Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 20:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Tend to agree with both your statements. And I dont see how anybody can disagree with that.
Thanks, rrsteer. I almost had concluded that I was alone with that preference!
Old 31st May 2009, 20:32   #62
BHPian

PDI Checklist

Hey vivek,

Carry a print out of this file.
PDI - excel.xls

I have made it from the T-BHP PDI list and is easily printable. Hope it helps.
Old 31st May 2009, 21:19   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Hey vivek,

Carry a print out of this file.
Attachment 142582

I have made it from the T-BHP PDI list and is easily printable. Hope it helps.
Thank you so much, infact I just downloaded today so as to be ready for the coming week and another interesting encounter with the dealer/TML.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong !

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 31st May 2009 at 21:26.
Old 31st May 2009, 21:30   #64
BHPian

Be cool man.Nothing will go wrong.

So you wll be seing her on the coming week who could "reclaim your life".Great and hope everything goes on as expected.
Old 1st June 2009, 08:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

let him claim his ride first, then we can think of reclaiming it from the service centers
Old 1st June 2009, 09:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

I am sure all this cat-mouse chase will be worth doing, once you get you beast.
Old 1st June 2009, 09:24   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
let him claim his ride first, then we can think of reclaiming it from the service centers
Now thats wicked !
Don't worry I got a Safari GX on the 14th of last month and have not had any problems at all. She is due for the 1st service soon and I am already having a blast.

So just go ahead and enjoy your ride
Old 1st June 2009, 11:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

I checked this thread now, when all water has cooled off, good to see that things are sorted out. Good for Tata, I always believed that sales would be important for all dealers/salesguys in todays tough times, but was sad to see them doing everything to lose the customer. They got the customer back just because of the product.

Win Win situation for both, around 5 days for delivery, we are waiting for pics, (they can be clicked during PRI as well)
Old 1st June 2009, 15:58   #69
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Vivek,

Don't worry too much about the PDI check , let me tell you one thing the actual purpose of PDI is that the employees at the dealership become more sensitive and aware that you are knowledgeable customer so do their work diligently.
So even if you do not know an iota about a perticular thing in that long PDI list just pretend that you know and ask some questions to the guy in yard to keep them on the toes.
The most important thing out of that PDI list is to check the VIN number and find date of manufacturing.

Quote:
The base safari is over a lakh cheaper than the base innova - a significant difference for a friend of mine who was eyeing the safari, and I was trying to persuade him to get the innova.

Eventually the new scorpio range was launched, and he went and booked one of them

PS: I have no intention of starting/making a comparison between these vehicles. Just stating something that happened
@greenhorn if you don't compare how would you know that base Innova that is E model is more then 1 lakh cheaper because it does not have power windows , AC , electric OVRM and host of other features which are taken for granted in a vehicles in this price segment and fit only for people mover segment for ferrying 9 person.

About drivability of 2WD and Innova beating the crap out of Safari and Scorpio.

Well white color yellow board Innova E with a loud horn and 110/90 headlights with an impatient driver is my pet peeve and I can't describe the perverse pleasure I get seeing Innovas and other mammoth vehicles struggling and drivers fiddling with gears to climb that sudden 8 inch hump across the road in crowling traffic or negotiate that 1 feet deep crator before and after an 8 inch high speed breaker so common on Bangalore roads at < 10 kmph while I go smoothly in my 2WD safari.

Quote:
That is wicked but exactly 2 4X4 have done that kind of recliaming on this board atleast they do let reclaim easily if need be so.
Old 1st June 2009, 16:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

Good to see you stuck to the original choice despite a bad dealer experience. Congratulations!

Met a 10-day old owner of a Red Safari GX with niggles already (suspension noises / malfunctioning stereo etc) at the ASC yesterday. Another reason to be VERY careful with PDI.

(P.S. That was not meant to discourage you)
Old 1st June 2009, 20:46   #71
BHPian

Be cool Guys!

Hey Vivek...
Be cool about all this dude! Don't get overtly worried.

I was extremely anxious about the PDI. But, not a single point came wrong on that HUGE PDI list. And, I have the car for one month now, done about 3000KM. No niggles yet.

It's a good car man!

Sales people and their lack of professionalism will be of any bother only till you get your car.
After that its you and the Safari which I am sure will make a rocking combination.
About service, well we have a number of Safari Owners from NCR region in this forum who are always ready to help out.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:30   #72
BHPian

Helping hand for PDI

Hey guys, just an IDEA... why do we not form groups to help out wanna be new owners of the SAFARI with the PDI(include me as a wannabe too) That way we newbies can get a lot from your experience, and at the same time we can ensure that all of us get better service from TATA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Hey Vivek...
Be cool about all this dude! Don't get overtly worried.

I was extremely anxious about the PDI. But, not a single point came wrong on that HUGE PDI list. And, I have the car for one month now, done about 3000KM. No niggles yet.

It's a good car man!

Sales people and their lack of professionalism will be of any bother only till you get your car.
After that its you and the Safari which I am sure will make a rocking combination.
About service, well we have a number of Safari Owners from NCR region in this forum who are always ready to help out.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:16   #73
BHPian

Wonderful idea Anand, we would be able to do more then share the stories on TEAM-BHP
Old 6th June 2009, 17:44   #74
BHPian

Did a quick check today as the vehicle has reached workshop, some pics attached. Will get the delivery on Monday.

Thanks

Vivek
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-06062009487.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-06062009488.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-06062009489.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-06062009490.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-06062009491.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-06062009492.jpg  

Old 6th June 2009, 17:50   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Did a quick check today as the vehicle has reached workshop, some pics attached.
Congratulations.

Beautiful.

Enjoy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks