Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2011, 15:24   #1081
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Hi Harish,

Have gone through your whole Thread, and my Hearts Burns with Pain on two Aspects.

1) How can a company take their customers for a RIDE?
2) When will our government modify the 50yrs old regulations...?

I am sure all here will appreciate your patience.. and assure our continued support to you.

Looking forward to the results of June Hearing.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:26   #1082
vij
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

This is blatant day light robbery by Skoda in my opinion. The fact that they fight and stretch this case shows how devious and corrupt they are. What can I say except - This can happen ONLY in India(alright maybe Afghanistan and Pakistan too).

Last edited by vij : 6th June 2011 at 11:27.
Old 8th June 2011, 14:14   #1083
evo
BHPian

Am waiting eagerly for the tenth of June to know what happens. Skoda deserves to be made an example of and I really hope that the judge will do whatever is in her power to do.
Old 8th June 2011, 18:21   #1084
BHPian

Hi guys.

Was off for a long time. Had been extremely busy with work. Came back to Mumbai today for the hearing on the 10th.

Thanx for the overwhelming support, always.

I agree with 'selfdrive' - the penalty should be so prohibitive, it would deter errant companies from taking people for granted. Once the zeroes increase they will immediately toe the line.

Ain't expecting much. Looks like a long haul.

Will keep you all posted after the hearing.

Thanx again.
Old 8th June 2011, 18:53   #1085
Distinguished - BHPian

Good luck Harish.

Few would have had the persistence to see this through, and of those few, even less would have been able to afford to. It must have been tough on you in every way and, as you say, it is not over yet.

Very best wishes. We will all be looking to this thread on the evening of 10th.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 19:05   #1086
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Harish Landmark judgements throughout history have always been delivered only after extraordinary persistence and courage shown by the person. A very good examle being the famour movie- Flash of Genius. I just saw it yesterday and it reminded me of this case. Yours is a perfect example of that and I can bank my money on your case's final decision will set a new precedent in our country. Kudos to you SIR!
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 17:57   #1087
BHPian

All the best Harish for your case, hope the judge see's through all this and takes a well informed decision.
Old 10th June 2011, 09:34   #1088
xPK
BHPian

Harish, wishing you the best for today!

and keeping my fingers closed
Old 10th June 2011, 14:56   #1089
BHPian

Update.

Nummer Eins lawyer present.
Skoda lawyer absent.
JMD Auto lawyer absent.
My lawyer present.
Me present.

Lady president of the forum present. The other member absent. So, no hearing could be conducted.

Also two opponents absent.

Also Nummer Eins lawyer wanted 10 more days to prepare.

Next date, 20th July 2011.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:12   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey cant there be anything the media do? or all the TBHP members do? I think unless you put strength behind this campaign you will probably get old by the time you get a decent hearing with everyone present. They are just playing with you. This is just becoming a big joke now.

We can all start some sort of movement on the net? I am sure in todays world it will surely gather a lot of support.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:13   #1091
BHPian

Harish bhai - dheeraj rakho, hum aaapke saath hain. I think any sensible judge would now know the motives of Skoda and Nummer Eins in this case - that is to prolong, prolong and prolong. But surprised to know they were not there even for the final hearing.

All the best for June 20.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 15:24   #1092
BHPian

harish, can the lawyers ask for more time like this for infinity? isn't there any time frame for the upper limit of delays? also can't they be pulled up for being absent so many times? Good luck to you for the case. let truth prevail
Old 10th June 2011, 15:32   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Next date, 20th July 2011.
Thats usual crap ; endless tailspin with our judiciary. Loss of 1 month & 10 days more to deal.

Don't they understand - Justice delayed is justice denied.
May some good sense prevail in the judicial system.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 10th June 2011 at 15:33.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:33   #1094
Distinguished - BHPian

All this discussion is based on one basic assumption. That our judiciary is impeccable with the most honest judges and the likes. But how many of us can vouch for this? I am not sure if I can. For a company like Skoda it should not be very tough to buy the whole bloody system. This is the most arrogant face of it. A small issue which would have worked in there favor in terms of publicity had they handed Harish a new car or atleast showed some concern and talked and reached a solution.

Thats why I once again stress the importance of putting numbers behind this protest. Otherwise this will just go into oblivion. Anna Hazare has shaken the govt because of these so called numbers in sheer contrast to the poor lady who has been on fast from a decade in manipur protesting against AFSPA.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:34   #1095
BHPian

Forget losing faith in Skoda !! Looking at these ridiculous delays, most people, after reading this thread, will lose faith in our judicial system !!

Remember the dialogue "taarikh pey taarikh, taarikh pey taarikh, taarikh pey taarikh" from the film Damini ?

Quote:
All the best for June 20.
It is July 20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks