Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 15:07   #76
BHPian

Very confusing terminologies for these indexes. Can someone throw more light on what are all these?
Old 29th October 2010, 15:14   #77
UKR
BHPian

There are no surprises from Fiat on the rankings as far as I am concerned because I for one have got service from Fiat which is anyday far better than Maruti and Ford(which I have experienced personally on criteria of spares availability, pricing and service). Now only if the higher ups at Fiat was intelligent enough to use this positive result to some good use...
Old 29th October 2010, 15:15   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
I gave 10 over there and they asked me to provide the same rating when Fiat guys call me. Later when Fiat people called for feedback, I gave a rating of 9.
After giving this response, the Tata service centre people called me and apologized for the delay and explained me the cause of it. I think they are really after Tata for giving a better service for Fiat cars.
Anyways its good to hear this and way to go Fiat..
Well the same happens with Tata Customers as well.
Old 29th October 2010, 15:25   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Very confusing terminologies for these indexes. Can someone throw more light on what are all these?
Customer Service Index looks at the following factors

Overall Service Satisfaction
Service Initiation
Service Advisor
Service Facility
Vehicle Pickup
Service Quality

Sales Satisfaction Index takes into account the following

Overall Experience
Dealership Facility
Salesperson
Paperwork/Finance
Delivery Process
Price
Old 29th October 2010, 15:54   #80
BHPian

This is great going by FIAT!
The results only reflect the dedicated hardwork at FIAT India's A.S.S team to shatter the poor image stuck with their brand!
Now lets hope FIAT India puts these results to good use. Expecting a full page ad on tomorrow's newspaper
Old 29th October 2010, 16:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Now lets hope FIAT India puts these results to good use. Expecting a full page ad on tomorrow's newspaper

There is something in today's Mint. But this is for the satisfaction survey carried out by Hindustan Times and covered Customer Satisfaction. Surprisingly the ANHC was missing from the list.

There should be something out about the JD Power survey. Should help Diwali sales at the very least.
Old 29th October 2010, 18:12   #82
BHPian

these numbers will make sense only if the underlying calculations are revealed. Till then I won't read much into this.

Are the sample sizes for all manufacturers, given the huge skew in sales figures, same ? I bet not.

J D Power keeps on releasing such figures. These numbers don't make or break a manufacturer and NEVER reflect in sales figures.
Old 29th October 2010, 18:30   #83
BHPian

Wow!, this is surprising. How did Fiat manage to get to the #2 spot?? Tata has been trying its best to scare away Fiat customers from sales and service.
Old 29th October 2010, 19:01   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
I got an SMS just now:
"Fiat is ranked no.2 in JD Power Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSI) 2010. We remain committed to serve you better".

That was faster than I thought!
Old 29th October 2010, 19:21   #85
BHPian

Stunning results for Fiat!! I had owned a Palio for 3 years and it was an absolutely hassle-free ownership. Kudos to the Fiat management.

Its surprising to see Toyota down there and Skoda above Ford.
Old 29th October 2010, 19:44   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I got an SMS just now:
"Fiat is ranked no.2 in JD Power Customer Satisfaction Survey (CSI) 2010. We remain committed to serve you better".

That was faster than I thought!

The funnier part is that the sender of the message (at least in my case) was "TD - TATAMOTR"!
Old 29th October 2010, 20:55   #87
Senior - BHPian

After reading through the thread looks like Fiat getting the 2 spot did not come as much of a surprise to Fiat owners,who have for the majority of times got service.Infact its non-owners who are more sceptical about the results.
Kudos to Fiat for trying to get there act right,and i hope they keep up the good work.
Old 29th October 2010, 21:04   #88
Senior - BHPian

My biggest observation from this is that Maruti is the only above average performer, and due to their sheer numbers, they are pulling the average up. So if you don't own a Maruti, your service quality is below average!
Old 29th October 2010, 21:06   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Something is wrong with the so called industry average. If it is 812, how come only Maruti is higher than average that too marginally? Methinks J.D.Power should first learn the basics of statistics before coming out with their so-called surveys.
I have very similar doubts too. Since their methodology is not public information, I have big reservations on what they did to come up with these numbers.
Old 29th October 2010, 22:07   #90
BHPian

Way to go Fiat. I'm one happy fiat customer. Glad to say that I have got better service satisfaction for fiat than Maruti (we own both). I feel both Tata motors and Fiat is improving.

Most Viewed