unlike you and me is ready to fight until the end.

Also did you accept the replacement seat from someone else's car knowingly, if so then you are guilty too.

The fact is, incidents like this seem to be higher with Skoda customers then with Maruti or Tata customers when you look at it as a ratio to the cars sold.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:59   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Taarikh pe Taarikh.

Nummer Eins lawyer absent.

Next date 8th September.
What happened in court on September 8th, 2010?
Old 27th October 2010, 09:18   #993
BANNED

This thread has been dormant for over a month.

@harishv: Any developments, considering something should have happened on 8th September - another delay is the most likely outcome in my view!
Old 6th November 2010, 12:25   #994
BHPian

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Next date 28th December 2010.

The opponents have been given on last chance to file their reply.
Old 6th November 2010, 12:38   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Hopefully the judge will not be absent .... etc. etc......
Old 6th November 2010, 20:22   #996
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th November 2010 at 22:58.
stanjohn123 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th November 2010, 23:41   #997
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the delayed reply.

Next date 28th December 2010.

The opponents have been given on last chance to file their reply.
Looks like some solid development here ! I seriously hope they miss it this time as well and that way lead to losing this case.

I always thought the customer courts are quicker in resolution; but its taken quite some time in your case. Is it normal or was there some sort of problems which led to taking this much time ?

Also if you win and they have to refund your money, will it be based on the value the car had 2 years back [when you started the case] or will be based on the value now [which I think is really really unfair] ?
Old 7th November 2010, 01:46   #998
BHPian

it should be value at the time of filing the case ( could even be at the date when the car was handed over to dealer)+ expenses + damages.
Old 7th November 2010, 01:54   #999
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like some solid development here ! I seriously hope they miss it this time as well and that way lead to losing this case.
Winning a case by default is akin to winning a football match because of a walkover.

I don't know about you but I'd like to see a match here! I'd like to see the dealership's be-hind whooped till kingdom-come! They deserve it, and that's pretty much what would happen and will happen! Watching the proceedings closely will give us an insight on the dealership's/defendant's preparation. All of us here are waiting for it.

Harish, we are with you!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th November 2010 at 01:57.
Old 7th November 2010, 12:25   #1000
Max
BHPian

I was considering buying Volkswagen car but after reading this thread, i will never ever buy skoda or Volkswagen and have strongly pressured my friends not to buy skoda or Volkswagen (parent company i guess?) brands.

I sent link of this thread to my cousin in pune who already own 2 skoda's and he was shocked and surprised because he never have any major problem with his skoda dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
Its not the manufacturer that indulged in criminal activity: that was the dealer. Skoda employee(s) may have been in on the grease coming from the dealers, but that has to be investigated thoroughly. Ofcourse, Skoda could have handled the customer interaction differently rather than trying to do a cover up. But atleast in this case, Skoda suspended the dealer (as i understood from earlier in this thread). most manufacturers dont even do that!
It is manufacturers moral responsibility to accept actions of its dealers and compensate client for any mis conduct. If similar incident had happen in USA skoda would have already paid at least million dollar to him in out of court settlement. Don't let these corporate giants take Indian consumer on ride. Skoda has already lost at least 100 caror sales and 1000 caror reputation due to this incident and no one will buy skoda or Volkswagen after reading this thread. Have you seen their reputation in general market?, ask any one about skoda and first thing they will tell you stay away unless you have tons of extra money in your lockers and you don't know what to do with it. My friend who owned skoda petrol was very happy with the car till he had to do some part replacement, it cost him about 60k which costs about 10-15k in any honda and next thing he did is sold his car.

If I was skoda, i would have generously gave this guy brand new skoda and million rupees compensation with apology letter and apology to whole team bhp community to improve its image. But hey skoda don't care about consumer.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 7th November 2010 at 14:39. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 7th November 2010, 12:45   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

I always thought the customer courts are quicker in resolution; but its taken quite some time in your case. Is it normal or was there some sort of problems which led to taking this much time ?

Also if you win and they have to refund your money, will it be based on the value the car had 2 years back [when you started the case] or will be based on the value now [which I think is really really unfair] ?
No.They won't miss. Its just their tactic to drag the case forever,so that the opposite party gets tired and stops following up.
But ,I think this will be a one of its class classic case for auto enthusiasts in this country.

I'm sure entire TBHP community will be with this case till we win.
Old 11th November 2010, 11:22   #1002
BHPian

Thanks guys

The delay is because there is a huge backlog of cases. Cases are pending since years.
Old 11th November 2010, 11:32   #1003
BANNED

Hats off for your patience. The saving grace is Last Chance. I hope this is exactly that. I have a nasty feeling that the jokers will then appeal to the next court, to drag matter on even more.
Old 11th November 2010, 13:18   #1004
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys

The delay is because there is a huge backlog of cases. Cases are pending since years.
why not show copy of this thread to honorable judges?. They may just get the idea about hopes of 1000's of Indian customers from them. May be they can visit here and share some experience with their cars .

May be send link of this thread to Rahul Gandhi.
Old 11th November 2010, 13:31   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Agree with Harish here. Our case has been going on for 7 long years now. Our lawyers are becoming richer and we, poorer by the day.

Our case was posted for final arguments around March, but so far we haven't been even informed of a date.

Just check if you will have a court hearing on December 28th, Harish. My guess is since it is Christmas holidays, you will have a new date proposed again.

Sorry for the sour grape in the end, but I am pitching for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks