Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2009, 15:04   #16

Wow! You are really getting very flustered over a 2 week waiting period for the Safari. I would strongly recommend NOT changing your product decision based on the behaviour of the dealer. Decide between the Innova and Safari first, and then if one dealer for a particular brand is not satisfactory, you can always be able to find other dealers for the product. But changing your entire product decision just because a particular dealer's sales team isnt upto scratch is not a smart strategy, IMHO.

I picked up my Safari from A-One in Barakhamba Road, and as far as the sales expericence was concerned, they were pretty decent. You can talk to Sandeep Pant or Puneet Bhatia over there.
Old 26th May 2009, 15:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Or you can speak to Suman. He might be of great help while dealing with NCR Tata dealers.
I would go with below (the Noida one is pretty "famous" anyway)
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Try Autolinks at Hauz Khas
Asejwal had a pleasant experience with Sanya Motors also. But the issue, I suspect could also be the cheque itself as pointed out already........
Old 26th May 2009, 15:30   #18
BHPian

YOU have already decided as to which vehicle you should buy .
So what is the problem in waiting for a few more days?

May be this is all for your good. They may check/inspect the vehicle a little more time , and correct all nagging,small problems before the delivery of the vehicle.
Old 26th May 2009, 16:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi!

I agree with everyone. When you have shortlisted the Safari, do wait for her. 2 weeks is nothing compared to 6 months (as in case of those who went for the Swift/Dzire).

As they say, "patience is virtue".

Enjoy your beast when it arrives.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:33   #20
Team-BHP Support

Is the famous noida dealer Automobile Sterling...?
If so you have to wait. Even for service or repair you have to wait for atleast 30 minutes before the SA comes to you.
Old 26th May 2009, 20:03   #21
BHPian

Thank you all for sharing your perspective..an update.

My problem was not with the choice of Safari but overall support and serviceability from TATA. I am prepared for some small niggles here and there - TATA specialty but not mental torture/frustration that comes from being completely helpless.

The problem is that I requested for booking the vehicle on 1st May and was told that it has been booked. I offered to give booking amount for which I was told sir not required. It just so happened that it took longer then required for my company to process the request and get the cheque ready in all this while I was in touch with Sterling guy and I was told new vehicle has been indented and was expected last friday..so it was shocker when I heard that they haven't done that so far, and will do now.

Hence I went to drawing board and whether it is a right choice to remain with Tata stable, I like the vehicle but not prepared for disaster and spending time sending emails/calling ppl all the time. Even now..I am prepared to wait but still do know how long do I need to wait ! Another dampner is that since it would company owned vehicle.. I would have to get this cheque canceled and get another one issued i.e if I choose another dealer, it may be better to go for Toyota and chuck all these apprehensions and live with whats possible with 12 lakh of rupees.

Surprise-2 I just rcvd a call from Tata regional manager - Gurgaon, he plans to see me tomorrow and present how they intend to remediate the problem..so finger crossed ! More tomorrow...

Thanks

Vivek
Old 26th May 2009, 21:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

hi buddy, in any indian automotive forum, you will find many who will recommend you an innova. i dont blame them, its a real good MUV.

but since, your heart has initially settled for the safari, why change your mind for such a petty reason? maybe the wait could be well worth it.

or if the real reason is that you are worried about suffering with the T.A.S.S, then yes, go for the innova. nothing comes close to toyota for the customer satisfaction they offer. but i suggest you should not cancel your booking JUST because of the dealer's foolishness.
Old 27th May 2009, 20:24   #23
BHPian

Update-2

1. Tata regional office did not call and neither picked up my calls. No one turned up for any meeting.

2. One guy called from the dealership, asking whether I need the vehicle or not? It has been indented and that we do monthly booking only, and vehicle is in transit..! Period.

My take on it - its completely crap this monthly booking thing. If this is the attitude of tata to totally reasonable customer - just wanted to know the delivery period a month in advance, ready to booking amount. This is how these guys respond, I wonder how will they respond if I have any service issue - of which I have complete track record - they are as horrible as one can be and there doesn't seem to be any improvement at all.

I can only say - Thank you tata - shame on you ! I don't need a vehicle for which I need to dedicate/reserve 25% of my time in chasing your so Helpful staff - pun intended.

No safari for me - I am getting the cheque cancelled tomorrow..such a waste of time and energy..if only I had better sense upfront.

Suggestion to all - try tata vehicle only when you can spare someone to spend their time chasing their ppl otherwise just chuck it. The culture they have built in the organization for so long is not going to change anytime soon..after its all abt people !

I can only sum up my expereince saying - what a waste of time, no point blaming TATA, I knew how they have been and still I took a chance.

Bye for now..thanks for your suggestions, I will go Innova route now ! Same cycle again for me..get performa invoice first ..blah-2
Old 27th May 2009, 20:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

sad to hear that vivek. tata is acting as if the safari is breaking all sorts of sales records.
anyways, i am sure you will have a happy time with your innova.
Old 27th May 2009, 20:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your decision of buying a toyota inoova.

And you knew already Thats how TATA is, still took a chance, still if you had taken this chance, then you would have been a bit smart.

you would have asked the dealer to show you proof of vehicle being booked by them, there is some number associated with the vehicle too so that you could track the vehicle.

Every dealer irrespective of car manufacturer does that i.e. booking a whole lot of vehicles so that they dont have to pay extra transit.

And yes its seems the easiest of the choices TO BLAME TATA

even if some dealer is playing games with you, its TATA's fault

give TATA a break guys.

hope your Innova buying experience goes well, though driving experience can never be same as of Safari, i'm sure.

Cheers
Old 27th May 2009, 20:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
And yes its seems the easiest of the choices TO BLAME TATA

give TATA a break guys.
its the same with every other manufacturer buddy, including toyota. toyota's A.S.S is good because toyota strives towards customer satisfaction. its not just the dealers, the company has a big hand in this. they should see to it that their customers get treated well.

when we like innova's A.S.S, we praise toyota, not madhuban or shinrai (their dealerships). so if we can praise the company, why cant we criticize it?
Old 27th May 2009, 21:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Its very sad of TATA for giving such a service to coming customer. Disgusting.
I no more support Tata for your purchase. And try all other options before fixing new choice. Why not Scorpio?
Old 27th May 2009, 21:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
...Bye for now..thanks for your suggestions, I will go Innova route now ! Same cycle again for me..get performa invoice first ..blah-2
Congrats on the decision, Vivek!

TATA's loss, Toyota's gain! And the best part is that you are actually doing away with a lot of initial niggles and issues that are given FOC with the Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
... tata is acting as if the safari is breaking all sorts of sales records.
anyways, i am sure you will have a happy time with your innova.
That is what is the worst thing about the whole fiasco! With such limited sales, they act as if their factories are running 24x7 to meet the demand. I am sure that they are not setting any sales charts on fire.

Quote:
...And yes its seems the easiest of the choices TO BLAME TATA... give TATA a break guys...
SS,
Come on! If the parent is not right, how can you expect the child to be proper???

If TATA is ensuring that their (THEIR) dealers treat their (THEIR) customers properly, will any of this take place? And note that we are not going to buy the dealers product, but TATA's product!

So TATA has to owe up the responsibility.

Your argument seems to the line that Skoda thinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
...when we like innova's A.S.S, we praise toyota, not madhuban or shinrai (their dealerships). so if we can praise the company, why cant we criticize it?
Rightly said, Raj!
Old 28th May 2009, 00:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
congrats on your decision of buying a toyota inoova.

give TATA a break guys.

Cheers
I would have loved to believe that but I have tried all options to speak to TATA regional managers etc - they have responded in the best way they could ! What a shame...they can't even follow their commitments, made under no pressure whatsoever. They just go - un-reachable !

Keep sending emails, etc - till date I have never received an response back from them. This is with reference to Indigo Marina I have since 2005, they have not honoured their warranty or extended warranty, I had pay multiple times for parts replacements for a same problem that car doesn't start. I would have paid more then 20k ...still within warranty and atleast 6-7 visits to the workshop. No ownership of the work done, never work completed to satisfaction..as to what was listed. and list goes on...

who can I blame..if not TATA, perhaps choosing the vehicle itself was a mistake..I finally admit.
Old 28th May 2009, 03:21   #30
BHPian

Hey Vivek,

Amny of my friends have experience similar issues with TATA, they never respond properly, more over service is not as expected (again also depends on dealer) never rely on TATA.
SAFARI is a good vehicle, however you should also think about the service support after you buy, guys are acting up just to deliver the vehicle.

You can go for Innova just eyes closed, Toyo is known for customer satisfaction. Innova is worth money and Iam sure you will be amongst most satisfied customer of Toyo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks