Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 14:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
got a call from autoSterling, noida. according to him Linea is getting launched on 25th dec. pricing is approx 8 lacs for petrol model.( From Linea thread)

got a call from autosterling noida. tata indigo "vista" will be lauched in feb/march 2009. no pricing details available
How many calls did you get from them?? 1st of all Linea launch date is confirmed we dont need any more speculation sir. Cant comment much about Indigo launch . But i feel it ll be launched in April 09.
Old 17th December 2008, 18:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
How many calls did you get from them?? 1st of all Linea launch date is confirmed we dont need any more speculation sir. Cant comment much about Indigo launch . But i feel it ll be launched in April 09.
i had done a TD of indica vista. since they are calling me every week or so. but this information about linea and indigo "vista" i got in a single call. but wrote at appropiate/relevant threads (though 2 different threads). sorry if that not the way..only a newbie u see.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:21   #48
BHPian

Just had a look at Autocar website. They have a image of indigo vista's boot. I guess it is the first time we are seeing it undisguised.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

Spied- New Tata Indigo

Finally we get to see Next Gen Indigo s rear. It looks like Tata flicked Santro s (1st model) taillamp and stuck it to the Indigo. I prefer present rear to this one.

Quote:
We knew it was coming, and now we can show you what it will look like. The all-new Indigo, based on the new Indica Vista, will be in showrooms by March 2009. But it isn’t a simple case of sticking a boot onto the Vista. Instead, the new Indigo gets a lengthened wheelbase and different engines. Tata Motors wants to take the new Indigo more upmarket without losing its value proposition, but the taxi fleet image is something that Tata consciously wants to avoid.

The nose of the new Indigo will retain the Indica’s sweeping angular headlights, but should benefit from a more prominent grille, with oodles of chrome for a rich look. At the rear, the Indigo gets vertically-stacked taillights, which are in keeping with the overall design and are sure to lend it a distinct identity from the rear as well. Whether they’re good-looking or not is a matter of personal taste, but Tata’s designers have done well to disguise the bulk of the rear. The tapering roof and C-pillar, with a more rakish rear windscreen give the whole car a more cohesive look, without really compromising on rear headroom.

The lengthened wheelbase is sure to liberate more in-cabin space as well, to improve upon what is already a roomy . As far as budget limos go, the new Indigo should set quite the benchmark.

Engine options will be the same as those on the Linea, with a 90bhp version of the Multi-jet motor, but whether Tata will stick to the Quadrajet nomenclature as on the Indica is to be seen. There could also be the 16-valve twin-cam 1.4-litre petrol from Fiat as well.

Prices should start around Rs 5 lakh for the base versions, and there could also be an executive variant, complete with rear A/C vents, Bluetooth, and perhaps even a DVD screen. As always, Tata will face a challenge with quality, notably fit-and-finish, but if it manages to have these sorted on the new Indigo, it looks to be a strong seller indeed.
Source : Autocar India

Last edited by karanraheja : 22nd December 2008 at 20:25.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:28   #50
Team-BHP Support

Is this the same ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...a-spotted.html
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

ekkkkksss...this is really ugly...looks like a car from 90's....ohh tata please design elegante like taillamp..that will look better.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:31   #52
BHPian

This is really good. The car gives a rich look.
Waiting to see the front side. If its a double barrel headlamp, then sure it gonna be good looking.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

the rear looks bad! rear lamps are huge and ugly!
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:45   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Yup Eddy its the same. Sorry could nt search for that thread. Mods kindly merge the threads.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

the rear reminds me American cars.. especially Cadillac. the taillamps looks like cadillac BLS..
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:54   #56
BHPian

To make it worse its going to have the the same headlamp in the indica vista and probably will have centre mounted console :(
Old 22nd December 2008, 22:53   #57
BANNED

Quote:
There could also be the 16-valve twin-cam 1.4-litre petrol from Fiat as well.
Anybody knows which FIAT model uses this engine?
Old 22nd December 2008, 23:07   #58
BHPian

Oh! God!! This is downright criminal. This is garbage! Look at the shape of the number plate area and then the rest of the metal shape towards the bottom corners. No design synergy at all.

Rear 3/4 view of the bumpers remind me of the cielo. The panel gaps on the sides seem enormous (still?). Tail lamps and the rear windscreen belong to 70s. My God! TATA designers need to start worshipping rear ends (of all sorts!) and get some flair in the process.

Can't stand it!!

BH.

Last edited by BurningHeart : 22nd December 2008 at 23:10.
Old 22nd December 2008, 23:23   #59
Senior - BHPian

heh, makes one thankful that they didnt redesign the indica's rear
Old 23rd December 2008, 00:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Haha!

But what's new ? Indigos anyways have the worst looking rears. The LX/LS has tail lamps the size of the entire i10's rear
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks