Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 13:51   #46
BANNED

re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Better you drive your Civic with TN plates itself.
If you don't jump a traffic signal/park at no parking zone, the chances of getting caught are less. Also, check with Bangalore traffic police website and pay if there any pending tickets on your car.
It is highly likely that I might jump a signal or park in no parking zone.. I am new to b'lore driving..
Old 8th December 2011, 14:02   #47
BHPian

Swageo,
There are 2 ways of dealing with this.
1. Get the car registered in KA and live happily in Blr for ever after.

2. Make sure you pay a visit to TN/Chennai once in 6 months to get some tollbooth tickets and a PUC done.

I have noticed that of late (past couple of weeks), the cops in Blr have been very active in catching Non KA vehicles.So, unless you have these docs and say that u were here only for a visit, you can look forward to paying a nice sum as fines.

See, if the great human mind can think of ways to evade, those same genes will also find ways to call the bluff. Since we are not dealing with lesser mortals here rather a professional who does this day in & day out (Cops I mean), its better to use those loopholes.i.e. tollbooth tickets & PUC Certs.
NOC is only valid for 6months so its as good as the PUC route.
Old 8th December 2011, 14:05   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Help me guys...
Either re-register or buy another one at Bangalore. TN plates will always attract unwanted attention.

Read my experience here;

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...botpyp-k1vayaw
Old 8th December 2011, 14:18   #49
BANNED

My question was on whether to re-reg or sell, given the age/mileage of the car..

I have no intention of running TN reg car in blore.. Got so many other headache on daily life, and don't want to add another one to it
Old 8th December 2011, 15:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

I would just pay the tax and not re-register, due to the hit it will take at the time of re-sale. When it is time to sell, I will just bring it back here for that.

As compared to the Rs 1.4 Lakhs, what will be the hit if you sell here and buy a similar model at Bangalore?
Old 8th December 2011, 15:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
As compared to the Rs 1.4 Lakhs, what will be the hit if you sell here and buy a similar model at Bangalore?
Used car rates in Bangalore are too high compared to TN and his Civic is too young. Better to bring the car here.
Old 8th December 2011, 15:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is highly likely that I might jump a signal or park in no parking zone.. I am new to b'lore driving..

swageo,

if your shift to bangalore is permanent and would not relocate to any other state, i would suggest you to re-register the same, but please note that it is a pain in the neck, even if you pay bribe.

If you stay will be for shorter periods, maybe one year or little more, keep making trips to Chennai / vellore, once in 5 months at the very least. If you eat Non-Veg food, make a vaniyambadi briyani trip and keep toll receipt from Vaniyambadi, K'giri and Hosur.
Old 8th December 2011, 15:42   #53
BANNED

I will be there at Bangalore for atleast next 3 or 4 years..

I saw mixed responses in terms of "pain" in doing re-reg.. i.e without paying bribe..
Old 8th December 2011, 16:03   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I saw mixed responses in terms of "pain" in doing re-reg.. i.e without paying bribe..
My friend, a Gandhian, who never bribe went through all the formalities and paid tax after struggling for few months. So, its possible, if you are ready to take the pain
Old 8th December 2011, 16:17   #55
BANNED

Quote:
My friend, a Gandhian, who never bribe went through all the formalities and paid tax after struggling for few months. So, its possible, if you are ready to take the pain
Could you elaborate the struggles your friend had to go through.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:33   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you elaborate the struggles your friend had to go through.
It took nearly one year for him to pay the tax without paying bribe.

Every time he visited, they asked him to fill one or two forms. They didn't tell him what all the required forms in one shot. During his last visit, they even sent him back asking him to bring all forms in a folder!!

If you wish to do, take a Kannada speaking person along with and clearly understand all the forms in one shot and submit. Thats all, they can not delay.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I wish Gen Khanduri's initiative of making it possible ....
I had started a thread - Case for All India Registration sometime ago on this.
I perfectly agree. These days with a lot of IT/BPO and other private companies having branches across India, their employees need to move on short or long term basis. They could introduce a small administrative fee for crediting/debiting the money across the borders and employing staff. I shuttle between Hyd and Chennai with no long term plans to settle in Hyd. In order that I dont get victimised, I have taken a small car here in hyd. Lets see if the Government thinks on those lines, like the One India Intended for mobiles.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
This info may help you. I shifted my bike from b''lore to chennai in 2006 and i paid 7000/- as bribe. I got my job done in one year.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:49   #59
BANNED

Quote:
It took nearly one year for him to pay the tax without paying bribe.

Every time he visited, they asked him to fill one or two forms. They didn't tell him what all the required forms in one shot. During his last visit, they even sent him back asking him to bring all forms in a folder!!

If you wish to do, take a Kannada speaking person along with and clearly understand all the forms in one shot and submit. Thats all, they can not delay.
The list I got from KA RTO web is as follows.. Will also try to find an agent who is reasonable and credible.. Don't want to endup paying bribe and getting this done in an year

>>>

The vehicle owner shall produce the following :

1. No Objection Certificate (NOC) in form CMV 28 or postal acknowledgement for having sent application for issue of no objection certificate to the concerned registering authority.

2. Application form CMV 27.

3. Registration certificate (RC Book)

4. Tax Card.

5. Insurance certificate.

6. Consent of the Financier.

7. Pollution Under Control Certificate.

8. Prescribed fees and difference of tax if any.

All the related applications shall be filed before the Registering Authority and Vehicle shall be produced for inspection in the premises of the R.T.O. in case it is not inspected earlier.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:50   #60
BHPian

Technically the traffic police only stops you if you violate a traffic rule. It is only the RTO guys who pick you for not paying the road tax. So as mentioned above, if you stick to traffic rules that should be safe. If you are planning to relocate completely and not go back to TN makes sense to re-register.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks