Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 11:33   #376
Senior - BHPian

I do see Skoda Corporate online currently viewing this thread.
Old 30th March 2009, 11:35   #377
BHPian

Thats alright, it's obvious all other company officials are also viewing as guests.
Old 30th March 2009, 11:41   #378
Senior - BHPian

About time all this happened and Skoda opened their eyes and started seeing and resolving the problems. Here are just a few issues that have come out in public, think about all the ones that havent...

Since Skoda have always been able to get decent sales ever since they entered the market and so havent really bothered on customer satisfaction, as they knew people would still buy their cars. But all that might (should) change atleast after this case.

Off Topic... Correct me if i'm wrong but..
Isnt Nummer Eins owned by Choksi?? And there's other bad news about them on the forum too i suppose!?? Looks like the dealer has his way with such practices.

Last edited by karthik247 : 30th March 2009 at 11:46.
Old 30th March 2009, 12:18   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post

Off Topic... Correct me if i'm wrong but..
Isnt Nummer Eins owned by Choksi?? And there's other bad news about them on the forum too i suppose!?? Looks like the dealer has his way with such practices.
Nummer Eins is owned by the Vijans . Choksey owns autobahn
Old 30th March 2009, 12:34   #380
BHPian

Its precisely for reasons mentioned in this thread and others that i chose not to buy the Superb (though it is a fantastic car) and chose another company's product, that has a better track record in customer relationship and after sales support. There is a limit to which companies can purely rely on a good product and forget about the rest. To a lot of Team BHP community, we are here because of the passion towards cars and Skoda has to remember that their reputation is being handled by their dealers and if they do not do a good job, it is entirely Skoda's responsibility and they bear the brunt of it.

In lighter vein, i would compare buying a car to a marriage - a good marriage is not based on just "looks and performance" (pun intended), but mutual respect, support (your dealer network), family support (Skoda to their dealers and customers) and understanding which cannot be a one way street. If one of them treats the other like dirt (read Skoda in this case), you are bound to have a divorce and a bad name in society...

Last edited by rangaraj : 30th March 2009 at 12:35. Reason: Why Skoda did not get my Business..
Old 30th March 2009, 12:45   #381
Senior - BHPian

Hats off to you!! I am proud of you.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:12   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
...In lighter vein, i would compare buying a car to a marriage ...
Well put Rangaraj, and looks and performance stop mattering beyond a point and relationships much more! In fact if one were to get wedded to a Skoda car one should sign a pre-nuptial agreement

I can imagine Skoda officials running from customer to customer signing agreements to keep up their intent - instead of photographs showing taking keys from the dealer with the car as a back drop, you will have "Skoda Car Purchase and Maintenance Agreement" copies being exchanged with the buyer and Skoda.

Like kb100 said "SKODA - PODA"

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 30th March 2009 at 13:18.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:30   #383
BHPian

still to go through the thread but read a bit of it in an orkut community. so here's me lending moral support to the victim.

as for the skoda rep - mate, get a life! i hope you are exposed in every major national newspaper.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:32   #384
BHPian

Skoda has surely lost its brand image amongst us hope if they still treat customer like this skoda would no longer remain in india
Old 30th March 2009, 14:05   #385
BHPian

I recently promised someone a skoda .But now I will make sure that no new skoda would be seen in my society/relation/circle.Let us give skoda a chilling lesson.

I would also like to add that team-bhp is growing high & in near future it will be a major driving force in INDIAN AUTOMOBILE scenario.
For indians buying car is very joyfull part of life..Customer is customer whether Indian or European.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th March 2009 at 14:25. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 30th March 2009, 15:16   #386
BHPian

Its OT, my apologies.

this is from "Skoda Corporate's" profile
My Car:Mahindra and Hyundai

I wonder why no "skoda" cars on the list
Old 30th March 2009, 15:22   #387
Senior - BHPian

A frirend in south bought double digit skoda's for his company and himself his skoda has had clutch failuer twice between Dec 08 (replaced at a cost of 60K) and now march 09!! he is one of the guys who lent them support when Skoda came to India lets see what they do with his case??

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2009 at 17:36. Reason: Let's not go off-topic here. Please watch the content
Old 30th March 2009, 15:32   #388
BHPian

I'm a Director in a large US based MNC and was contemplating buying the new Skoda Laura when launched in India. After having gone through this thread have decided against it. Needless to mention that I'll be sharing what I've read here with every potential Skoda customer that I come across.
Old 30th March 2009, 16:04   #389
BHPian

Well, all I can say is that Skoda used to be a car that I wised to buy some day, however after going through horrific experiences of Skoda's customers here in India, there is no way I can lay my money on a brand which doesnt cares for its customers.

Harish, my sympathies with you and Kudos to you for your efforts in taking it up at all the forums, this will atleast give an idea to Skoda India that they need to be focussed on customer support rather than just keeping a focus on sales.

Finally a word of caution "KEEP AWAY FROM SKODA"
Old 30th March 2009, 17:32   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Its OT, my apologies.

this is from "Skoda Corporate's" profile
My Car:Mahindra and Hyundai

I wonder why no "skoda" cars on the list
Its not necessary that a person working for skoda should be owning a skoda. Also AFAIK skoda (or any other company) would not gift a car to their employee. Mahindra, Hyundai and Skoda are in different price brackets and segments.

That joke is in a bad taste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks