Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 13:49   #1396
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Update

President of the forum still missing ( it is one year since the previous President retired )
Skoda absent
Nummer Eins present
JMD present
Me present

Next date - 17th October

Since this issue drags on monotonously I guess I will make this my last boring update till there is something concrete to mention.

Cheers.
Hi Harish,

I really do appreciate your patience on this case and your perseverance is commendable.
Is there no higher appellate body which can hear your case as it is not being addressed properly in this forum?
The government also is not taking any concrete action on strict rules for the automobile industry and is not helping the matter at all.
Your case should serve as an example for all manufacturers to think well before cheating a customer.
Hope that you are able to reach a positive conclusion soon.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 14:02   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 4 Yea

Quote:
Since this issue drags on monotonously I guess I will make this my last boring update till there is something concrete to mention.
Unfortunately Harish, this is the only concrete thing in the case. Continuous deferrals.
I wish you strength and patience to continue this case. Is there anyway, an update can be received through some contacts if it is going to be teh saem story in October? Is there a higher authority you could complain to at all?
Classic example of justice delayed = justice denied.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 14:06   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I really do appreciate your patience on this case and your perseverance is commendable.
+1000 to this. As a personal pledge I have decided never to buy a Skoda (till I change my mind ).

Looking at our country's pathetic state of judiciary is it any surprise that Skoda behaves the way it does? The judiciary is quick to issue contempt notices when somebody points out an uncomfortable truth, but who's to tell the Emperor that he's naked!

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 14:26   #1399
BANNED

At least this has lost Skoda (and VW) quite a few potential sales. So at least some purpose has been achieved. However, they are too arrogant or possibly do not care to realise what is happening
Old 17th August 2012, 15:18   #1400
Team-BHP Support

When I was looking for a car in that range a couple of months back Skoda was one that figured along with others. However it remained just there as I was just not able to convince myself to look into something that I know could get me into a similar trap in future. I know lot of water has flown under the bridge and people say Skoda has improved and so on. However, I know this case still remains where it was years back. And that itself was enough for me to not even think of Skoda.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 15:23   #1401
BHPian

If you ask me, what is important is that whenever we suggest this link to prospective Skoda customer, we also need to ensure that the dealer learns that he lost a sale because of this and other incidents and that the word goes up to Skoda. I am not sure Skoda is ware of the number of prospects they have lost due to this incident. This may help change their attitude.
Old 17th August 2012, 16:05   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Skoda is really gearing up! They've become very careful and really follows up with the customer during the sale. They had followed up with me thrice during my purchase of Laura. The dealer was also extra careful during the PDI process. I guess we should start giving them the credit.

When I mentioned about the Yeti cases where the under-chasis was damaged, they made it a point to inspect the entire car before my presence and make sure everything is fine.

Skoda was also repeatedly checking on the dealer, their quality of work and attitude.

Last edited by nitinbose : 17th August 2012 at 16:29.
Old 17th August 2012, 16:09   #1403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Skoda is really gearing up! They've become very careful and really follows up with the customer during the sale. They had followed up with me thrice during my purchase of Laura. The dealer was also extra careful during the PDI process. I guess we should start giving them the credit
Er...for what?
I mean, in relevance to the thread that you have posted in.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 16:31   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Er...for what?
For their regular follow-up on the sales process, checking on the quality and behavior of the dealer as well as attending to every beck and call of mine!
Old 17th August 2012, 17:03   #1405
BHPian

Firstly, hats off to Harish for the perseverance demonstrated. As a Skoda customer myself, this is one depressing thread on TBHP for me.

The way I would think of it - For a company like Skoda, is it really that difficult to just replace the lemon and preferably give Harish a free upgrade, and wipe their hands clean off this case? Instead of tarnishing their reputation losing so many customers just because of a corrupt dealer in between? Maybe it's not that easy!

Who knows! What's running under the hood of my car? How did Harish manage to find that parts were replaced? I know this question has been posed multiple times but the thread runs into 100s of pages now and I couldn't find an answer. Maybe we should have a seaparate PDI list for Skoda alone now..
Old 17th August 2012, 21:19   #1406
BHPian

Re: vehicle insp report by skoda engineer ramkrishna surabhi

Quote:
Initially, the said vehicle was reported to M/s.Nummer Eins, Chembur workshop for accidental repair work in the month of February.
- In the month of January 14th, 08, the said vehicle was reported for periodic.....are available in grey-market).
It is mentioned like this in Post no:7..As far as i remember, an accident unearthed the fraud which happened over an year's time.

cheers
Old 18th August 2012, 10:49   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
They've become very careful and really follows up with the customer during the sale.

Skoda was also repeatedly checking on the dealer, their quality of work and attitude.
Then mission accomplished. More so if it is done after sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
How did Harish manage to find that parts were replaced?
On a surprise visit to the Nummer Eins repair yard in a separate tucked away area behind the service centre I noticed many parts like mirrors, battery etc not damaged by the accident having been removed.

Also I was tipped off by an insider.

After that on my persistent complaint and adamant visit to Aurangabad, rest of the internal fake parts were hunted down by a very honest Skoda Engineer Ramakrishna Surabhi at the JMD showroom. This he has quoted in his vehicle inspection report, a copy of which is in my possession.
harishv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 11:22   #1408
Senior - BHPian

I've always heard how difficult it is to get justice through our judiciary. Seeing this unfold in front of my eyes makes me lose all faith in the Indian Legal system

Appreciate you, Harish. This fight will help all of us ultimately
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 11:56   #1409
BHPian

Have you considered throwing in an element of racism and accusing them of being Nazis - and putting this forward in a German newspaper. That would perhaps set the cat amongst the pigeons.

As far as I am concerned, this is nothing but racism on the part of the Skoda people.
Old 18th August 2012, 12:53   #1410
Senior - BHPian

This topic shall always go down as black spot in the annuls of Skoda History in India no matter how much they may improve their after sales henceforth.

My best wishes are with you Harsihv and hats off to your persistence.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks