Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 12:50   #2476
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its us

Just adding a few more links to this thread. Can they be put in the first post for convenience purposes?

Skoda Improving? Think Again... Only getting worse!

Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI troubles!
kadanaJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:14   #2477
BHPian

A compilation of Skoda / VW horror stories

Those of us who read the forum regularly have come across innumerable Skoda horror stories. The problem is that these threads are pretty spaced out, and hard to find when you want them.

There have been a number of times I wished I had all these threads compiled in an easy to place find (I know bookmarking them is one option), just so it would have been easy to share with a friend or relative who was thinking of buying a Skoda / VW (and to a lesser extent, many German brands).

To that end, I present a compilation of as many Skoda horror stories I have been able to find in one convenient location. Please keep your comments limited to just posting more links, there are plenty of threads on Team-BHP where you can bash the brand (including the ones below).

Skoda horror stories

HarishV vs Skoda
One of the oldest and longest running Skoda stories on Team-BHP. Enter the saga of HarishV, who has been entangled in a 5 year long lawsuit with a corrupt dealer who tried to steal genuine parts from his car. Possibly the best thread detailing the lackadaisical attitude of the company, starring a man who refused to be bribed or threatened, and took the fight to the courts. A real hero in today's world.
Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court = Car not returned in 5 Years

Team BHP vs Skoda (and a big list of pre-2009 links)
Due to a surge of Skoda complaints on the forum, the company decided to threaten Team-BHP. We didn't take that lying down.
(this thread also contains a huge list of more horror stories in itself, but most of them are pre-2009)
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!

How little Skoda really cares for India
Skoda's infamous DQ200 7 Speed DSG transmission is known for 2 things. Incredible performance, and unimpressive reliability. VW China extended the warranties of unhappy customers to 10 years. In India, we don't get jack.
Skoda Superb DSG 7 Speed DQ200 failures- China gets official reaction, why not India?

No change despite the long history of complaints (January 2014)
An owner of 2 Superbs faces major issues. The company still doesn't care.
Skoda Improving? Think Again... Only getting worse!

And now, even the new Octavia is facing issues (January 2014)
Problems faced with 2 new Octavia TSIs
Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI troubles!

Other relevant links

The owner of a Vento gets burnt to death

Disgruntled Skoda Superb owner advertises on NH8, Gurgaon

VW goes a step ahead, by offering a poor dealership experience before you even buy a car

Skoda seems to rank pretty low on this list

The general view on German manufacturers

How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Why are most European cars Unreliable in India?

Why the Germans NEED NOT and WILL NOT give you Service

Please keep in mind that this isn't a thread just to bash Skoda. The purpose of this thread is to make it easier for when you want to share these stories in order to dissuade a friend / relative from buying what is making itself out to be one of India's worst brands! Feel free to add more links, along with a brief summary if possible

Last edited by kadanaJ : 9th January 2014 at 14:19.
kadanaJ is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 14:34   #2478
Team-BHP Support

Re: A compilation of Skoda / VW horror stories

Either that, or you could just go to Google and type

skoda horror site:www.team-bhp.com

Because whenever somebody starts a thread on a Skoda issue, you will find atleast one member who will use the phrase "horror stories" in their post.
SmartCat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:00   #2479
Senior - BHPian

Since it says VW,adding link to my ownership thread and problems faced thread here. I request people not to raise questions like what one bhpian has in my ownership thread. Its pointless for us to discuss what the buyer was thinking.

Ownership thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...vice-done.html

Thread detailing all issues till date of sale
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...fuel-leak.html

I lost a lot by selling it,but compared to the peace of mind I have now,its nothing.
shashank.nk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:01   #2480
Senior - BHPian

I think this thread by catamaran also belongs here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...pair-bill.html

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:35   #2481
BHPian

You can add these as well:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...epair-job.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ement-car.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ew-clutch.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...w-failure.html

And many more !!!
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 15:56   #2482
Senior - BHPian

There is an existing thread which has all the Skoda horror threads linked in:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...its-users.html
_raVan_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 16:00   #2483
Distinguished - BHPian

Ohh man - I LOVE THIS!

Skoda will forever remeber www.team-bhp.com if they have to pack their bags off India (which I think will happen sooner than later) !

And remember this too -- You had all the time and options in the world to avoid all these. Your high handedness and arrogance can only take you this far!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th January 2014 at 16:04.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 16:02   #2484
BHPian

A much needed step. This had become need of the hour. I would suggest that all those who have suffered at the hands of the company or their dealers should compile this and distribute the copies to the entire management of Skoda that will come at the Delhi/Noida Auto Expo Show. This can also be sent to their MD and to their parent headquarters for all of them to see, how hard bend is their team in India to spoil their reputation.

Hope this acts as an eye opener to them.

Last edited by mints21 : 9th January 2014 at 16:03. Reason: typo
Old 9th January 2014, 16:51   #2485
BHPian

I believe most of us have been through the threads mentioned in this master compilation, yet I have a query, why are there no issues of such caliber raised so far by owners of the Rapid or Vento? Or are these actually better cars?
Old 9th January 2014, 17:01   #2486
Senior - BHPian

wow - this is a great help. Every time someone even is mildly entertaining the thought of buying a Skoda/VW, i can just point them to this one. I would be doing them a great service.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 9th January 2014 at 17:03.
SkyWalker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 17:27   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
I believe most of us have been through the threads mentioned in this master compilation, yet I have a query, why are there no issues of such caliber raised so far by owners of the Rapid or Vento? Or are these actually better cars?
Exactly what puzzled me too. How come one does not hear so many complaints about the Vento? What is it that VW does right ?

As for Skoda, seriously its time for all of us to do a total boycott of this brand. Inspite of their seriously good looking cars, its imperative that they be told in no uncertain terms that the Indian consumer cannot be taken for granted for ever. Skoda has had enough time to make amends and they have not given a damn.

If inspite of all the horror stories listed on this site, people still buy Skoda, they have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 9th January 2014, 17:49   #2488
BHPian

I haven't really suffered at the hands of vw but I would like to say that by not offering extended warranty on vw polo gt, they are cheating Indian consumers. If they can offer extended warranty in China they should be able to do this in India. But they are not doing it here just because the laws are lax. They know that they can get away with anything in India.
Old 9th January 2014, 17:50   #2489

I thank all the people who have in different threads talked about the "horror stories" with Skoda / VW. I was getting swayed to look at Skoda Rapid and or VW Vento, but I am thankful that I did not do anything
Old 9th January 2014, 18:45   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Nice effort there.
Can someone add a pledge button on top which read:
I will neither buy nor recommend a Skoda to my near-and-dear ones, ever.
Yes
No
Let all members vote for a month. Then send the results to Skoda fellows in India, Czech and Germany.
The statistics will clearly indicate the potential customer base that the company is losing, due to either picking the wrong dealers or not testing the products in India or something else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks