Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2011, 10:36   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Whoa! that's some serious allegation. Do you have anything to back your claim?

I have a friend who is hasn't had any issue with his Skoda (Octavia) which he is driving for almost 4 years now and I am sure that the majority of Skoda customers are indeed satisfied.

Please stop making up statistics to prove your point!
Look no further than own very own Team-BHP archives for Skoda service.

Disclaimer - I am also speaking on reading what others have said. Havent owned a Skoda.

Last edited by Equus : 27th July 2011 at 10:38.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:29   #2387
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Look no further than own very own Team-BHP archives for Skoda service.

Disclaimer - I am also speaking on reading what others have said. Havent owned a Skoda.
I am not defending Skoda in any way. All I am saying is there is no proof that the percentage of dissatisfied Skoda customers is higher than other car companies.

IMO, Skoda makes brilliant cars with great attention to quality. It is just a shame that they are not able to resolve long running issues that some of their customers are facing, which is also hurting their brand image.
Old 27th July 2011, 17:01   #2388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
It is just a shame that they are not able to resolve long running issues that some of their customers are facing, which is also hurting their brand image.
We are saying the same thing in diff ways. If Skoda fixes their service issues, they can only get stronger in this country. Everybody loves their cars - now with new pricing, they are actually very VFM as well!
Old 10th November 2011, 11:26   #2389
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a Skoda Yeti Elegance and I had a few queries on Skoda. Do people on this forum owning Skoda vehicles for couple of years feel any perceivable improvement in their After Sales service? I have gone through the previous posts where lots have been discussed on their horrible service network and wanted to get you opinion as this could be a deal-breaker for me. I dont want to intentionally getting tied to a lemon after reading all these posts.
Regarding the bad A*S*S* coverage on Skoda, I feel its more due to incompetant service agents who are just not upto the mark in handling such complex pieces of machinary than the product itself. I feel if I still get a skoda and get it serviced through skoda service having good trained staff, I might be able to save myself from going through these pains. Please correct me if I am wrong. For that matter, I would also like to take your advice as to which Skoda service center will you rate as the best in Bangalore.
Please move this to a different thread if i am off-topic here, sorry but this is my first post.
Thanks to you all for maintaining such a wonderful forum.

Cheers,
Sid
Old 10th November 2011, 11:47   #2390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to buy a Skoda Yeti Elegance and I had a few queries on Skoda. Do people on this forum owning Skoda vehicles for couple of years ................, I would also like to take your advice as to which Skoda service center will you rate as the best in Bangalore.
Please move this to a different thread if i am off-topic here, sorry but this is my first post.
Thanks to you all for maintaining such a wonderful forum.

Cheers,
Sid
PLease go here and decide
Old 15th November 2011, 14:45   #2391
Senior - BHPian

POOF! There goes the Yeti from my potential list of future acquisitions. However much I like the product, I can never bear to be associated with a company like this, especially after paying a premium price!
Old 15th November 2011, 14:57   #2392
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahhh... sad, but yes!

I can allow myself the luxury of wanting a Yet (what a great car, and how perfect for our roads!) without being able to afford one.

Quote:
Take your tongue out of my mouth, I'm kissing you Goodbye!
Neat! is this the first sighting of a book title by a feminist author as a team-bhp sig?

The same lady wrote, If You Leave Me, Can I come Too?
Old 15th November 2011, 18:35   #2393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
POOF! There goes the Yeti from my potential list of future acquisitions. However much I like the product, I can never bear to be associated with a company like this, especially after paying a premium price!
Does the above then mean that the facts still point to Skoda having not done anything to improve their A*S*S*? Also with the chakan plant being operational and Skoda sharing many parts across with the VW group, will the parts not be more affordable now? Need your help guys in finalizing my deal.
Old 15th November 2011, 21:24   #2394

This is appalling; I think Skoda is incurring a huge opportunity cost here - by not treating their customers right. I, personally am never going to buy a Skoda. I have convinced 2 of my friends too not to buy this brand.
Old 16th November 2011, 01:29   #2395
BHPian

It is still not 12 years to expect some significant change I guess. I am going purely by folk wisdom.

Perhaps its the weakness of our legal system which enables wrongdoing by some unscrupulous persons with impunity.

In 2009 a very close relative bought a Laura diesel top model. The car was duly delivered and taken for the mandatory puja etc. Next day I visit, inspect the car against the spec sheet for that model...it was a model lower. Calls to the dealer (notice the plural). Finally, a no-nonsense call. Two days later car was replaced. I am not sure but probably the fact that the relatives in question are senior advocates of the Supreme Court and that I have some legal education may have had a bearing. The car was sold this year.

Cut to 2011. A colleague likes the Fabia, orders and gets delivery. Two months, two challans, Rs.400 to traffic cops, not even a temporary number was given despite constant follow-up forget permanent registration number. Don't ask me why my colleague was driving with the sticker. Long story.

Frankly, compared to period of ownership of a vehicle the purchase event is a fraction of the time. To me buying a Skoda is like marrying a vampire. Sundar to hogi lekin roz khoon piyegi.

Cheers!
Deep_Shri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 07:12   #2396
BHPian

India is not the only place Skoda has horrible service and treats their customers like crap. Happens here too.

"I have what I, Skoda Aus, VW Aus, NRMA, MTAA, and other Mechanics consider a warranty issue. I have squeaky CV boots on my 10 1/2 month old $70,000.00 Superb V6 4x4. After repeated discussions, emails with the dealership and Skoda Aus, nothing has happened.
Even with a TPI on the issue I have not been contacted to resolve the issue."

Poor Service by Dealership with Warranty issues

Skoda Australia customer relations
Old 16th November 2011, 11:57   #2397
BHPian

Hi ,

I took the delivery of my Fabia TDI Ambiente last December from JMD Auto Andheri Mumbai.

Like everyone else my biggest concern was A.S.S. Although my first service is due next month (1 Year / 15000 Kms ), I have visited the service centre on two occasions.

1) To get my power door locking activated - This really surprises me, this is a factory built feature, however they don't activate it by default. Another friend of mine bought a Fabia Ambiente MPI and in-spite of several reminders prior to taking delivery of his car this was not activated by default.
The rubber on one of my wiper blades had torn and the blade required to be replaced. They took their time to check if it was covered under warranty - but finally changed the set free of cost.

2) The second occasion is when I had taken my car for the monsoon check up camp. I had no complaints on this occasion, inspite of me reaching with out a prior appointment and them being full they accommodated my car.

Last edited by kunaalsaigal : 16th November 2011 at 11:58.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:13   #2398
Distinguished - BHPian

Frankly I think there is a little bit of group think about terrible service from Skoda on T-BHP. At least so far, my service experience on my Superb has been decent - in no way inferior to Honda (I had a NHC earlier) and far superior to my experience with Hyundai. ( for my Getz)

I have had to visit the service centre 6 times in 18 months - twice to top up oil (could have been done independently), once to get the rear parking sensors repaired after an idiot rear ended me while I was waiting at a signal, once for the 12 month service, once due to a sidewall failure in my Goodyear NCT 5 tyres, and once to replace my ORVM which was knocked out by a bus. Overall experience has been decent. In particular, both autobahn and Skoda were responsive to my complaints on the tyres, and despite Goodyear disclaiming all liability on the ground that the damage was caused by a pothole, they bore 50% of the replacement cost. The minor repairs to rear parking sensors were done without a charge. Service took a whole day but otherwise was as good as it gets.

I have about 8-10 friends with Skodas none of whom have had major issues, or reason to be dissatisfied with the service (at least relative to other brands). Yes, occasionally there seem to be major problems which are mishandled, but there are such cases with other brands as well - look at GTOs C class experience as an example.

So don't panic - buy the car you like, and pray a bit

Last edited by Hayek : 16th November 2011 at 12:15.
Hayek is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 12:35   #2399
BHPian

Hayek, i echo your thoughts, i own a superb and found it strange that at 1K the top up fuel message came on the MFDI and called the autobhan customer service at prabhadevi, mumbai and was re-directed to the their sewree workshop and took the car there for the top - up, no prior appointment and was attended very well by a service advisor called Sachin, who ushered me into their lounge and ensured the job was completed in no-time.

Thereafter, he specifically gave me his card and mobile number and i felt that these guys have seriously pulled up their socks and got their act together, i was especially apprehensive initially as well, when i was to purchase the car, after reading several testimonials here on TBHP. But heart ruled the mind.

Some of my friends do own skodas and have been using them for over 4 years now and seem to be fairly happy/satisfied customers of the brand.

Cheers
Old 16th November 2011, 20:22   #2400
BHPian

Thanks Hayek and Transam, these were the type of info i was looking for, first-hand experience of people owning skoda's for some years and their take on the A*S*S* part, This somehow gives me more strength to go for the Yeti (The heart loves this bigfoot ) but i will surely remember the praying part ...

Most Viewed