Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 09:29   #1036
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 2 Yea

I am not sure why this is not taken to Consumer courts ? Media will not write much about such kind of incidents keeping in mind the Ad revenue that these companies fetch them in long run ...
Old 11th January 2011, 09:33   #1037
BANNED

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 2 Yea

@Ranga: It was the consumer courts who ruled against Skoda. Now it is in appeal.
Old 17th February 2011, 17:25   #1038
BHPian

Mr.Harish: Did this come to hearing again on Feb15 as you informed earlier? I wish it did and something concrete happened.

Pls keep us posted.
Old 18th February 2011, 16:33   #1039
BHPian

Update -

15th Feb 2011. Wow. What a journey from 2008 to 2011.

One of the lawyers from the office representing Nummer Eins says he has not received the copy of our amended application furnished many months ago. Skoda lawyer also claims non receipt.

All these guys were handed over the copy in court many months ago.

The lady judge showed them the rojnama for every date where they kept asking for time to file their reply. She asked them as to why they kept asking for time to file replies if they hadn't received the document. No answer.

My representative also showed the Court the signature on the application, which was in the possession of the Court, of the person who received the documents. The Nummer Eins lawyer had the gall to say some other lawyer from our office must have taken it. I am not aware.

Lo and behold. Surprises galore. The judge instructs us to give them another copy despite being given numerous last chances.

So the next date is 8th April.

Old 18th February 2011, 16:42   #1040
BHPian

harishv, we are with you, do not let the company get away with this, they need to be punished for the offense. lets teach our own citizens a lesson for cheating a fellow citizens. let yours be an example for the innumerous people fighting out with these corporate giants
Old 18th February 2011, 17:05   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post

well. thats the law and order situation here. any idea where your car has been standing for the last 2 years?

thank god i did not let my brother and my close friend buy the Superb.
Old 18th February 2011, 17:26   #1042
BHPian

Phew - not again

Harish - I think you can write a book on this. Our courts really come across as a poor joke on us Indians.
Old 18th February 2011, 17:47   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Seeing this thread after a long time. Had read and followed this thread quite carefully initially. So, after three years, you still have not got back your car?

So till the date in April then? Keep us posted, want to know how this turns out after taking up 3 years
Old 18th February 2011, 18:27   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lady judge showed them the rojnama for every date where they kept asking for time to file their reply. She asked them as to why they kept asking for time to file replies if they hadn't received the document. No answer.

Lo and behold. Surprises galore. The judge instructs us to give them another copy despite being given numerous last chances.
What is this?? The judge is so stupid not to see through their game? Why to give another copy when you know that they are lying? There are proofs that the document was delivered. And that these guys are lying. Still judge asks to hand over another copy??

Last edited by Eddy : 18th February 2011 at 19:39. Reason: Lets not be speculative pls
Old 18th February 2011, 18:41   #1045
BHPian

Well hoping that this is a step taken as a foolproof measure .. a last chance given to skoda leechers.

Hoping u get a whopping reimbursement for the ordeal.
Die skoda die..
Old 18th February 2011, 21:04   #1046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Failed by Skoda, failed by the courts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacescreamer View Post
Die skoda die..
Well, that would be a shame: I can't afford a Yet, but I'd buy one if I could

The feeling is quite understandable, though.

Unfortuantely, even assuming that Harish gets judgment in his favour at some time in the future, the judge delivering it, even with the history on paper, is probably not going to have any real idea of what Harish has been through.
Old 21st February 2011, 21:10   #1047
BHPian

Car is at JMD Auto, I guess. I haven't seen it in 2 years.
Old 21st February 2011, 21:17   #1048
BANNED

Quote:
Car is at JMD Auto, I guess. I haven't seen it in 2 years.

What's JMD auto's connection in this?
Old 21st February 2011, 21:30   #1049
BHPian

Skoda had diverted my car to them for inspection and rectification.
Old 21st February 2011, 21:56   #1050
BANNED

Quote:
Skoda had diverted my car to them for inspection and rectification.
When was it sent to them & how long will it take them to return it to you? In general, how has your experience with JMD been, if you have had any experience with them at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks