Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 09:59   #76
BANNED

re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It will definitely have the vehicle's current registration number, in case you do not plan on re-registering it in the new state.
Don't you have to show invoice for paying tax, even if you are not re-registering ?

Also, is it possible to pay on yearly basis, rather than 15yrs...
Old 10th December 2011, 10:28   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Don't you have to show invoice for paying tax, even if you are not re-registering ?

Also, is it possible to pay on yearly basis, rather than 15yrs...
Yes, Invoice is required to calculate the road tax. If you don't have the invoice, then RTO will calculate the road tax based on a default amount for your model of vehicle.

There is no option to pay the road tax yearly. But I think central government employees can pay annually.
Old 10th December 2011, 10:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
mjothi, thanks for this information, I will try this. But, I stay in bannerghatta road and was told that bannerghatta road comes under Jayanager RTO and I can pay the road tax there only. Is this true or can i approach Indira nagar RTO also?
Please double check (unless you already have, that is). Bannerghatta Road is split between Jayanagar RTO and Electronics City RTO. Are the cars around your house/apartment, which are registered at home address, KA05 or KA51?
Old 10th December 2011, 10:50   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Please double check (unless you already have, that is). Bannerghatta Road is split between Jayanagar RTO and Electronics City RTO. Are the cars around your house/apartment, which are registered at home address, KA05 or KA51?
My car is KA05 :-)
But as per RTO(Transport Department), beyond meenakshi temple comes under Electronic City(My address is beyond meenakshi temple). So, not sure how the car was registered with KA05. May be I will give a shot at Electronic City office once to pay the road tax for my two wheeler.
Old 13th December 2011, 15:58   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
It will definitely have the vehicle's current registration number, in case you do not plan on re-registering it in the new state.
Ben - is this a lifetime tax or is it to be re-paid anually.

I mean if i pay whatever the tax-amount is, can i use the vehicle in karnataka for an unlimited period of time? Would this token help me to avoid fines if stopped by authorities as a part of usual checks (Assume i have all other papers in order).
Old 13th December 2011, 21:03   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Ben - is this a lifetime tax or is it to be re-paid anually.

I mean if i pay whatever the tax-amount is, can i use the vehicle in karnataka for an unlimited period of time? Would this token help me to avoid fines if stopped by authorities as a part of usual checks (Assume i have all other papers in order).
It is the lifetime tax in KA. You need to get KA registration after 11 months (or is it 1 year?)
Old 13th December 2011, 22:25   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is the lifetime tax in KA. You need to get KA registration after 11 months (or is it 1 year?)
Oh Really !!

I thought we could drive lifetime with the road tax paid. If the road tax is valid for one year only, it makes more sense to register the car in the destination state rather than pay tax for just one year.

I mean if i am moving to bangalore for one year or 1.5 years, and my parent state is AP,TN,Goa or Maharashtra, it makes sense to drive down to my parent state once in 6 months, get fuel receipt, toll receipts and come back.

If i have a chennai registered car, i could go to Vellore and come back and still show toll receipts from Vellore-Bangalore. Vellore Toll receipts would prove that i was in TN only.
Old 19th December 2011, 19:02   #83
BHPian

All PUC centres in Karnataka now use an online tool to issue PUC certificate. So the RTO is notified the moment a vehicle takes a PUC test. That means if you own an out of state vehicle and you do 2 PUC tests in Karantaka, that will hold as valid proof for the RTO to issue you a notice to pay the Karnataka road tax since you have stayed over 12 months.
Old 8th May 2013, 08:43   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Buying a bike in Bangalore ~ Registration in Chennai

So here it is:

For reasons that cannot be explained, I *might* pick up a motorbike right out of a showroom in Bangalore, but would rather have the bike registered in Chennai.

How do I go about this? Would showrooms agree? Do I do a temp registration here and ride the bike down to Chennai and have it registered? Problems? Is it straightforward?
Old 9th May 2013, 18:24   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying a bike in Bangalore ~ Registration in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
So here it is:

For reasons that cannot be explained, I *might* pick up a motorbike right out of a showroom in Bangalore, but would rather have the bike registered in Chennai.

How do I go about this? Would showrooms agree? Do I do a temp registration here and ride the bike down to Chennai and have it registered? Problems? Is it straightforward?
Anyone help me with this? I just plan to get the bike out of a showroom in Bangalore but would like to "immediately" register it in Chennai.
Old 9th May 2013, 19:55   #86
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone help me with this? I just plan to get the bike out of a showroom in Bangalore but would like to "immediately" register it in Chennai.
I think the procedure you stated is right. Thats how it was done before 10 years for my cousin's car taken in chennai showroom but registered in bangalore. Took a temp registration in chennai and registered in BNG with address proof. Straight forward.

You better check with showroom guys or with a broker or some dealers/mechanics. They should be able to help you.

Last edited by ganesc : 9th May 2013 at 19:57.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 19:58   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
I think the procedure you stated is right. Thats how it was done before 10 years for my cousin's car taken in chennai showroom but registered in bangalore. Took a temp registration in chennai and registered in BNG with address proof. Straight forward.

You better check with showroom guys or with a broker or some dealers/mechanics. They should be able to help you.
Perfect, thanks! Let me put a word out and check this factually as well.
Old 9th May 2013, 20:26   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you will have to pay an entry tax in tamilnadu when you do this. IIRC it is around 13% which will be a significant amount. I'd suggest you get the bike in Chennai and avoid the hassle.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 21:24   #89
BANNED

Quote:
So here it is:

What is the vehicle you plan to buy in bangy ? Procedure is right but may have t he answer the RTO on why it is done so.(his mouth can be shut by putting some 500Rs note into it)

Anyways take a 2nd opinion from the list of these guyshttp://www.justdial.com/Chennai/RTO-...ants/ct-694749
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 22:04   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I think you will have to pay an entry tax in tamilnadu when you do this. IIRC it is around 13% which will be a significant amount. I'd suggest you get the bike in Chennai and avoid the hassle.
Entry tax? Why would I need to pay an entry tax on a vehicle that is running road legal temp plates and will be registered in TN anyway? ex-showroom price does not differ state-to-state in this case, its just the road tax. So why an "entry-tax" for a private vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
What is the vehicle you plan to buy in bangy ? Procedure is right but may have t he answer the RTO on why it is done so.(his mouth can be shut by putting some 500Rs note into it)

Anyways take a 2nd opinion from the list of these guyshttp://www.justdial.com/Chennai/RTO-...ants/ct-694749
Its a motorbike, and I think I'll go ahead and check with a few folks. It is quite stupid, come to think of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks