Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 02:12   #91
Team-BHP Support

Its really surprising. Here in AP they do sell a few Safaris and I do not reckon I have heard of so many issues right from the moment people take delivery. Most of these problems seem to come up with dealers up north. I wonder why. Do they deliberately do this? The dealers there definitely do not sound very straight to me.

Unfortunately every such reported case here only acts as another bad remark on Tatas and Safaris. The earlier they realize this the better it is for them. And such bad cases even if reported in one part of the country inevitably leaves a fear psychosis amongst probably customers elsewhere as well.

I mean, in a brand new vehicle problems like vibration, booming noise, air circulation modes not working, kaput AC, Fumes seeping inside the cabin, all these sound just horrid!

Last edited by Zappo : 9th June 2009 at 02:14.
Old 9th June 2009, 08:03   #92
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be a new model, right? Is it first batch from TATA? If so, I am not surprised.

Please follow up with dealers for the issues. I heard you need to keep following it with them to get things done. Good luck.
Old 9th June 2009, 08:04   #93
BHPian

This is a totally unacceptable way of delivering a new vehicle...Heck even my 5 year old Tata Indigo gets delivered after each service more diligently and problems if any addressed to my satisfaction 98% of the time.

It can be safely concluded that this dealer is crap and must be avoided at all costs.

Capture all the relevant points and send a stinker mail to TATA top brass directly. I'm sure TATA would respond quickly. Trust me, I've done this and got very good results when I ran into an issue couple of times during the early part of the ownership.

Barring one service centre (RF Motors) in Cochin and the taxi vehicle menace at almost every TATA service center, I've seen TATA service to be steadily improving here down south. But going through various threads here, it seems like there are lots of bad apples (shoddy dealers) still left.

These dealers are dragging the brand down like they have been paid for by the competition. TATA simply cannot make a mark unless it fixes the erring dealers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
This seems to be a new model, right? Is it first batch from TATA? If so, I am not surprised.

Please follow up with dealers for the issues. I heard you need to keep following it with them to get things done. Good luck.
The changes in this new variant is so minimal that it could be called skin deep. Infact it is just a cut-cost version of the top VX variant minus the following feature.

- Leather-Fabric seats instead of all leather seats
- Ultrasonic Reverse sensor instead of Reverse Camera
- No Airbags
- No rear seat LCD's, DVD player
+ ORVM's with integrated side indicators
+ Dual colour paint scheme.

None of the above would even warrant an additional training by TATA dealer/staff.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 9th June 2009 at 08:22.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:15   #94
Senior - BHPian

@ vivek: sad to hear that buddy. no problems though, i wish all your problems will get sorted out soon & all your issues will be duly addressed. to avoid all this, tata should have done a proper QC & the A.S.S should have done a proper PDI. they should not expect the customers to do research on the vehicle after spending 10 lakhs on the same.

all said & done, though your delivery experience was unpleasant, i wish you a great motoring experience.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:26   #95
Senior - BHPian

You have mentioned that you took the delivery of vehicle at 9PM. IMHO, its better to take deliver during day time. Here they have chance to cheat you.
All the issues you have mentioned are not acceptable from any car, even Alto these days will not give so much problem. This car does cost a lot, moreover this car is not known to give those vibrations,etc.
Did you have the PDI that is available here at TBHP ?
Old 9th June 2009, 10:06   #96
Senior - BHPian

good to heat that the car is at home, though getting it was painful and you had to spend whole day chasing these people. Hope the dealer gets the lesson after your escalation and does the makeup for the problems caused so far.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:20   #97
BHPian

Some quick pics of the vehicle at home, need to take these ribbons off !
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-09062009499.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-09062009500.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-09062009507.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-09062009508.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-09062009509.jpg  

TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!)-09062009510.jpg  

Old 9th June 2009, 11:29   #98
BHPian

Nice pics.

The TATA dealer here in Ahmedabad, Swati Automobiles, was very helpful and had everything ready when we went to pick up the vehicle. My safari is due for service in a day or two and hope the experience is a pleasent one.

Even I was wondering if its an issue with the dealer and he just does not care. I can't see how someone can be so careless with the delivery of a new vehicle. It gives me the creeps to think what will happen later.

Anyway hope things get sorted out and you dont have any issues with your beast. Maybe you could also check where other owners are getting their vehicles serviced and try out that agency in future.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:59   #99
Team-BHP Support

Its easy to blame the dealer, but then Tata is responsible even more. First they ensure monopoly to this dealer. Gurgaon has 3-4 big workshops and multiple dealers. Noida has just one dealer, and one big workshop(Sterling). Other TASC are not dealers, and do not even have the basic spare parts like wheel bearings.
Whenever there is monopoly, there will be abuse. With 3-4 dealers in a region, people have a choice.
Old 11th June 2009, 23:16   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post

Capture all the relevant points and send a stinker mail to TATA top brass directly. I'm sure TATA would respond quickly. Trust me, I've done this and got very good results when I ran into an issue couple of times during the early part of the ownership.

Digital Vampire - do you have any suggestion or email ID to contact TATA top brass, I am not sure if I have anything available to reach out other then Speak to TATA regional rep..which is essentially a phone call and phone resolution. If they are really responsive as everyone seems to outline, there must be a way to reach out.

Thanks
Old 11th June 2009, 23:26   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Its easy to blame the dealer, but then Tata is responsible even more. First they ensure monopoly to this dealer. Gurgaon has 3-4 big workshops and multiple dealers. Noida has just one dealer, and one big workshop(Sterling). Other TASC are not dealers, and do not even have the basic spare parts like wheel bearings.
Whenever there is monopoly, there will be abuse. With 3-4 dealers in a region, people have a choice.
Tanveer - I think you have hit the hammer on nail, monopoly on the tata business is driving dealer behavior - just open ears but no need to do anything else. As long as I am getting the business/money - what else do I need? If there is a escalation or something - just fill the response back to TATA. Who is really interested in details as long as there is some text in emails to fill the response.

Just case in point - I didn't get any discount or anything else other then what was given by TATA - 25 k 20-20 cash discount and corporate discount. Even then experience I had was one of the worst that anyone can have, they are just pulling along based on TATA/Fiat buy-in in the market place.

If I would have been responsible for TATA in any way, rather then hitting my head against the vendor, I would have just gone for atleast one more full fledged vendor in Noida. I think at the end of the day..its not an unique solution but why is not TATA acting on it, that just means someone in TATA is taking care of Sterling's interest, otherwise I can't think of any other reason.

Thanks

Vivek
Old 12th June 2009, 01:54   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
If I would have been responsible for TATA in any way, rather then hitting my head against the vendor, I would have just gone for atleast one more full fledged vendor in Noida. I think at the end of the day..its not an unique solution but why is not TATA acting on it, that just means someone in TATA is taking care of Sterling's interest, otherwise I can't think of any other reason.

Vivek
Vivek, A full fledged TATA dealer was operational in Noida till last year ( Nawab Motors ) & they were doing more business than Sterling. Sadly, they closed down due to reasons best known to them. And Sterling's business rose due to absence of any other dealer in the region. Since then, Tata hasn't taken any initiative so far to expand its dealership in such an important region of NCR.

I fail to understand why a corporate giant like TATA lack in such basic business sense, forget about miniscule QC issues ( like Hub cap issue reported by Tanveer ) & niggling factors. Or is this happening with passenger car unit of the group because on the other hand, the company is an undisputable leader in HTV segment for its reliability.

Something is surely wrong somewhere, Hope Mr. Ratan Tata is aware of all this.
Old 12th June 2009, 14:04   #103
BHPian

Congrats on your beast man.

Very sorry to hear about the things faced during the delivery.What a dealer yaar ??
Tata must be held responsible for this,since they would have already got enough complaints from the other customers of this dealer and not taking a single step to reclaim the others from a bad experience.huhh!!
Old 12th June 2009, 15:42   #104
Senior - BHPian

Go for first service. When they call you for feedback give zero for all and see what happens!
Old 12th June 2009, 18:38   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Go for first service. When they call you for feedback give zero for all and see what happens!
I have given them negative marks for PDI as well though there was no formal feedback was taken - not sure what happened to it, practically nothing from my perspective. I am not even talking abt these delivery challenges.

I am not sure if I want to go back at all for anything to this dealer, i will perhaps try Rama Motors as recommended by others.

Thanks

Vivek

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks