Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 14:23   #2431
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I was planning on buying the skoda superb ( Diesel top end version) from Autobahn. Visited them and wanted a TD of the same diesel version. After waiting for a week, they couldnt provide a TD, citing strange reasons, like car is being repaired/serviced ( they mustn't be getting spares for their own vehicles). Contacted JMD at Vashi and they promptly arranged for a TD. However, in the meanwhile, some wellwishers informed me of 2 Superbs in Pune, owned by their friends, lying for longer durations at the Service stations for want of spares.
Changed my mind and purchased the Audi A4 2.0
Ritesh..yours isn't an isolated case. Many of the knowledgeable car enthusiasts are approaching Skoda with a skeptical eye. But the sad fact of the matter is that, gullible consumers, who aren't familiar with the auto industry, are still getting impressed with the badge value of Skoda but are learning the hard way. Skoda is not getting any real competition in their segment from other car brands and that also has ended up limiting the new consumers choices in that segment.

The word of mouth has started to work against Skoda now in the market, but perceivable changes due to same are yet to be visible in the sales figures.
Old 30th November 2012, 19:06   #2432
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I was planning on buying the skoda superb ...they mustn't be getting spares for their own vehicles. ...2 Superbs in Pune, ...Changed my mind and purchased the Audi A4 2.0
Congratulations on the car, which must be really great, but I wonder if Audi India can do any better on spares when needed? I hope so!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 23:19   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Congratulations on the car, which must be really great, but I wonder if Audi India can do any better on spares when needed? I hope so!
Well at least one thing is certain A4 spares wont be needed or at least not needed as often as a "Superb". By the way havent seen more of a misnomer than that for a model name. Was contemplating a "Superb" went for a used 5 instead.
Old 30th March 2013, 02:03   #2434
BHPian

Well may I know what happened to this case? Is it still going on, or finally Skoda decided to do something about it?

It's ridiculously painful that these guys come to trouble the customers instead of being APOLOGETIC to them!

My friend had probs with his Octavia since 2004, and he had told me to NEVER buy a Skoda as well. We bough a Getz when we could have considered Fabia, then a Cedia when we could have considered Rapid or Laura, and then of course Skoda doesn't have anything in super-luxury segment, beyond the Superb.

I'd actually never buy a USED Superb and Laura at 30% of its original price either!!!
OmThoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 02:19   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmThoke View Post
Well may I know what happened to this case? Is it still going on, or finally Skoda decided to do something about it?

It's ridiculously painful that these guys come to trouble the customers instead of being APOLOGETIC to them!

My friend had probs with his Octavia since 2004, and he had told me to NEVER buy a Skoda as well. We bough a Getz when we could have considered Fabia, then a Cedia when we could have considered Rapid or Laura, and then of course Skoda doesn't have anything in super-luxury segment, beyond the Superb.

I'd actually never buy a USED Superb and Laura at 30% of its original price either!!!
No, that case is still going on thanks to our judiciary. You can follow it up here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-5-years.html
Old 30th March 2013, 10:30   #2436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Well at least one thing is certain A4 spares wont be needed or at least not needed as often as a "Superb". By the way havent seen more of a misnomer than that for a model name. Was contemplating a "Superb" went for a used 5 instead.
I don't know what makes you think the A4 won't need spares. German luxury marques are notorious in India when it comes to availability of spares. Cars are known to be in the garage for periods ranging from a few days to a few months waiting for spares and parts to arrive from Germany.

Don't believe me? check out these threads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-cars-20.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...e-engines.html

The Superb is actually a best seller in its segment and has consistently outsold rivals. The way I see it, they couldn't have named it any better.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 30th March 2013 at 10:47.
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 15:59   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
Skoda cars are really addictive to use when everything is working fine,
I have a Skoda Rapid Elegance Diesel from Aug' 12. I was having the same feeling, driving some 12000 kms till March. Enjoyed every minute of driving. Had gone twice in 4 months for 750 km+ drives to Trivandrum covering the distance in some 10-11 hours and getting a mileage of 21-22 kpl.

From 11th March the car is in the workshop following an accident wherein a speading Indica Taxi rammed it diagonally from back, damaging the rear right shock absorber/suspension. Now after 3 weeks, the part is yet to come from Aurangabad!! Not sure what would be the situation in case of a Hyundai or Ford or Honda.
Old 31st March 2013, 10:17   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post

From 11th March the car is in the workshop following an accident wherein a speading Indica Taxi rammed it diagonally from back, damaging the rear right shock absorber/suspension. Now after 3 weeks, the part is yet to come from Aurangabad!! Not sure what would be the situation in case of a Hyundai or Ford or Honda.
Myth. When I had to get my swifts rear axle replaced, it took Maruthi over 5 weeks to do so, after having pleaded with them infinitely. I became a familiar face within the workshop, that anymore visits and I could have told you the work schedules of the employees.

Although, I hate deviating from the topic; I don't think it's fair to assume fair treatment by other manufacturers purely by the lack of such cases being reported.
Old 31st March 2013, 15:15   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post

Myth. When I had to get my swifts rear axle replaced, it took Maruthi over 5 weeks to do so, after having pleaded with them infinitely. I became a familiar face within the workshop, that anymore visits and I could have told you the work schedules of the employees.

Although, I hate deviating from the topic; I don't think it's fair to assume fair treatment by other manufacturers purely by the lack of such cases being reported.
Oh..thanks for your input:-) Was just clearing my apprehensions based on my previous experiences with my earlier car, Tata Indica.

I had been using Tata Indica for about 10 + years & 1.2 lakhs + kms, never had a workshop period more than 2 days, even though I had similar minor 'pilot' collisions. Perhaps the nature of impact would have been different. (Still now its doing its duty well, took it back to Trivandrum in Nov 2012 to serve my parents).

It was the first time I got this experience of not having the car for three weeks after a minor crash of a taxi hitting me from behind.
Old 11th May 2013, 12:35   #2440
BHPian

Good lord.. I'm grateful to t-bhp for this thread. I was of the firm belief that the Skoda Rapid was one of the most well-rounded cars under 10 lacs and had been telling myself that if I ever wanted to buy a car right now, it would be the Rapid (before I read the Polo GT TSI review).

Thanks to this thread and reading about the woes of the customers, I wouldn't touch a Skoda with a barge pole. I had heard that Skoda's service was bad, but never in a million years had I imagined that it would be this callous and downright dangerous. I will do my best to inform anyone interested in buying a new car and who seeks my opinion on this about Skoda's customer friendly A.S.S. and their obsession with quality.

My close friend who works in the UAE skyped me to ask my advice on which car to buy for his family to use in Belgaum. He was torn between the Rapid and the Laura TSI, but after hearing about this thread and sending him a link to this one, I've successfully made him zero in on a Honda City instead.

There is this official who had been tasked with buying a fleet of cars for his company who was my boss's friend and we used to meet regularly for lunch. One day he was talking to us about it and told us that he was interested in securing a fleet order for Rapids. Like any true bhp-ian would have done, I pulled up this thread on my phone and asked him to take a read. He did secure a fleet of cars later- and they weren't Rapids.
Old 11th May 2013, 12:49   #2441
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post
Good lord.. I'm grateful to t-bhp for this thread. I was of the firm belief that the Skoda Rapid was one of the most well-rounded cars under 10 lacs and had been telling myself that if I ever wanted to buy a car right now, it would be the Rapid (before I read the Polo GT TSI review).

Thanks to this thread and reading about the woes of the customers, I wouldn't touch a Skoda with a barge pole. I had heard that Skoda's service was bad, but never in a million years had I imagined that it would be this callous and downright dangerous. I will do my best to inform anyone interested in buying a new car and who seeks my opinion on this about Skoda's customer friendly A.S.S. and their obsession with quality.

My close friend who works in the UAE skyped me to ask my advice on which car to buy for his family to use in Belgaum. He was torn between the Rapid and the Laura TSI, but after hearing about this thread and sending him a link to this one, I've successfully made him zero in on a Honda City instead.

There is this official who had been tasked with buying a fleet of cars for his company who was my boss's friend and we used to meet regularly for lunch. One day he was talking to us about it and told us that he was interested in securing a fleet order for Rapids. Like any true bhp-ian would have done, I pulled up this thread on my phone and asked him to take a read. He did secure a fleet of cars later- and they weren't Rapids.
You do see this thread is 4 years old right? And since then Skoda has been trying hard to improve. Sure there are still a couple of bad experiences, but then again people also have bad experiences with every brand.

There are a large amount of happy Skoda owners now, like me who own multiple Skodas.

All I can say is Skoda is changing for the better, its VW's service which is now the new Skoda.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 13:08   #2442
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

You do see this thread is 4 years old right? And since then Skoda has been trying hard to improve. Sure there are still a couple of bad experiences, but then again people also have bad experiences with every brand.

There are a large amount of happy Skoda owners now, like me who own multiple Skodas.

All I can say is Skoda is changing for the better, its VW's service which is now the new Skoda.
I agree with Akshay. My experience with my Yeti and Vinayak Skoda have been good.
I think this particular thread has pretty much been done to death and ought to be closed now as it has very little relevance...
In fact I find it irritating to even read the Title nowadays because it seems so 'self righteous' somehow...
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 13:58   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I agree with Akshay. My experience with my Yeti and Vinayak Skoda have been good.
I think this particular thread has pretty much been done to death and ought to be closed now as it has very little relevance...
In fact I find it irritating to even read the Title nowadays because it seems so 'self righteous' somehow...
That's also true. My apologies for still assuming that the company hasn't changed and for jumping the gun when I've not owned a Skoda personally and experienced it myself. If Skoda's A.S.S. has improved as you guys have said, it's good news. Would hate to see good cars like these flop just because of the reputation of poor after sales support. Glad to see that there are happy owners now.
Old 11th May 2013, 16:39   #2444
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post

That's also true. My apologies for still assuming that the company hasn't changed and for jumping the gun when I've not owned a Skoda personally and experienced it myself. If Skoda's A.S.S. has improved as you guys have said, it's good news. Would hate to see good cars like these flop just because of the reputation of poor after sales support. Glad to see that there are happy owners now.
Mate.
Skodas are brill cars. They really feel rock solid.
Each time I see one of those well maintained Octys go by, my heart gets tugged...
I ve always wanted one of those but just couldnt afford one by a loooong chalk, when they were launched!
Now I ve scraped up and stumped up the dough and got a Yeti, I just love every moment with it.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 17:40   #2445
Senior - BHPian

I agree, this thread needs to be closed now, otherwise such 'self righteous' comments will keep pouring...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks