Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 23:23   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
not when there are better things (read innova) available at same price & lesser time.
Oh i mis-spelt it, if Innova and other MUV's are better things/good things,

Safari falls in "THE BESTOF THINGS" category

Let me re-phrase what i said.

Vivek" The Best of Things do take time" be patient.

Nice to know your greviance is heard and problems sorted.

Best of luck buddy, Go reclaim your life.

P.S= DONOT Forget to post the pics on the Original Safari Thread.
Old 31st May 2009, 01:11   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Christ Pavan, The innova as against a 2wd Safari will beat the Safari and the Scorp 2wd hollow as far as comfort, driveability, and service attention is concerned. If anyone says otherwise they ought to have their head and the heads of their respective forefarthers exhumed and examined. Why on earth else would every taxi on the roads of this country be an Innova? Its the best 2wd general all purpose family car money can buy. Period. And I own a mHawk Scorpio and I find the Safari very enticing. So there!

If you or I did not have the ego the size of our heads, we would all be happily driving innovas - with kimonos to boot. But alas, we are *a disco dancer!*.
Old 31st May 2009, 09:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
what do I need to do if I get into such situations?
I believe you are already in such a situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Christ Pavan, The innova as against a 2wd Safari will beat the Safari and the Scorp 2wd hollow as far as comfort, driveability, and service attention is concerned.
If you or I did not have the ego the size of our heads, we would all be happily driving innovas - with kimonos to boot. But alas, we are *a disco dancer!*.
Agreed( except that you forgot about the cost differential)

But otherwise , quite true, right up to the bit about the disco dancer - *WAKAO*
Old 31st May 2009, 09:43   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Quote:
Christ Pavan,

I am quoting what i said. I never said Innova or Scorp is bad.

Its my own opinion, and i feel in a fair forum, each his own

Lets not get into too much of head activity here.

Mr Vivek, any update on the delivery date/color/variant.
Old 31st May 2009, 10:31   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Safari falls in "THE BESTOF THINGS" category
you dont really mean that, do you?
its not good always being biased buddy, my humble opinion.

what i meant in my earlier post was- TATA can really afford to act smart like this when there are more choices available in the market at the same price & lesser waiting time. especially, when their sales are all time low.

Quote:
Christ Pavan, The innova as against a 2wd Safari will beat the Safari and the Scorp 2wd hollow as far as comfort, driveability, and service attention is concerned. If anyone says otherwise they ought to have their head and the heads of their respective forefarthers exhumed and examined. Why on earth else would every taxi on the roads of this country be an Innova? Its the best 2wd general all purpose family car money can buy. Period. And I own a mHawk Scorpio and I find the Safari very enticing. So there!
even i agree red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Agreed( except that you forgot about the cost differential)
what cost difference? they are in the same price range.
Old 31st May 2009, 10:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
what cost difference? they are in the same price range.
The base safari is over a lakh cheaper than the base innova - a significant difference for a friend of mine who was eyeing the safari, and I was trying to persuade him to get the innova.

Eventually the new scorpio range was launched, and he went and booked one of them

PS: I have no intention of starting/making a comparison between these vehicles. Just stating something that happened
Old 31st May 2009, 10:45   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
vivek.singh.73 : Pls. tell me trick as well, what do I need to do if I get into such situations?
@Vivek, irrespective of other situations : pls do not fail doing one thing Now : Insist on doing a complete Pre-Registration Check of your Safari before it gets Registered.

Also Keep those notes & do a PDI also.

Congrats ! Wishing you a safe, happy ownership.

Go, burn rubber !
Old 31st May 2009, 10:55   #53
BHPian

Update 4

The delivery is on 6th of June, and color chosen is black+ earth color combo and variant is GX.

How do I ensure that I am able to carry out pre-registration checks, before the vehicle is registered. Do I need to drop a word to the vendor? I was thinking the checks are pre-delivery checks.

Thanks

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 31st May 2009 at 11:08.
Old 31st May 2009, 10:59   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Take the PDI checklist & check it completely - Before the vehicle is sent for registration. Just tell the dealer about it. If he whines, tell Tata Motors about it.

I said pre-registration, because if there is any problem, you cant reject it after registration. Also, do both PRI & PDI in broad daylight. Take a day off if required. And if you do a complete PRI, then PDI can be brief ..

Btw, if it helps : here dealers dont always take the cars to RTO for registration. Only papers are sent.

Last edited by condor : 31st May 2009 at 11:01.
Old 31st May 2009, 11:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update 4

The delivery is on 6th of June, and color chosen is black+ earth color combo and variant is GX.

How do I ensure that I am able to carry out pre-registration checks, before the vehicle is registered. Do I need to drop a word to the vendor? I was thinking the checks are pre-delivery checks.

Thanks
Congrats. And good to know that TML is still listening to its customers and continues to do so.
To do a Tbhp PDI you can take a print out and visit the vendor yard and PDI the vehicle yourself before it goes in for registration. For this you will need to inform the vendor and coordinate with them to visit their yard to inspect the vehicle.
Goodluck. Hope to see your pics soon.
Cheers,
J
Old 31st May 2009, 12:28   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Do the PDI like your life depends on it...and if you dont do a good job, that certainly will be the case. Dont worry about taking a few hours - I did. And told the dealer to go to hell when he tried hurrying me.
Old 31st May 2009, 12:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do the PDI like your life depends on it...and if you dont do a good job, that certainly will be the case. Dont worry about taking a few hours - I did. And told the dealer to go to hell when he tried hurrying me.
I didnt do the PDI for lack of time. Certainly my ' life didnt depend on it'.
I had a few issues later which were promptly addresssed by TML.

But hey, if you can do it, its surely a very good thing. The dealer will certainly cooperate, else you may not register the vehicle.
Old 31st May 2009, 13:24   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hi Red Liner,

Quote:
The innova as against a 2wd Safari will beat the Safari and the Scorp 2wd hollow as far as comfort, driveability, and service attention is concerned. If anyone says otherwise they ought to have their head and the heads of their respective forefarthers exhumed and examined.
With each individual having his own parameters for judging a vehicle, there is no 'perfect' vehicle. If I have to do literally what you mention above, then there are two families involved and the biggest difficulty is that all of them are cremated.

We are a 3 member family. We had a first generation (August 1998 manufactured, registered November 1999) Safari until July 2005 We had a nice relationship and 76000kms with it.

We replaced it with a top end Innova V diesel in June 2005. Two years and 26211kms down the line, we sold it.

The long distance journeys were much more comfortable for us in the Safari than in the Innova.

Since our days of travelling as a 5 plus group ended, we shifted to a sedan from a MPV / SUV.

For records, the Safari is best as a 5 seater.

All my vehicles that I have bought so far, I see them when I take delivery.

Last edited by trrk : 31st May 2009 at 13:37.
Old 31st May 2009, 13:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update 4

Thanks
Hearty Congratulations buddy...
Old 31st May 2009, 15:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post

The long distance journeys were much more comfortable for us in the Safari than in the Innova.

For records, the Safari is best as a 5 seater.
Tend to agree with both your statements. And I dont see how anybody can disagree with that.

Vivek, congratulations. Waiting to see how your colour combo looks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks