Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2015, 12:48   #2596
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushyanth View Post
I got the filter replaced, and after a week of driving the problem seems to have disappeared, did a highway run of about 800km as well. No problem as of now.
I did inspect the old air filter once the mechanic removed it, and it was not in good shape. It had seen better days!
But any explanation provided for it to have conked off so soon when the usual interval to replace it is a lot more. What is anyways the ideal replacement interval for the Air filter? Or was it covered under warranty?

Also does it then suggest that the glow plug warning was due to the Air filter? That is strange.
Old 12th February 2015, 14:28   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But any explanation provided for it to have conked off so soon when the usual interval to replace it is a lot more. What is anyways the ideal replacement interval for the Air filter? Or was it covered under warranty?

Also does it then suggest that the glow plug warning was due to the Air filter? That is strange.
Well, Skoda claim that the air filter needs to be replaced every 15000kms, i.e. during every regular service. Keeping in mind that the service interval for Skoda is one year or 15000kms.
And apparently the air filter isn't covered under warranty they say.
And i'm starting to speculate foul play by the workshop and mechanics, since this problem started only after the first maintenance check up.
Old 12th February 2015, 16:10   #2598
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Must correct you here: Skoda was founded in 1897.

As regards to their premiumness: None. Absolutely none. They were a Third World car maker- who stuck with making useless cars and 2 stroke motors for a very long time. In fact- If not for VW, they would've died a very natural death.
Their premiumness was that they were one of the first manufacturers of internal-combustion-engine vehicles in the world. That is very genuine, and it is a couple of generations later that they became the joke to which you refer, that VW picked up from the scrap heap.
How do you double the value of a Skoda?

Put some petrol in it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 23:57   #2599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Their premiumness was that they were one of the first manufacturers of internal-combustion-engine vehicles in the world. That is very genuine, and it is a couple of generations later that they became the joke to which you refer, that VW picked up from the scrap heap.
How do you double the value of a Skoda?

Put some petrol in it.
What have you been through that makes you so bitter? I only ask since I promise you, I will fight for you. I know how.

They do make good cars now, and not all due to Volkswagen. They do give service, good standards. I have fought and got it.

If not in the public forum, PM me please.

All the best.
rajeevn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 02:56   #2600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What have you been through that makes you so bitter?
Nothing! In fact I am not bitter about Skoda at all.

All I know is a little bit of history, simply because I was there at the time. That pre-VAG Skoda joke is genuine, and there were many others. Ask Google.

The only car of the time, back in UK, that received even more derision was Lada.

I have nothing against VAG-group member Skoda at all. I wouldn't mind owning one of their cars: specifically, I'd love a Yeti.

I have a lot, in general, about marketing people misrepresenting things. I have plenty of opportunity to rant about that, because, to a great extent, it seems to be what marketing people are paid to do.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 05:55   #2601
BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't show up all the time sir, only after 40 to 45 minutes after I start a trip it occurs.

And if I park the vehicle aside and restart the engine, it is all gone!

Strange!

I too faced a similar issue with my Rapid within a month of ownership. On visiting the ASS I was told that the OBD had recorded a low fuel warning and was cutting down the turbo output intermittently. I was not given the scan reports, however the problem has not surfaced again. There were no charges and behaviour of service representative was good. The mechanic however refused to let me be in the repair bay.
Old 27th March 2015, 08:21   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..... i noticed that the glow plug warning light started to blink continuously,...
Quote:
...... i was astonished to hear what he said, they claim that the glow plug warning occurs even if an air filter is choked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
..does it then suggest that the glow plug warning was due to the Air filter? ...
Your SA is right here. The glow plug warning lamp will flash, in instances of any disturbance in the engine control system.
This is clearly indicated in the owners manual. Refer pages 17 & 181.

Last edited by rajeev k : 27th March 2015 at 08:34.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 10:54   #2603
BHPian

Oh thanks for the information! But I fail to understand why the air filter and the A/C filter were in such a bad condition, given that my car had done just 7500 kilometers and was just a mere 7 months old.
The car hadn't been through any dusty conditions at all, it spent most of its time on the highway.
Old 27th March 2015, 20:07   #2604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh thanks for the information! But I fail to understand why the air filter and the A/C filter were in such a bad condition,
The car hadn't been through any dusty conditions at all, it spent most of its time on the highway.
AC Filter would get clogged irrespective of the condition of the road, if the system is on re-circulation mode most of the time and there is lot of dust on the car floor.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th March 2015 at 23:09. Reason: Post edited on request.
Old 27th March 2015, 21:33   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
AC Filter would get clogged irrespective of the condition of the road, if the system is on re-circulation mode most of the time and there is lot of dust on the car floor.
OK, correct me if I'm wrong here.
But I hardly use recirculation mode on my vehicle, and the air filter and the A/C filter are almost similar in the purpose for which they are installed, aren't they?
I haven't come across any vehicle that needs an air filter and the A/C filter replacement so early.
I haven't driven it in any dusty conditions at all.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th March 2015 at 23:09. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 27th March 2015, 22:05   #2606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I hardly use recirculation mode on my vehicle, I haven't come across any vehicle that needs an air filter and the A/C filter replacement so early.
Keeping the fresh air mode continually is also not advisable, as it is an energy inefficient way. Strike a balance between the fresh air/re-circulation modes, depending on the number of passengers in the car and the duration of continuous travel.
Coming to the filter failure part, you are right. It indeed is a premature one.

Last edited by rajeev k : 27th March 2015 at 22:30.
Old 28th March 2015, 22:25   #2607
BHPian

Thank you sir!
And can you please throw some light on the usage of the air conditioner? Why is fresh air mode inefficient? And, does the number of people in the car and the duration of traveling influence the the mode setting of the air conditioner?
Old 1st April 2015, 05:51   #2608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir!
And can you please throw some light on the usage of the air conditioner? Why is fresh air mode inefficient? And, does the number of people in the car and the duration of traveling influence the the mode setting of the air conditioner?
OT, still.
Answering the first point first.When the fresh air mode is continually open, the hot outside air need to be cooled continually whereas when it is on re-circulation, only the cool air need to be cooled making the cooling more efficient.
Every body carries heat and therefore more heat need to be removed.

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st April 2015 at 05:55.
Old 23rd July 2015, 12:52   #2609
BHPian

I have a similar horror story to share. Being at the receiving end of Skoda now, I can sympathize with all Skoda owners in India.

We had bought two cars namely of Skoda Laura regn no UP16AD5212 in march 2011 in the name of Mr Alok Agarwal and the other Skoda Yeti regn no UP16AE2521 in June 2011 in the name of Mr Ajay Agarwal. Both the cars were covered under extended warranty.

Both cars developed ECM snag on the stroke of the 4 year warranty expiry. While one dealer (Jai Auto, Delhi) returned back the car by asking 50% of the new value of the ECM under goodwill warranty, the other dealer (Nawab motors, Noida) now sits on the Yeti for over a month, has taken Rs. 40k, and refuses to order the ECM, or cover under warranty/goodwill warranty. They fail to share any correspondence with Skoda, even respond to my queries.

I have lodged a complaint at the Skoda customer care by sending them an email. They have asked me to contact one Ms. Soniya who has left the dealership several months back. The other contact they have mentioned in their mail Mr. Ajay does not respond or read mails.

Isn't it convenient for both cars to develop ECM snags the next day the warranty expires. Can an ECM be programmed to fail on the next day is my question?
Old 23rd July 2015, 14:54   #2610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivrt View Post
I have a similar horror story to share. Being at the receiving end of Skoda now, I can sympathize with all Skoda owners in India.

We had bought two cars namely of Skoda Laura regn no UP16AD5212 in march 2011 in the name of Mr Alok Agarwal and the other Skoda Yeti regn no UP16AE2521 in June 2011 in the name of Mr Ajay Agarwal. Both the cars were covered under extended warranty.

Both cars developed ECM snag on the stroke of the 4 year warranty expiry. While one dealer (Jai Auto, Delhi) returned back the car by asking 50% of the new value of the ECM under goodwill warranty, the other dealer (Nawab motors, Noida) now sits on the Yeti for over a month, has taken Rs. 40k, and refuses to order the ECM, or cover under warranty/goodwill warranty. They fail to share any correspondence with Skoda, even respond to my queries.

I have lodged a complaint at the Skoda customer care by sending them an email. They have asked me to contact one Ms. Soniya who has left the dealership several months back. The other contact they have mentioned in their mail Mr. Ajay does not respond or read mails.

Isn't it convenient for both cars to develop ECM snags the next day the warranty expires. Can an ECM be programmed to fail on the next day is my question?
What do you mean by ECM failure? What issues were the cars giving that they have been diagnosed with ECM failure? Email the MD of Skoda India.

Frankly even I am getting tired of Skoda. My experience with them started off on a good note, but I've realized than anything besides a normal service and they do not know how to handle vehicles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks