Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2010, 13:17   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 2 Yea

Every episode of this is more bad publicity for Skoda. Where on earth did they recruit their management from? Hasn't someone at the top got the simple intelligence to say, "settle this nonsense. I don't care how, just settle it --- but preferably in a way that makes us look good."

Isn't that elementary?
Old 29th December 2010, 13:31   #1022
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 2 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
...these so called MNC's treat Indian customers like dogs.
they get the courage bcoz of our 'mahaan' netas and stupid 100yrs old judiciary full of lazy people who enjoy winter vacation, summer vacation, festival vacation and what not? and that too in a country like India where millions of cases are pending! people fight cases generation after generation and one court case can go on till 20-30yrs!

bring the judiciary in India under emergency services and should be made 24/7/365 to clear the back log of cases and give justice to innocent citizens.
Old 29th December 2010, 13:35   #1023
BHPian

^^
Dont want to go back 70 pages and search, but I would assume this 'settle it' would have been tried for sure. Like you said, its elementary.

Probably didn't work out the way both parties would've agreed to - and may be rightly so !
Old 29th December 2010, 14:45   #1024
Distinguished - BHPian

Thing is, I don't think it was -- but I'm not going to re-read either .
Old 29th December 2010, 15:09   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah well Harish- Happy New Year. See you on Valentine's then?!

Am just jesting but this must be hard on harish and his family. Someone sensible at Skoda should just sit up and take notice and *END* this.
Old 31st December 2010, 19:14   #1026
BHPian

Ahh not again!! I was really hoping something would come out in the last hearing :-(
Old 31st December 2010, 19:53   #1027
BHPian

Everytime any of my friends/colleagues go wow on seeing a new Skoda in office or outside, I laugh out of loud and explain to them the possible plight of the owner. When they ask why I say this, I point them to this thread. This is become a general practice for me and I am sure I have ridiculed Skoda b'cos of their lame practices to a couple of 100 (if not 1000) ppl. Now even if those few 100 ppl, alerted 2-3 more ppl each, we can see the multiplier effect :-)
I can see this working as no one in my circle or friend's/colleague's circles buys Skoda anymore. How can the idiots at Skoda not see this? Well its their loss :-)
Old 31st December 2010, 20:41   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Everytime any of my friends/colleagues go wow on seeing a new Skoda in office or outside, I laugh out of loud and explain to them the possible plight of the owner. When they ask why I say this, I point them to this thread. This is become a general practice for me and I am sure I have ridiculed Skoda b'cos of their lame practices to a couple of 100 (if not 1000) ppl. Now even if those few 100 ppl, alerted 2-3 more ppl each, we can see the multiplier effect :-)
I can see this working as no one in my circle or friend's/colleague's circles buys Skoda anymore. How can the idiots at Skoda not see this? Well its their loss :-)
Doing every bit to protect our friends counts
I too have successfully managed atleast a couple of my friends away from Skoda Fabia, and definitely one family member away from Skoda Laura.
All I had to do is just recollect this thread, and share this with them.
Thanks harish for all your perseverance
Old 31st December 2010, 20:46   #1029
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Me too.

Even by a conservative estimate, I've managed to convince at least 10 potential Skoda customers during this festive season not to buy.

3 of my colleagues were in the market for mid-level or premium hatches. Eventually, one bought a Polo, one a Punto and the third said "What the heck, economics be damned, I'll buy a Jazz!"

Even if every T-BHPian manages to make one potential customer see the truth, that's a few thousand possible vehicles sales down the drain for Skoda. It might not hurt immediately, but it will, and by the time they realize it, they might already be well down the "FIAT" way (if they aren't already).
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:03   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what exactly what we should be doing.

I have been silently doing this from last one year, in fact i have joined T-Bhp because of this thread.
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:23   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Everytime any of my friends/colleagues go wow on seeing a new Skoda in office or outside, I laugh out of loud and explain to them the possible plight of the owner. When they ask why I say this, I point them to this thread. This is become a general practice for me and I am sure I have ridiculed Skoda b'cos of their lame practices to a couple of 100 (if not 1000) ppl. Now even if those few 100 ppl, alerted 2-3 more ppl each, we can see the multiplier effect

What you are doing is simply 'Superb'.
I've been doing the same. So much that a few of my friends have started joking that I have some grudge with Skoda owners and maybe..just maybe my ex-girlfriend must have had dumped me for some bloke in a skoda.

Anyways, poor jokes apart considering the way skoda functions I guess we bhpians should be somewhat proud about the fact that we are actually driving our friends and acquaintances away from potential misery and fraud.

Regards.
Old 10th January 2011, 16:18   #1032
BHPian

Yep
50K + Strong Team BHP community . Let Skoda not take us for granted . I have forwarded this to my MD who owns one and informed him . Be ready for surprises . He recently got a hit from a Quails on the back and came up with 1Lakh Bill to set it right . Thats a different story to write here .
Old 10th January 2011, 20:20   #1033
BHPian

I would like to submit that such passive shows of support for a fellow member of the community while heartening are not solving the problem being faced by Harish.

Subject to the approval of the wiser souls in the community , I suggest that the leading lights of the community draft a letter addressed to the following entities, expressing our disgust at their shoddy handling of the issue and our serious intent to highlight this to all our family and friends who intend to purchase this company's products unless and until they set right the wrong that has been done in this particular case:

[]The management of Skoda India
[]The management of of Skoda's parent corporation
[] The governing board of Volkswagen AG
[] The editors of all the leading national financial dailies

This letter should be individually sent by each member of TBhp who feels Harish has been wronged, to the above named entities. Let us take the trouble of making our disgust felt more proactively by those , to whom it matters. Will this solve the problem for Harish? I do not know, but individual letters by even a quarter of the TBhp membership will convey to the VW honchos this joke has gone on long enough and they are sitting on a PR disaster, especially if the press is also involved through concerted action by the TBhp community. The financial cost and the inconvenience is not significant but a combined community wide effort may work to some extent atleast, hopefully.
Old 10th January 2011, 21:19   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
While I was in India for a month during DEC, couple of my frnds & family where looking at new cars including my father. Every time someone wanted to look at a Skoda, I would give them a narration of Skoda agony threads on Team-BHP & push them away from that crap.
I did test drive Laura & Fabia, though they offer lots of features & cool looks, there is no way I going let any of my family/ frnds buy one. We went ahead with a Jetta, i20, Vento. I hope Skoda realizes their mistake before its too late
Old 10th January 2011, 22:11   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

And the Yeti is one of the most interesting recently new cars in India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks