Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 14:42   #2251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Yes, if Polo is risky due to unknown factors, Fabia is risky due to already known factors.

Dropping Fabia is a wise decision, I would say.
Even after repeated calls and mails I didnt get any info on service & spare prices from VW dealer. It looked a bit fishy to me.

How can a comany not know what are they going to charge for service and how much will the spare cost. Why are they keeping a big silence on it.

I got a detailed spares & service rates from Skoda. But few of the rates are not justified at all. One thing good about Skoda is thier customer care who are prompt in calling for any posted qureirs in thier website.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:49   #2252
Senior - BHPian

I'm on of those guys who will think 100 time before putting my hard earned money on any car from VW stable i.e. including Skoda and Audi. As I said earlier, I love European cars for the same reasons for which they are famous for.

Lack of competent A.S.S centers/engineers or Unresponsive A.S.S, unresponsive compared to say Maruti or Hyundai, is one thing and unethical practices followed during A.S.S is another. The later is what I would avoid at any cost and to do that will fully rely on reviews by the user.

As far as this thread goes, IMO TRUTH should not have any "Terms & Conditions" applied.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:04   #2253

Not very long ago, there was a joke about the Skoda brand, doing the rounds in the UK. Q: How do you increase the value of a Skoda? A: By filling up its fuel tank.

I too was planning on an Octavia before settling on the Dzire DDIS. I heard both camps and came to the conclusion that the risk factor was simply too high to be mitigated by VW's ownership. So, no Octavias and the head ruled supreme for the Dzire
Old 7th May 2010, 17:05   #2254
BHPian

In the last century the World swore never to trust Germans and yet the same World swears by the technological breakthru's they provide. Irony...???

In my experience it's some hardcoded luck with VW cars. If one piece works, it will work wonders and on the contrary if one ceases to work, then there is no one who can make it work :(
Old 9th May 2010, 16:11   #2255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjoe View Post

I too was planning on an Octavia before settling on the Dzire DDIS. I heard both camps and came to the conclusion that the risk factor was simply too high to be mitigated by VW's ownership. So, no Octavias and the head ruled supreme for the Dzire

Off Topic:

The dzire and the octavia belong to different segments and there is a great price difference between the two. Still, you compared them? Or you were looking for a used Octi??

Regards.
Old 9th May 2010, 22:46   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Off Topic:

The dzire and the octavia belong to different segments and there is a great price difference between the two. Still, you compared them? Or you were looking for a used Octi??
It is not always that budget is the constraint!
There are people with budgets of 20 Lakhs or more who might eventually settle for a Ford Figo or even an SX4!
Strange are the ways of the Lord!
Old 10th May 2010, 11:29   #2257
BHPian

Another thing to note is that lot of people have the wrong notion that Skoda is German. Well really sorry to them because skoda is CHEZH REPUBLIC. Agreed Skoda and VW share platforms, engines and a few parts but that does not make it German.

Majority of Skoda parts clearly state "Made in Chezh Republic", which means low quality.

In the Top gear show, Jeremy Clarkson was testing an Audi and some part was not functioning properly to which he remarked "The poor guy who made this part in Germany will unfortunately shot dead tomorrow" Thats how much Germans value quality and functionality of their cars. Buts thats the Germans and not the Chezh !!!!
Old 10th May 2010, 11:57   #2258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liner4u View Post
Another thing to note is that lot of people have the wrong notion that Skoda is German. Well really sorry to them because skoda is CHEZH REPUBLIC. Agreed Skoda and VW share platforms, engines and a few parts but that does not make it German.
its Czech Republic mate
Old 10th May 2010, 12:49   #2259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
its Czech Republic mate
Thank you mate! (my german heart doesnt accept too much beating)
SKODA doesnt have a huge market in Germany itself (considered a cheap brand but quite value for money).

It is really unfortunate that SKODA is fighting its customers instead of their service centers... cant be too complicated to implement a proper quality control.

And old sentence comes to my mind: BE AWARE OF CUSTOMERS, THEY WANT YOU TO BE RICH...

sometimes I really ask myself how badly aftersales is being done (especially because the product is so expensive and the margins are quite high (for an industrial product). anyway lets hope SKODA renews' their service center network completly
Old 10th May 2010, 22:21   #2260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Majority of Skoda parts clearly state "Made in Chezh Republic", which means low quality.

In the Top gear show, Jeremy Clarkson was testing an Audi and some part was not functioning properly to which he remarked "The poor guy who made this part in Germany will unfortunately shot dead tomorrow" Thats how much Germans value quality and functionality of their cars. Buts thats the Germans and not the Chezh !!!!
Skoda belongs to VAG, which is German enough for me! My understanding is that all three brands share many parts, not just platform.

Jeremy Clarckson's sense of humour is just that: a sense of humour. The joke does not stand up to analysis, as taking someone out and shooting them for the standard of their work probably fits a soviet-blok stereotype rather better than it fits a West German one. Lada, anybody?

He is a brilliant entertainer; probably the best car-show presenter there has ever been: be careful not to takes his jokes seriously!
Old 11th May 2010, 00:22   #2261
BHPian

I have been following this Thread from a long time , even when I was not a member of Team-BHP. I read almost all the comments/replies which have been made till now. After reading all this I can say that what we are complaining here is about *** by Skoda and even other companies like FIAT India , VW, Ford etc. In most of the posts by BHPIANS , Senior BHPIANS , Moderators etc. we have accepted that yes if you only look at a car SKODAs are wonderful , the build quality , the Safety features , Paint Quality , Interiors/plastic quality, Engine, Suspension, seating etc. is much better than its contemporaries. Same is the case with Punto and Ford. We say Puntos and Fords are Driver's cars , they have awesome handling , wonderful onroad control, strong build quality etc. etc. However, the only issue with them is their *** and Dealer support due to which we do not like to but those cars. I am saying all this because I also think the same, and I also hold the same opinion which BHPians have expressed in around 150+ pages above this post.
From all that what I have written above and the number of posts in this thread/discussions it proves - How important is *** for the success of a car brand. Success story of Maruti proves this fact , then came Hundai and also Honda who followed the same success due to their ***.
The lines above was the Prelude to what I actually have to write. I would like BHPIANS to read carefully and give suggestions.

Let us take an example of Maruti , It has broken all the success records in India by any company , any car which Maruti Launches become and Instant Hit in the Market. Main reason for Maruti's success it Not its Quality , or Engine(except Swift which is sourced from FIAT), or Build quality or strength but ***. None of the Maruti car below Swift Zxi has the safety features offered by Fabia , or Figo , or Punto or even other features like good plastic , ICE , seat quality , paint quality, good tyres etc. Still it sells like a hot cake in India , all due to its Wonderful ***. I myself own a Maruti Swift Lxi , after driving it for about 1.5 yrs I seriously feel that Fabia ,Punto, Ford , or I20 , I10 are much much better than Maruti Swift and offer much more that what Maruti offers in terms of car(only) but still they are way ahead of Maruti in terms of sales again because of its ***. Whenever Maruti Launches a car it comes with N number of models with cheap changes. For ex in Swift LXi they do not provide Right OVRM as a standard acessory , even Swift LDi which cost 5+lakhs will not have body coloured handles & OVRM. Swift Zxi whic cost around 6+ lacs does not have an air bag. Paint Quality if awful for all Maruti Cars , Plastic is pathetic , there is not seating comfort , Tyres are the worst , even a 5.5+ lacs Swift VDi has Tornado , there is too much of Rattling in their Hot selling Swift. You will have to negotiate for Mud Flaps which hardly cost 150 a piece , they will not give you cigarette lighter as a standard accessory , they provide the worst company fitted stereo etc.
New wagonR has been launched with 4 models , the highest one will be costing same as Swift VXi prices. This is very little which I have written , If we analyse we will find 100 more points but we still buy Maruti. This also proves that Heart Rules the Mind while buying a car. We will buy Swift Diesel but will not buy Punto with same engine and better driveability because it is Maruti.
Beacuse of this I seriously Feel that Maruti has gone down on quality. They know that customers will always but it , we have a Service/Dealer network to support it.Hence , we can sell anything to Indian customers and they will but it. Awesome (awful) service network of Skoda and Tata dealers are helping its cause. Its like Microsoft of IT Industry , windows sells more than Unix/Linux.

I would like to know what Fellow BHPIANS think of it.

@Moderators : if by any chance I am posting it in wrong Thread please merge it to right one or create a new one.
Old 11th May 2010, 00:59   #2262
BHPian

Guys not sure why there are *** for ***( After sales service) which In the post above. Please read 3 stars as (*** as ***) After Sales Service
Old 11th May 2010, 10:23   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Skoda belongs to VAG, which is German enough for me! My understanding is that all three brands share many parts, not just platform.

Jeremy Clarckson's sense of humour is just that: a sense of humour. The joke does not stand up to analysis, as taking someone out and shooting them for the standard of their work probably fits a soviet-blok stereotype rather better than it fits a West German one. Lada, anybody?

He is a brilliant entertainer; probably the best car-show presenter there has ever been: be careful not to takes his jokes seriously!
Yes Skoda is owned by VW, but Skoda auto is an individual entity in itself. If skoda does not offer proper service you cannot sue VW !! You have to sue Skoda. VW also owns Audi, Seat, lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche etc. The Audi R8 and Lamborghini Gallardo share the same platform does it mean Lamborghini is German !! No its Italian.

Only in India Skoda has such a high pricing. Elsewhere its considered as a cheap car. VW does not want to disturb the premium enjoyed by Skoda in India which is why its pricing its cars lower than Skoda.

Jeremy Clarkson is the best car-show presenter no doubt, his statement is humorous but the point is important. A company gives its car to the best motoring show in the world and something doesn't work on the car. Won't it affect the brand image ??

Have u heard Jeremy's comments on Skoda- he doesn't even consider it as a car !!
Old 11th May 2010, 11:22   #2264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Guys not sure why there are *** for ***( After sales service) which In the post above. Please read 3 stars as (*** as ***) After Sales Service
@SinghBHP, that is because of an auto-edit feature that the forum applies on certain words. For After/Authorized Sales & Service, you can use A.S.S.
Old 11th May 2010, 15:54   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Why not check the internet about german value and reliability of W210?

Last edited by alpha1 : 11th May 2010 at 15:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks