Originally Posted by anilkalvani
Hope more and more people come out with their saga on Skoda. This proves that we just should not blame the dealership alone. You should have told the Czech guy who replied to your email to shove his czech attitude up his royal you know what. Just very very angry at their attitude.
Yes, thats true, its not just a dealer issue, but a systemwide malaise
Originally Posted by harishv
evo. just the tip of the iceberg friend.
Why doesn't some enterprising journalist take the whole story up and blow the lid off this huge scam being played on the Indian public ?
He will have the story of the decade. A subsidiary of Volkswagen. Wow. Imagine.
Can somebody get in touch with Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear? Can we have a Sucheta Dalal here ? Would that help ? Navin
- will surely do All those
who pm'ed me regarding next course of action -
Start by making a dossier. Make it easy to read. Every correspondence on each page, date wise, single, easy to read. Highlight the actual conversation in color.
One page for the sms converstaions. Use a different color for the actual conversation, otherwise it might not be readable along with the other details.
Photographs if any.
Put your copy of the job card and the bills.
Keep a recorder handy for further conversations.
Any other relevant data.
Thats it. Make a soft copy and a hard copy. Send me the hard copy. Will edit it and send it back to you.
Check it ou. Lets start moving.
Very structured advice. Will do it this weekend
Originally Posted by HappyWheels
That is some nightmare that you have gone thru! So, Skoda Czek do not have any control on Skoda India. Skoda India has no control on their dealers. And Skoda Dealers have no control on their employee's!
Man, what a circus!
Haha,yup, and we are paying to see the show!
Originally Posted by loving_alaap
It is really difficult to bear such harassment evo.
So what happens at the end?
How much u have paid for all nuisance?
Have you bought the new fleet of cars from other manufacturer?
If yes, then show the invoice to skoda & tell them that they have lost a few crores in trying to save few thousands.
I didnt get the LCU changed, however weird it sounds, its my Satyagraha!
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Your post is scary!!!
Imagine a dealer telling us to 'quit the arguement', and the management at the manufacturer telling you there's nothing we can do to help???
Headlamps, grilles being replaced without your permission!
Skoda, you're unmentionable!
Ya, I wonder if they made any other "swaps" that I`m yet to discover.
Originally Posted by GTO
I'm going to take an objective view here. Broadly, there are two issues:
1. Paint job / car delivered long after the initially promised deadline : Unfortunately, this is prevalent at many workshops (even the best of 'em). Personally, I am happy as long as the delay is not unduly long, and the end job is to my satisfaction. BUTTTTTTTTTTT my concern revolves around the fact that the paint job is showing signs of wearing and the Skoda dealer didn't do the most basic job of sanding the previous paint. What's the point of going authorised anyways then?
2. Headlamp light control : Grey area. Electronic components can fail at any time (even within a month of fitting a genuine part). The key question here is : Who is responsible if a electronic part fails (by itself) when in the dealer premises...the owner or the dealer? That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if the dealer had swapped your part with that in another car (based on so many similar experiences being quoted here).
What I find absolutely shocking though is in the unprofessional way in which they interacted with you:
1. The dealer tells you to quit the argument
2. Skoda washes its hands off the matter and tells you to take it up with the dealer?! IS THE BRAND NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS DEALERSHIPS! WHO IS THEN? We might as well start importing cars ourselves from the grey market if the company is not held accountable for authorised dealerships. How dare they walk out of the issue, when it is a premium owner of a premium car having a problem with their supposed premier dealership?! This is NOT customer service, in fact, I am only more convinced that Skoda India is least bothered about its customers or maintaining a basic level of customer satisfaction.
1) Paintjob, every new scratch on the car uncoats the previous yellow colour.
2) Electrical items: Even if they can fail, but failing under the supervision of the dealer is a little iffy especially since they had no reason to drive the car around with the lights on!
3)Dealer: Thats nothing, the dealer princilpal, Mr. Modi calls me on a conference call with Mr.Chirimar (Works manager, then) and says, "Aap apne aap ko kya samajhte hain? etc etc" and then says "Yogesh (Chirimar) mere Superb ka bhi to headlight kharab ho gaya tha, humne thodi warranty claim kiya"!
Apart from whatever we are doing, we should connect this to the VW Jetta Campaign. They are very loud in their advertising and am sure many ignorant people are getting swayed by them. One acquaintance of mine told me that he was going to buy a Laura but after hearing mine and other people`s experience with Skoda, he bought a Jetta!!!
When I told him that its nearly the same, and the engine is exactly the same, he was flabbergasted!
Also, I dont know if its anything to do with service, but a disproportionate number of nearly new Fabias are for sale in the classifieds here in Kolkata.