Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:58   #796
BHPian

I still cant believe my eyes as I read this post !!!

I couldnt believe my eyes, so I wrote to them :

We respect their below-mentioned decision and we believe that the offer given to you is above the standards and very customer-friendly.

We are sorry we are not able to assist you anymore in this matter.

THIS IS REALLY GETTING THE WORST OF ME. Guys , we really need to do the "PINK CHADDI" to Skoda - and really SOON.
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:59   #797
BHPian

It is really difficult to bear such harassment evo.

So what happens at the end?

How much u have paid for all nuisance?

Have you bought the new fleet of cars from other manufacturer?

If yes, then show the invoice to skoda & tell them that they have lost a few crores in trying to save few thousands.
Old 2nd April 2009, 12:59   #798
Senior - BHPian

evo

Your post is scary!!!

Imagine a dealer telling us to 'quit the arguement', and the management at the manufacturer telling you there's nothing we can do to help???

Headlamps, grilles being replaced without your permission!

This is a horror story, and with the number of such stories now coming out of the woodworks it looks like there's more and more under the surface!

I know my cousin had a really bad time with his Skoda - availability of spares, service quality, parts being replaced by the dealership etc. He finally dumped the car and bought a Honda, but I should ask him to send me the exact details so that I can post them here.

Skoda, you're unmentionable!
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:00   #799
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Evo,

I'm going to take an objective view here. Broadly, there are two issues:

1. Paint job / car delivered long after the initially promised deadline : Unfortunately, this is prevalent at many workshops (even the best of 'em). Personally, I am happy as long as the delay is not unduly long, and the end job is to my satisfaction. BUTTTTTTTTTTT my concern revolves around the fact that the paint job is showing signs of wearing and the Skoda dealer didn't do the most basic job of sanding the previous paint. What's the point of going authorised anyways then?

2. Headlamp light control : Grey area. Electronic components can fail at any time (even within a month of fitting a genuine part). The key question here is : Who is responsible if a electronic part fails (by itself) when in the dealer premises...the owner or the dealer? That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if the dealer had swapped your part with that in another car (based on so many similar experiences being quoted here).

What I find absolutely shocking though is in the unprofessional way in which they interacted with you:

1. The dealer tells you to *quit the argument*. Huh, is he a roadside kabadiwalla?

2. Skoda washes its hands off the matter and tells you to take it up with the dealer?! IS THE BRAND NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS DEALERSHIPS! WHO IS THEN? We might as well start importing cars ourselves from the grey market if the company is not held accountable for authorised dealerships. How dare they walk out of the issue, when it is a premium owner of a premium car having a problem with their supposed premier dealership?! This is NOT customer service, in fact, I am only more convinced that Skoda India is least bothered about its customers or maintaining a basic level of customer satisfaction. Even my local McDonalds, who I pay 50 bucks for a veggie burger to, gives me better service. Once had a problem and the store manager called me (for a 20 minute phone call) hearing me out, and then telling me how they will ensure a solution to the problem. He even offered me a refund (which I didn't accept). 7 days later, he calls and tells me that the solution has been implemented and his staff trained accordingly. All this in response to a simple customer feedback form filled at the McD's cash counter. Skoda's behaviour and callous handling of customer feedback / problems / concerns is sorely disappointing. Disappointing because the customer is left to fend for himself, and cannot count on support from the parent company.

Can't even begin to think of what situation we are in : A customer who spends 2.5 lakh rupees on an Alto has a dominatingly superior chance (based on probability) of getting outstanding customer service than another who spends 20 lakhs on a Laura! That's like the local vada pav guy taking better care of you than the Zodiac grille (at Taj Hotels!).

Last edited by GTO : 2nd April 2009 at 13:11.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:01   #800
Senior - BHPian

I am ASHAMED to have a Driven by TEAM-BHP sticker on my vRS.

Am going to remove it IMMEDIATELY.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:08   #801
Distinguished - BHPian

I have approached Skoda (Czech Republic) on previous occasion, asking them to intervene or help Skoda India resolve technical affairs with a customer and I have recieved this as the official reply. I quote:

We would like to advice the fact that the company SKODA AUTO INDIA Private Limited (SAIPL), Aurangabad is fully independent manufacturer as well as an exclusive importer for sales and services of Skoda vehicles on the territory of India and is entitled to resolve any customer claim within its own competence. We, as the manufacturer in the Czech Republic, are not entitled to influence the process of resolving claims in another way than by providing technical advice if it is requested by the respective importer.

Why do we punish ourselves by expecting Skoda International to jump in and save the situation. Hands are washed off quite clearly. This is an Indian problem, for Indian consumers to handle themselves.
Skoda International contents itself with revenue generation and sales performances in India.

And we're the poor sods that provide this.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:14   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Some Bangalore boys may have seen this Skoda Octavia parked on Brigade road.
I do not know the owner of this car, but his protest is pretty clear. Imagine paying 10 or 12 lacs of your hard earned money and protesting like this.

Imagine the desperation of the owner (who is probably a decent man) to have resorted to this.

Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-dsc02182_l.jpg

Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-dsc02183_l.jpg
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:15   #803
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have approached Skoda (Czech Republic) on previous occasion, asking them to intervene or help Skoda India resolve technical affairs with a customer and I have recieved this as the official reply. I quote:

We would like to advice the fact that the company SKODA AUTO INDIA Private Limited (SAIPL), Aurangabad is fully independent manufacturer as well as an exclusive importer for sales and services of Skoda vehicles on the territory of India and is entitled to resolve any customer claim within its own competence. We, as the manufacturer in the Czech Republic, are not entitled to influence the process of resolving claims in another way than by providing technical advice if it is requested by the respective importer.
This illustrates the fact that Skoda is only good at one thing i.e. Passing the buck amongst their wide network of companies, executives and dealers. And not getting any real work done at the end. In the bargain, who suffers? Yup, the unfortunate Skoda customer!

Everyone at Skoda seems to be proficient at washing their hands off customer problems and saying "Hey, its the guy next to me who is responsible. I couldn't be anymore bothered" (Translated : Take a hike!)

Quote:
and is entitled to resolve any customer claim within its own competence.
Matters are taking a hilarious turn now! Skoda India? Competent?

Last edited by GTO : 2nd April 2009 at 13:18.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:22   #804
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
@evo
Hope more and more people come out with their saga on Skoda. This proves that we just should not blame the dealership alone. You should have told the Czech guy who replied to your email to shove his czech attitude up his royal you know what. Just very very angry at their attitude.
Yes, thats true, its not just a dealer issue, but a systemwide malaise

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
evo. just the tip of the iceberg friend.

Why doesn't some enterprising journalist take the whole story up and blow the lid off this huge scam being played on the Indian public ? He will have the story of the decade. A subsidiary of Volkswagen. Wow. Imagine.

Can somebody get in touch with Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear? Can we have a Sucheta Dalal here ? Would that help ?

Navin - will surely do

All those who pm'ed me regarding next course of action -

Good work.

Start by making a dossier. Make it easy to read. Every correspondence on each page, date wise, single, easy to read. Highlight the actual conversation in color.

One page for the sms converstaions. Use a different color for the actual conversation, otherwise it might not be readable along with the other details.

Photographs if any.

Put your copy of the job card and the bills.

Keep a recorder handy for further conversations.

Any other relevant data.

Thats it. Make a soft copy and a hard copy. Send me the hard copy. Will edit it and send it back to you.
Check it ou. Lets start moving.

Godspeed

Very structured advice. Will do it this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
EVO,

That is some nightmare that you have gone thru! So, Skoda Czek do not have any control on Skoda India. Skoda India has no control on their dealers. And Skoda Dealers have no control on their employee's!

Man, what a circus!
Haha,yup, and we are paying to see the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
It is really difficult to bear such harassment evo.

So what happens at the end?

How much u have paid for all nuisance?

Have you bought the new fleet of cars from other manufacturer?

If yes, then show the invoice to skoda & tell them that they have lost a few crores in trying to save few thousands.
I didnt get the LCU changed, however weird it sounds, its my Satyagraha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
evo

Your post is scary!!!

Imagine a dealer telling us to 'quit the arguement', and the management at the manufacturer telling you there's nothing we can do to help???

Headlamps, grilles being replaced without your permission!

Skoda, you're unmentionable!
Ya, I wonder if they made any other "swaps" that I`m yet to discover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Evo,

I'm going to take an objective view here. Broadly, there are two issues:

1. Paint job / car delivered long after the initially promised deadline : Unfortunately, this is prevalent at many workshops (even the best of 'em). Personally, I am happy as long as the delay is not unduly long, and the end job is to my satisfaction. BUTTTTTTTTTTT my concern revolves around the fact that the paint job is showing signs of wearing and the Skoda dealer didn't do the most basic job of sanding the previous paint. What's the point of going authorised anyways then?

2. Headlamp light control : Grey area. Electronic components can fail at any time (even within a month of fitting a genuine part). The key question here is : Who is responsible if a electronic part fails (by itself) when in the dealer premises...the owner or the dealer? That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if the dealer had swapped your part with that in another car (based on so many similar experiences being quoted here).

What I find absolutely shocking though is in the unprofessional way in which they interacted with you:

1. The dealer tells you to quit the argument

2. Skoda washes its hands off the matter and tells you to take it up with the dealer?! IS THE BRAND NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS DEALERSHIPS! WHO IS THEN? We might as well start importing cars ourselves from the grey market if the company is not held accountable for authorised dealerships. How dare they walk out of the issue, when it is a premium owner of a premium car having a problem with their supposed premier dealership?! This is NOT customer service, in fact, I am only more convinced that Skoda India is least bothered about its customers or maintaining a basic level of customer satisfaction.
Exactly.

1) Paintjob, every new scratch on the car uncoats the previous yellow colour.

2) Electrical items: Even if they can fail, but failing under the supervision of the dealer is a little iffy especially since they had no reason to drive the car around with the lights on!

3)Dealer: Thats nothing, the dealer princilpal, Mr. Modi calls me on a conference call with Mr.Chirimar (Works manager, then) and says, "Aap apne aap ko kya samajhte hain? etc etc" and then says "Yogesh (Chirimar) mere Superb ka bhi to headlight kharab ho gaya tha, humne thodi warranty claim kiya"!

_________

Apart from whatever we are doing, we should connect this to the VW Jetta Campaign. They are very loud in their advertising and am sure many ignorant people are getting swayed by them. One acquaintance of mine told me that he was going to buy a Laura but after hearing mine and other people`s experience with Skoda, he bought a Jetta!!!

When I told him that its nearly the same, and the engine is exactly the same, he was flabbergasted!

Also, I dont know if its anything to do with service, but a disproportionate number of nearly new Fabias are for sale in the classifieds here in Kolkata.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:29   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
EVO,
So, Skoda Czek do not have any control on Skoda India. Skoda India has no control on their dealers. And Skoda Dealers have no control on their employee's!

Man, what a circus!
Thats a bare faced lie. The only conclusion that we can draw is that the rot extends all the way from the dealer to Skoda Auto HQ in Czech.

The only solution that I can for see is that this alleged Indian "Importer" of Skoda Auto cease to exist in India.

Request to Mods: Can all the S(k)oda fraud cases be clubbed in a single thread - So that we can circulate a comprehensive "its definitely not a one off case" brief to family, friends and colleagues?
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:32   #806
BHPian

This keeps getting worse, surely even the most passionate Skoda or company viewpoint defender can see a pattern emerging here. I am sure other manufacturers have their share of horror stories but surely Skoda is taking indifference and shirking responsibility once they have sold the car to new heights. The attitude is simply unacceptable, for let alone a ten lakh car even a consumer appliance.

I think those who are buying Skoda should read this thread and then make a decision, this is not a mere exception or one customer's issue, this is clearly a culture of widespread highhandedness and complete indifference to customer issues. I for one would be extremely reluctant to deal with Skoda now if I can help it.

I read in this forum about how Hyundai senior execs think Indians are too demanding, maybe and I am speculating here this presumption of Indian being too demanding is widespread among car manufacuturers and this misplaced presumption is resulting in generally bad customer service and not taking the customer's word for it. If this is true to any degree then it would be a huge concern because compared to any developed economies we are getting overpriced and underequipped cars and with bad service to boot and no effective legal or other framework to hold car manufatcurers and dealers accountable.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:35   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Can all the S(k)oda fraud cases be clubbed in a single thread - So that we can circulate a comprehensive "its definitely not a one off case" brief to family, friends and colleagues?
I thought of this, but the number of cases being reported are far too many to be useful to anyone in a single thread.

It requires a whole new section, I guess - one thread would be insufficient.

We could even name it 'BrickSkoda'.
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:41   #808
Senior - BHPian

Believe it or not, 3 more Fabias cancelled ! I might have forwarded this thread link to atleast 250 address book contacts. I can gurantee none of them will even think about a skoda ever in their life, even if things improve at a later stage ! My in-law who is trying to dispose off his ever-troubling 5 year old octavia finds no 'takers' since 3 months. I myself wanted to help him out, refered atlest 6 potential buyers, but seeing the service book and the number of times its been to the service centre, people are running away holding their dear life ! Even if he gifts it to me, I can not bear the cost of running !
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:44   #809
BHPian

Good God !

A horror story a week ? Seems like this has been going on for quite some time now.

Anyway, I can only write reams about the care my wagonR received from Apra motors in gurgaon, when I left it for repairs after a minor crash a long time back. The fender had to be painted, and thanks to the car being some obscure shade of red, the outcome was less than satisfactory; the paint did not match the original shade exactly.

I mentioned this to the service advisor, who immediately started apologising profusely, and himself offered to do the paint job again! Imagine.

I have come to expect such service, and didn't think much of it!!
Atleast till I came across this thread !!
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:46   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

I am still not able to understand, what exactly they mean?

So far I understand that the cars sold here are look-alike or imitation (or kit cars??) which have approval from ARAI(I suppose) of the actual skoda cars with the technical support of Skoda Czech.

Sorry, not to hurt any Standard car owners. The skoda cars which are sold in India are similar to the Triumph cars manufactured by standard in India as per my understanding.

So who owns the Skoda Auto India Private Limited??? Any one from Registrar of Companies verify this and tell us if it is ok to reveal the information? (I am not sure whether I am asking the right questions)

Raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 2nd April 2009 at 13:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks