Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 15:46   #1096
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Not to worry Harish , so what if it is 20th July. Justice will be done. Taarikh pe taarikh pe taarikh, is just a way to demoralize someone to the extent that one gives up all hope. but do not give up or relent.

Skoda will pay.... our wishes are with you.
vsoneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 15:48   #1097
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 3 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Forget losing faith in Skoda !! Looking at these ridiculous delays, most people, after reading this thread, will lose faith in our judicial system !!
This is really beginning to make me wonder who is the bigger villain of the two.

Henceforth, I think I'll settle any of my future disputes out of court, thank you.

Last edited by Bullitt : 10th June 2011 at 15:51.
Bullitt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 15:55   #1098
Senior - BHPian

I guess the only +ve thing is that that next date is only a month & 10 days away (from the usual months away). Keep your spirits high, Harish. I hope they are taught a lesson.
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 16:05   #1099
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Update.

Nummer Eins lawyer present. Skoda lawyer absent. JMD Auto lawyer absent. My lawyer present. Me present.
Lady president of the forum present. The other member absent. So, no hearing could be conducted.
Also two opponents absent.
Also Nummer Eins lawyer wanted 10 more days to prepare.
Next date, 20th July 2011.
Looks like a fix - if you cannot beat them then tire them out. After two years he still needs time to prepare - what was he doing - hibernating (sleeping will not do). I think an ex-parte judgement is called for here.

We are with you. Do not give up.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 16:09   #1100
Senior - BHPian

This is turning out to be a big joke now. I am not sure whom to lose faith in? Skoda or the Indian Judiciary system? Well, what are the chances of the case being resolved on the 20th of July anyways?

Dont lose faith Harish, we are with you!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 17:21   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Looks like a fix - if you cannot beat them then tire them out. After two years he still needs time to prepare - what was he doing - hibernating (sleeping will not do). I think an ex-parte judgement is called for here.

Sorry,if I am being pessimistic here , even a judgement amounts to nothing in this country, since it is always tagged with an allowance to appeal which is then used merrily by the offenders. Even Supreme Court judgements are allowed an appeal.

harishv, we are with you ! I speak from my heart since I am also involved in a civil dispute where the respondents are simply using the loopholes in the system and this is the situation after judgement is passed !!
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 18:11   #1102
BHPian

Man you have patience, lots of patience. It's surprising that the judge hasn't reprimanded the accused party.Maybe they are blinded by money that they can't see the lawyers trying to extend the case for an indefinite period. Shame on our judiciary.

Last edited by prateekm : 10th June 2011 at 18:14.
Old 10th June 2011, 18:32   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Harish bhai - dheeraj rakho, hum aaapke saath hain. I think any sensible judge would now know the motives of Skoda and Nummer Eins in this case - that is to prolong, prolong and prolong. But surprised to know they were not there even for the final hearing.

All the best for June 20.

Cheers,
July 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
harish, can the lawyers ask for more time like this for infinity? isn't there any time frame for the upper limit of delays? also can't they be pulled up for being absent so many times?
No clue buddy. No clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

I won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Man you have patience, lots of patience.
No choice friend.
Old 10th June 2011, 19:25   #1104
Team-BHP Support

Oh C'MON! Not another extension!

I have nothing but pity for the ordinary Indian citizen for the nature and amount of non-sense he is subjected to by the judiciary/bureaucracy/civic authorities. It is funny how a 40 day extension is granted when the lawyer asked for 10 more days.

I marvel your perseverence and hope you get the justice you deserve.

Once this issue is settled, do make your ordeal public thru' newspapers or whatever means you can. I'm sure if there's anything T-BHPians can do, they will do.

This ride Skoda is taking their customers on has to stop.
Old 11th June 2011, 00:05   #1105
Distinguished - BHPian

ten more days to prepare?

After three years?

I don't like to even imagine how you feel. Nor can I imagine how any judge, anywhere in the civilised world, can grant such a request.

Old 11th June 2011, 07:34   #1106
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Skoda is treating this whole thing as a mighty joke. If only they realised how many customers they are potentially losing who know about Harish's experience thanks to T-BHP, they may be more sensitive and open to compromise.

Harish- are ALL options of a mutual settlement exhausted? Surely the judge sees the unfairness of you being without a car you paid for all this time?
Old 11th June 2011, 07:45   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I think Skoda is treating this whole thing as a mighty joke.
yeah.. a joke that'll come and bite them on their backside!

hey, what if we all share this thread on Facebook! Skoda can then lap up all the negative publicity!!

spread the word people!

EDIT: already up on my profile!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 11th June 2011 at 08:11.
Old 11th June 2011, 07:55   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
July 20.
No clue buddy. No clue.
I won't.
No choice friend.
Dude, I feel for you. I assure my support.

I would like to know,
1) Is there a dead line for a court to close a case?
2) I am sure there is a max number of extensions a lawyer can take, can someone confirm how many?
3) Cant Harish switch this case to a Fast Action Court, As the car is degradable product.
4) Cant Harish raise a fresh Criminal Case on the people concerned for wasting his time and court time (which is contempt of court). Might help in getting their attention.
5) If i am right, the compensation that Harish will get when ever the case is closed will be the current value of the Car, which is fast depreciating. I hope note.

Hope some of the above points might help you harish..

All the best for the next hearing. Keep us updated.
Old 18th June 2011, 21:28   #1109
BHPian

Harish, what is the status now.
Old 18th June 2011, 22:12   #1110
BHPian

Harish, all the best for July 20. It's unfortunate that after all the hype & media attention, Skoda has still now bowed to it's knees. Are you having any interactions with Skoda guys directly?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks