Ford Fusion 1.6 13 4.28%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2005, 10:38   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
170 mm...till now has not scraped any beakers..better than my UNo for sure...but dont know abt other cars
Thanx for the info now I am happy to know that atleast Baleno is safe as far as beakers are concerened. Can anybody tell me how Baleno behave on pathhols on the roads (Gurgaon is full of pathhols these days)?
The only reason I am considering Petra or Fusion because of bad roads other wise I am very much impressed by Baleno.

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 6th August 2005 at 10:44.
Old 6th August 2005, 15:49   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
now a days people are starting to realise the power of internet

while buying our Accord I prefered to use the internet mainly because:
1. you get information directly from the company
2. you can compare two manufacturers spaces directly (from both websites)
3. you get to know which feature is missing from which car & etc
4. you don't have dealer constantly trying to tell you how their car is better than others & you get to compare them & not the salseman

so I think that it is extrememly important to have a website now a days
Adtitya, I never said that it is not good to have website and I fully agree with its usage as you pointed out. What I said is not even 20% buyers are going to check website before making their decision, and I am sure 20% is on higher side. Indian customer still goes by word of mouth publicity, bit of media hype and FE. Probably, not even 5% of Maruti 800/Indica owners have ever checked out the website before buying the car.

While talking with Fiat dealer representative, he made one very interesting comment. According to him, Fiat should have pushed heavily with discounts and should have aggresively marketed Palio, when sales figures started dropping. Had the number of cars on road exceeded critical figure of 1 Lakh, Fiat would not have needed any marketing. Word of mouth publicity would have taken care of it. This was suggested to Fiat management, but they probably slept over it. Result is there to be seen.
Old 8th August 2005, 01:38   #108
Senior - BHPian

Petra is better on big potholes....on regular uneven roads...it is almost an even contest I guess....
Old 21st August 2005, 18:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
Good for baleno.
It looks like a fine car and I somehow like its looks.
What i know about baleno is what the forum members write about it.
I will have to drive it along long stretches sometime.
Hi,

I recently did 750 km no stop in the Baleno (Mumbai Suburbs to Hyderabad)...extremely fatigue free drive....of course you have to drive the car carefuly in case of big potholes...compared to what yu will do with an innova or an SUV...

The seats are the most comfortable part...wrap around and prvide incredible support....this is coming from a person who has a slipped disc ...
Old 22nd August 2005, 00:44   #110
BHPian

Quote:
I recently did 750 km no stop in the Baleno (Mumbai Suburbs to Hyderabad)...extremely fatigue free drive....of course you have to drive the car carefuly in case of big potholes...compared to what yu will do with an innova or an SUV...

The seats are the most comfortable part...wrap around and prvide incredible support....this is coming from a person who has a slipped disc ...

Great going buffetfan.. I vouch for everything you say..

Did a trip from Delhi-Shimla-Chd in my Baleno.

Great Seats..fatigue free drive. Good pickup.. and good stability on turns ( even though i am using stock tyres and i drive like a maniac on the hills )

Got an overall mileage of 13.. With a lot of AC usage many time even on the inclines in the hills..
Old 22nd August 2005, 10:26   #111
BHPian

Bought Beleno Lxi yesterday. Below are the detail put on the car

Alloy Rs 13000
185/65/13 tyres (Apolo Acc.) Rs 400 for each total 1600 for four
JVC Music System Rs 5600
Speaker 6" 9" * 2 & 5" * 2 Rs 4000
Nippon Security System Rs 5400 (From Show Room itself)
Gear Lock Rs 2800 (From Show Room itself)
Seat Cover Rs 2200
Auto Window Roll Up Rs 1600
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:30   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase. Which colour did you go for..

Quote:
JVC Music System Rs 5600
I got a JVC too.. It was cheaper than the sony and i love the performance!

Quote:
Seat Cover Rs 2200
Which were these covers..Can you provide more details..Been looking around for seat covers..since the past few days..

BTW can someone recommend a leather cover for the Baleno Lxi steering. The stock Lxi steering is bare and becomes terribly hot when in the sun..

The Vxi comes with a leather cover factory fitted steering.

Yesterday i went to the dealer, he was offering a MGA Leather cover...for INR 500 meant for the Baleno Lxi.. BUt it was not worth it..Not even genuine leather i guess..

Last edited by imjimmy : 22nd August 2005 at 11:32.
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:54   #113
BHPian

Quote:
BTW can someone recommend a leather cover for the Baleno Lxi steering. The stock Lxi steering is bare and becomes terribly hot when in the sun..

The Vxi comes with a leather cover factory fitted steering.

Yesterday i went to the dealer, he was offering a MGA Leather cover...for INR 500 meant for the Baleno Lxi.. BUt it was not worth it..Not even genuine leather i guess..
Try out nearby stanley boutique. They do machine stitching by removing the steering column.
Old 22nd August 2005, 11:56   #114
BHPian

Color = Silky silver
Seat Cover = This is regular one, but I checked for leather also costing about 18K (out of budget), if u are around BICAJI KAMA PLACE u must be knowking Palika market u can check it there I have all the work done from there only. This is a big car acc market.
Leather steering cover = I have checked with the dealer (CAR ACCESORIES, ask for shop keeper ANKUSH) and he told me that he can do the same work as done in Baleno VXi but it requires atleast 3 hours, so your call.

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 22nd August 2005 at 12:01.
Old 22nd August 2005, 13:34   #115
BHPian

hey vivek_pinkoo

thanks for the info it's very helpful..

Quote:
Leather steering cover = I have checked with the dealer (CAR ACCESORIES, ask for shop keeper ANKUSH) and he told me that he can do the same work as done in Baleno VXi but it requires atleast 3 hours, so your call.

Where is this dealer guy - Ankur located. Can you give me the place/location or any contact number of his..Does he also stock steering covers or will those have to be obtained from the dealer.
Old 22nd August 2005, 17:38   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo
Pardon me for my ignorance but what is Auto Window Roll up ??
Old 23rd August 2005, 13:25   #117
BHPian

no prob, let me tell (I even did not know) suppose u lock the vehicle through remote and if any window glass (any of four) is open then this device will enable all the glass window roll-up automatic. This is a kind of security u are adding to your car.
Old 23rd August 2005, 16:55   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo

Alloy Rs 13000
185/65/13 tyres (Apolo Acc.) Rs 400 for each total 1600 for four
JVC Music System Rs 5600
Speaker 6" 9" * 2 & 5" * 2 Rs 4000
Nippon Security System Rs 5400 (From Show Room itself)
Gear Lock Rs 2800 (From Show Room itself)
Seat Cover Rs 2200
Vivek,
you should have gone for 185/70 R 13 tyres..that is the correct upsize..these tyres 185/65 R 13 will reduce your gorund clearance by about 9 mm and will give you a slighly harsher ride...
Old 23rd August 2005, 17:38   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Vivek,
you should have gone for 185/70 R 13 tyres..that is the correct upsize..these tyres 185/65 R 13 will reduce your gorund clearance by about 9 mm and will give you a slighly harsher ride...
Thats what I asked dealer also but he told that Apollo does not have that rating and told me that there should be any problem since he put lots of tyre with same rating. Any way in three days I have not faced any problem regarding GC. Let me see how it performs in the future.
Old 23rd August 2005, 23:32   #120
Senior - BHPian

Yes...I had a Uno with a 150 mm GC...the Baleno has 170mm+ so even with the new tyres it will be 161 mm...good enuf considering the mercs come with 130 mm type GC
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks