Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 22:39   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
After reading through the thread looks like Fiat getting the 2 spot did not come as much of a surprise to Fiat owners,who have for the majority of times got service.Infact its non-owners who are more sceptical about the results.
Kudos to Fiat for trying to get there act right,and i hope they keep up the good work.
You perfectly nailed it.. Its only a "PERCEPTION" that FIATs service is bad or worse or whatever non FIAT owners may call. It is just an excuse to satisfy themselves for not buying a comparitively good product because it was from FIAT. I am sorry if I am blunt but I am unable to restrict..

FIATs service has improved by leaps and miles and on par with other manufacturers if not better. But sometimes I have had a "WOW" in my face when I report some of my problems and they getting rectified perfectly. I have a Linea MJD with 30k in the ODO and I must honestly say that I am an extremely satisfied customer of FIAT in terms of sales and service.

And meanwhile something that I could not believe myself.. I had made an enquiry three weeks back in Concorde Guindy on T-Jet and today proactively they returned my call for a test drive next week. I was really surprised. I was also told that they had close to 10 bookings today for the T-Jet in Chennai. I sincerely believe that T-Jet will do well having so many positives in its side and FIAT making a honest attempt to improve Sales and Service everyday..

Great going FIAT.
Old 29th October 2010, 23:34   #92
Senior - BHPian

Too happy to see this CSI rankings. Great going Fiat. Well done and keep it up.

I got a follow up call from TATA-FIAT dealership for feedback apart from a few calls from Fiat a few weeks back. Really helps improving the confidence in the brand.
Old 29th October 2010, 23:45   #93
Senior - BHPian

I do not see Volkswagen in the ranking. May be the study was done before the Polo came in. But surprised to see Skoda above Ford and Mahindra!!! And an incredible job by Fiat.
Old 30th October 2010, 00:32   #94
MCR
BHPian

Great going by Fiat. Not an easy job to achieve this in front of stalwarts like Maruti, Hyundai and Toyota. However I have always had a positive experience at Tata Fiat dealerships and service stations.Tata is down below because of more niggles per car I believe. I guess Honda is down because of snobbishness and "product above customer" attitude. Surprising that Ford is rated so low, may be they have just got a bit overenthusiastic in achieving the sales targets.
Old 30th October 2010, 02:17   #95
BHPian

Wow ! Nice show Fiat, no wonder their surveys and calls shows that they are indeed serious for a make over.
Tata is doing great too, no wonder even the stock itself shows its capabilities in the recent times.

Last edited by samsan02 : 30th October 2010 at 02:21.
Old 30th October 2010, 09:57   #96
Senior - BHPian

Lolz, it sounds so unbelievable, many are baying for J D Power's blood.

Kudos to TATA for supporting Fiat, I bought a FIAT only because it's backed by TATA. Guys, please congratulate me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Surprising that Ford is rated so low, may be they have just got a bit overenthusiastic in achieving the sales targets.
Yup. Perhaps they have got bogged down with the sheer number of vehicles. The Figo is fast-selling and Ford dealers are certainly not familiar with this kind of volume sales before. At least those non-metro dealers.

Skoda is also doing well it seems..time to stop Skoda bashing?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 30th October 2010 at 09:58.
Old 30th October 2010, 10:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Maruti once again shows that even if it has the highest sales in India, they are there to look after all their cars sold. This is really good. This makes makes them the undisputed no. 1 in India.
GM and Fiat are 2 marques who inspite of holding a world class portfolio of cars, which are second to none, need to do well at least in this kind of a rating, which will inspire people to buy their cars. Fiat seems to be pulling up its socks but it sad to see GM in the bottom half of this rating. Ford's place here is even more surprising.
Old 30th October 2010, 11:41   #98
Senior - BHPian

Good numbers there for Fiat congrats to them. And of course no doubt MSIL tops the chart. Its funny to see the Average figures even higher than the second one one of the list., shows the might of the MSIL's sales / service figures.

One thing I would like to quote is on a practical ideology, the indian market is not matured enough to provide unbaised ratings for the customer satisfaction, it gets skewed to many non service matters. For e.g. on a given day, if someones boss had scolded by all probability the ratings he provides will be....well funny. Moreover I have heard loads of complaints earlier from the dealer locations that the customer are not even ready to fill in the feedback form many times.

But nothing to take away from the Fiat, I am sure they are working on improving thier statistics. But a point I would like to quote is Indian surveys are not matured enough like the US market, (think abt it, how many times have we hushed off someone who comes for a survey for magazine satisfaction etc). Moreover, Fiat has the advantage of starting from scratch.
People buying Toyota/ Honda would normally expect out of sky service levels, he might get disappointed for even small things like they not calling back and asking for satisfaction level, on other hand people normally purchase Fiat with a given that the service would not be that great, but end up satisfied when they get the basic service.
Old 30th October 2010, 12:56   #99
BHPian

Vehicle Dependability Survey

Glad to see Fiat is improving.

Just browsed the JDPower website and found 'Vehicle Dependability Survey':
Attached Thumbnails
The "JD Power Study" Thread-jdpower-survey.jpg  

Last edited by ch.nathan : 30th October 2010 at 13:00.
Old 31st October 2010, 23:12   #100
BHPian

This is great for FIAT. This show the FIAT is keen to improve and TATA's are providing good support.
At least this should stop all wrong perceptions being spread through word of mouth.

JDPower is doing this every year, with the same set of parameters - So why question them this time. Unbelievable things do happen

FIAT should use this by all means to push their sales. Why not? Others have done the same year on year. Others owe a chance to FIAT
Old 1st November 2010, 00:02   #101
Senior - BHPian

During my hunt for a new car, I had the chance to experience pre-sales of almost every manufacturer.

One of the best pre-sales experience was provided by FIAT and thes worst was definitely VW, even worse than Skoda.

Good to see Fiat doing well here as they make really good cars and screws up in the small things. Improving public perception about a brand is a Herculean task but good to see Fiat is making an honest effort.

VW will learn a lesson sooner than later unless they improve drastically. Right now, they think they are doing the Indian customers a favor by offering cars at 5L.
Old 1st November 2010, 00:09   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Just browsed the JDPower website and found 'Vehicle Dependability Survey':
IIRC, Maruti Esteem was discontinued some years back. So, I find it very absurd to see Maruti Esteem in that chart.

Or did I miss anything?

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 1st November 2010 at 00:12.
Old 1st November 2010, 01:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
During my hunt for a new car, I had the chance to experience pre-sales of almost every manufacturer.

One of the best pre-sales experience was provided by FIAT and thes worst was definitely VW, even worse than Skoda.

Good to see Fiat doing well here as they make really good cars and screws up in the small things. Improving public perception about a brand is a Herculean task but good to see Fiat is making an honest effort.

VW will learn a lesson sooner than later unless they improve drastically. Right now, they think they are doing the Indian customers a favor by offering cars at 5L.
Wow, I mean thats unbelievable!! I thought India was very important for VW!
I haven't been there so I have to take your word for it. I feel like smacking these dealers on their heads. If you dont treat you customers right, they wont buy cars from you.!! Simple isnt it.

Quick question, what is the extent of Tata's involvement in Fiat? I was under the impression that Tata only provided dealers. Is there any technical relationship as well??

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "Edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating a back-to-back post.

Last edited by Amartya : 1st November 2010 at 01:38. Reason: Back to back posts within 20 minutes.
Old 1st November 2010, 10:27   #104
BHPian

Not surprised with ford

I own a Fiesta and a Punto. In the last one year ford service has gone way below expectations. Simple things like getting the car washed after service was never done. At times my A/c would loose cooling after a service. Once the figo joined the stable of Fords they seem unable to handle the load. The last time I took my vehicle to the service centre I had to wait for half an hour before someone even attended me. This was not how ford functioned. Not long ago the moment I would park someone would rush to me and fill in the forms and check the vehicle. Meanwhile I would sit in an A/c room within their billing section and served tea or coffee. Within minutes I would get my copy of the reciept and I could go home and return to get my car ready on time. They used to send me reminders for my service intervals.
On the other hand my punto is brand new and time will tell how things turn out but as of now I am pleased as punch. FIAT is in constant touch. Even after the purchase my sales rep has contacted me inquiring how my experience has been so far. When FIAT has called they not only inquired about the car but also about how the buying experience was and wanted to know where they could improve. I am hopeful that this attitude will sustain over a longer period of my owning experience.
Regarding my Fiesta, its been a gem of a vehicle with absolutely no complaints on its front. If only FORD service did not let me down.
Old 1st November 2010, 12:52   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
IIRC, Maruti Esteem was discontinued some years back. So, I find it very absurd to see Maruti Esteem in that chart.
Amith
Yes! You did miss something!

The Vehicle Dependability Study of cars is done for models sold atleast 3 years before. So, in case for 2010 it is for vehicles sold between July 2006 to October 2007.

We will never see a Polo, Xylo, Punto, Figo, Jazz, etc. in the Vehicle Dependability Study till 2012.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks