Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 22:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Entry tax? Why would I need to pay an entry tax on a vehicle that is running road legal temp plates and will be registered in TN anyway? ex-showroom price does not differ state-to-state in this case, its just the road tax. So why an "entry-tax" for a private vehicle?
Because the vehicle has not been purchased in TN, because of which TN loses out on other taxes like VAT, etc on the sale. I think Kerala has abolished this entry tax thing, but KA & TN have it.

Entry tax is applicable even in cases where a person wants to change the registration from one state to the other within 18 months of purchase of the vehicle.

Anyway do check with some agents and let us know. I could be wrong.
Old 9th May 2013, 22:28   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chennai / TN Registered vehicle in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Because the vehicle has not been purchased in TN, because of which TN loses out on other taxes like VAT, etc on the sale. I think Kerala has abolished this entry tax thing, but KA & TN have it.

Entry tax is applicable even in cases where a person wants to change the registration from one state to the other within 18 months of purchase of the vehicle.

Anyway do check with some agents and let us know. I could be wrong.
Jesus christ! Wonder when this country is going to move to a single tax/single nation set up. Moving across state is like moving to another country (almost!).
Old 27th November 2013, 12:51   #93
BHPian

Hi guys.

I have a similar situation here. I will be shifting from Chennai to Bangalore by the middle of December. I have a swift that I bought here in Chennai in July 2012. My question is, how easy or difficult is it to drive a TN registered car in Bangalore? I do not want to go through the hassle of re-registering the car, as I am unsure of how long I will be in Bangalore - though it will be for a couple of years at least. Selling the car is my last option, if nothing else works out.

Note: I have a couple of friends who drive out-station cars (MH, TN), and they have never been stopped by the police there. One of them has been driving for over a year there, and the other shifted a few months back. These could however be one-off cases I guess.

Suggestions??
Old 27th November 2013, 16:01   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyDeewar View Post
I have a couple of friends who drive out-station cars (MH, TN), and they have never been stopped by the police there. One of them has been driving for over a year there, and the other shifted a few months back. These could however be one-off cases I guess.

Suggestions??
Once in a while the RTO guys here check for other state vehicles and challan with Road Tax + Fine. So, its will be kind of testing your luck.

(OR) You can do some trips to chennai and keep the toll receipts in hand to prove that you travel between bangalore and chennai frequently.

You can also refer to the below thread,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...rnataka-5.html
Old 27th December 2013, 18:12   #95
BHPian

Sorry if this is being asked again.. but please advise.

I have a TN registered scooty (2008) in excellent condition.
How do I bring it to Bangalore and use it. Need details about NOC, Road tax, what to do , what not to do etc.

I know.. selling it off and getting the same vehicle with KA number will be a better option but I may not be in Bangalore for the time which makes the selling option beneficial.
Old 4th December 2017, 21:58   #96
BHPian

Query: A freind of mine (in Kolkata) is selling his Car. What is the process involved if I want to buy it?

Do I have to apply for a re-registration at Kolkata (I don't have address proof in Kolkata)? Or can I directly obtain the NOC (Form-28), Police report from host state, Invoices, etc. and drive down to Bangalore RTO and get the registration and ownership transfer here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks