Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:14   #1711
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
All this while, wondering what Skoda gained by putting one of their customer go through all this and and why.
I know for sure that they have lost a lot of potential buyers ( me to begin with).
Since they don't care about a few team bhp members not buying skoda's, we shouldn't care what they have gained.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 12:45   #1712
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 6 Yea

The people who buy Skoda are mostly car enthusiasts, so most of them will be lurking around in Team-Bhp. I don't know how many hundreds or thousands of prospective Skoda owners this thread alone would have turned off.

Had I been the business head of Skoda, I would have tried every means including under the table settlement just to close this case at the earliest.

We are talking about how Businesses have become smarter and smarter in this age of cut-throat competition, and here, Skoda is stuck in time warp.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:56   #1713
Senior - BHPian

I seriously don't appreciate Skoda/VW for such immoral behaviour. These kind of companies DO NOT DESERVE to represent German engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
The people who buy Skoda are mostly car enthusiasts, so most of them will be lurking around in Team-Bhp. I don't know how many hundreds or thousands of prospective Skoda owners this thread alone would have turned off.
+10.

Infact, seeing this thread, a friend changed his decision and went for FIAT instead. He's happy since top management promptly does its bit in the initial stages itself.

Quote:
Had I been the business head of Skoda, I would have tried every means including under the table settlement just to close this case at the earliest.
Same here, not just because of bad press, but to do justice to a customer who believed in your brand.
Dunno what prompts Skoda's top management to allow this to continue to such a great extent. Evil souls.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 23rd July 2014 at 13:58.
GrammarNazi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:02   #1714
BHPian

Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
harishv is offline   (190) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:04   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I reached a fair and satisfactory settlement with Skoda Auto India today.

By making customer satisfaction its top priority, Skoda under its new leadership is steering the company in a positive direction.
WOW! Great news Harish waiting to hear for years!
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:04   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Harish bhai.

Mithai khilao.

btw:which will be your new car now.?

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:14   #1717
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations!
Details please...
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:16   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Congratulations! Feeling like a personal victory today. I must add one thing though. On facebook, one will find me sharing a lot of critical posts on the Indian judiciary system and one of my remark has been that of the two options of prosecuting a thief in our courts and negotiating with the thief, I will prefer the later. Our judicial system has been an epic failure and in many heinous crimes, it is them who have murdered the justice system more than the criminals themselves

Anyways, congratulations to you, and as said earlier, it feels like a personal victory
PNTLovesNano is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:17   #1719
BHPian

If it is permitted in your terms of settlement : please share how the issue was resolved.
Thank you!
john doe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:24   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Not to undermine your feeling of relief after this long drawn out battle but do you really mean this statement about new leadership steering company in a positive direction?

I hope you find time to provide more details. Did the new leadership beg for forgiveness or what?
Nilesh5417 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:25   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Congrats sir. Your persistence finally paid off.
Further details please.

Cheers
amansanc
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:26   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Congrats! Happy to see you out of your misery.

I can safely assume your second statement has been fed to you by Skoda and is probably a part of the terms of your settlement.
IMeMyself is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:27   #1723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Great to hear Harish and your perseverance in this case is really an inspiration. All manufacturers should be responsive and receptive to customer issues and escalation s before they reach such huge proportions.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:28   #1724
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court *UPDATE* Skoda settles the

Congrats Harish.
Skoda has finally corrected their long pending mistake.
If this thread has generated bad press for them in the past, it surely would generate good one too now onwards.
I can atleast 'start' considering Skoda whenever I plan to buy any car in the family, earlier it wasn't in the consideration list due to this thread.

P.S. : You may have written only two sentences, but to many of us it felt like personal victory and comparable to climax scenes in movies like A Beautiful Mind (committee member informing Russell Crowe about Nobel prize), The Pursuit of Happyness (Job Interview scene) and many more. Congrats again!!!

Last edited by carwatcher : 19th August 2014 at 15:38.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 15:28   #1725
Senior - BHPian

Very pleased to hear you got a fair settlement Harish. It's long, long overdue, but it's better late than never.

Major props to you for sticking to your guns and seeing this through to its logical conclusion. 99 out of 100 people shy away from going the legal route in India; you are the one that chose the road less travelled, hats off to you.

I will cite your case as an example if, god forbid, anyone I know needs to go the legal route with a carmarker.

If possible, do share the terms of your settlement. Congrats again, which car are you going for now?
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks