Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 18:10   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
Yes! You did miss something!

Quote:
The Vehicle Dependability Study of cars is done for models sold atleast 3 years before. So, in case for 2010 it is for vehicles sold between July 2006 to October 2007.

We will never see a Polo, Xylo, Punto, Figo, Jazz, etc. in the Vehicle Dependability Study till 2012.
Thanks a lot for the information.

Amith
Old 1st November 2010, 18:31   #107
BHPian

Interesting survey. I can understand Maruti topping the chart, but whats with Toyota being so low? I thought they had excellent service too.
Old 1st November 2010, 18:50   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

This is certainly a great news for me because currently I own a SX4 and a Palio, so I can boast to own the number 1 and 2 brands in customer service. Just kidding

Like many others, I too am surprised to see some of the rankings. I think here we should differentiate between customer service and the repair quality. The service center may leave a good impression on a customer by a courteous service, polite and friendly staff, personal attention, punctual service, good facilities (including coffee/tea and cold-drinks offer while you wait) etc. This all will count in "customer service". But this does not necessarily mean that the repairs they do on your car are of great quality and the issues are fixed satisfactorily. We (I and my friends) had a few experiences (not naming the brand here; and actually on more than one brand) where the customer service was great, but they could not fix the problem in the car in several attempts.
Old 16th November 2010, 14:45   #109
BHPian

Went to Prerana workshop today and saw a poster there showing Tata No.1 and Fiat No.2 in Bangalore. Maruti is way down at 8th position !!!

The "JD Power Study" Thread-16112010213.jpg
Old 17th November 2010, 12:45   #110
BHPian

Oh! thats interesting to see that they have released city specific survey results, so now Fiat Buyers/Owners in Bangalore can expect some good service. But Maruti's rank in Bangalore so low is surprising.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:12   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I would like to know how these numbers are calculated.

Some of the ratings look ridiculous. There is no way in the world that Fiat can be ranked higher than Hyundai and Tata can be ranked higher than Toyota and Chevrolet.

I don't trust these stupid ratings.

Rohan
Hi Rohan, Being a Fiat owner and having experienced TATA/FIAT service at 3 different dealerships over two years, I have to say I have found it satisfactory. Just to establish what I'm Comparing against, I've owned a Maruti Esteem before that and had it serviced and repaired at one of North India's best MASS centres, Raga Motors Near Paragpur, Jalandhar on NH1. They are very, very good. No grief at all in ten years of visiting them. In fact I now take my NHC to them at their other workshop.
On the other hand, the experience that friend of mine recently had at a Hyundai dealership, even before buying a car leaves me with serious doubt as to how they would treat a customer later on. Not saying you have not been getting good service or don't know what you are talking about, I'm certain you have good reason for the opinion you have. But don't go running TATA/FIAT down.
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:39   #112
BANNED

JD Power 2010 CSI Study India.

The JD Power CSI Index is out for India. Surprisingly, M&M has moved down 5 places from last year and TATA sits at Number 5, a very good growth. The other figures are as under:

Maruti Suzuki: 849

Industry Avg: 812

Fiat: 801

Honda: 789

Hyundai: 785

Tata: 779

Toyota: 777

Chevrolet: 771

Skoda: 770

Ford: 749

Mahindra: 747

Mahindra Renault: 746

Lets discuss the findings further.
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:57   #113
BHPian

Surprising no one(read Fiat) other than Maruti highlights this !!!
People from Tata and Fiat should highlight this.
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:04   #114
Team-BHP Support

I'm surprised Fiat has moved so high up!

Apart from Fiat's ranking, I think all the top 5-6 are expected to be there (and quite close!).

Can you mention the criteria for these rankings?
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:09   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Can you mention the criteria for these rankings?
I have attached the .pdf from the JD Power and the TMH press release site.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2010214-icsi.pdf (39.5 KB, 1078 views)
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:33   #116
Senior - BHPian

Me too surprised to see Fiat up in that ladder and I think they should highlight this at their dealers or at least on the Fiat India website.

@libranof1987 i agree about the remaining manufacturers. they are there always.

Way to go Fiat.

Cheers!!
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:43   #117
BHPian

Surprised to see that Toyota comes lower than TATA.
Other big surprise is the rating that Mahindra has received.Considering the fact that they rule the non sedan market in India,that's a little surprising.Good to see FIAT right after Maruti
Old 3rd December 2010, 16:25   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Surprised to see that Toyota comes lower than TATA.
Other big surprise is the rating that Mahindra has received.Considering the fact that they rule the non sedan market in India,that's a little surprising.Good to see FIAT right after Maruti
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Me too surprised to see Fiat up in that ladder and I think they should highlight this at their dealers or at least on the Fiat India website.

@libranof1987 i agree about the remaining manufacturers. they are there always.

Way to go Fiat.

Cheers!!
To quote from the pdf attached : "The study measures overall satisfaction by examining five factors (listed in order of importance): service quality; vehicle pickup; service advisor; service facility; and service initiation. Overall customer satisfaction is measured on a 1,000-point scale, with a higher score indicating
higher satisfaction."

So, I guess the reason Fiat has moved up is it JV with Tata for sales and service. And probably Nano must have played a small part in why Tata is not there along with Fiat.

I personally have no clue about M&M, but I guess the 5 factors could explain why.

Note From TeamBHP support: Pasting content from a pdf or a rich text editor (like MS Word) results in [FONT],[COLOR] tags appearing in the post. The option is to use Notepad (or something similar) as an intermediate step or typing directly into the "reply" textbox on teambhp.

Last edited by Amartya : 4th December 2010 at 07:09. Reason: Removed stray FONT and COLOR tags
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:08   #119
Senior - BHPian

once upon a time Consumer reports was criticized that different cars which were otherwise identical, but sold under different brands got different ratings
Statistical problems of Consumer Reports auto ratings
And here we have Fiat at #2 , while tata ( who actually sells and services these fiats) is still low down. Are we measuring service quality or just perception?
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:28   #120
BHPian

It looks like FIAT name is only in Paper/Book not in People's Mind. The company is bleeding with low sell but getting high rank.
How ever now they can showcase this study report into their show room.

Most Viewed