Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 19:12   #76
BHPian

@ameenmaj: GM probably wants all the attention on the car with all the talks of bankruptcy going on.
The same GJ registered car has been around delhi, manali as well. . its doing lots of miles. !!
Old 24th June 2009, 19:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

Because they want to communicate to the Indian consumer that they are here to stay, the mothership is not going to take them down.
Old 24th June 2009, 19:50   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameenmaj View Post
I am wondering why they have not camouflaged it at all!!!
They have covered the Company logo and name badges.
They must be following T-Bhp and saying 'Ahhh! whats the use, T-bhp guesses it anyway!"
Most of all, the tail lamp assembly is the best camouflage, resembles to that of the Civic. So to the untrained eye it will be a facelifted civic.
Old 25th June 2009, 10:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

wow, this is a car seen across the lengths of India from more than 3 months prior to launch.

Is it merely a showoff or is GM doing actual road testing to modify the car for Indian requirements ?
Old 29th June 2009, 05:13   #80
asw
BHPian

what will be the possible price range of cruze? will it be close to optra? or will it replace it? any ideas?
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw View Post
what will be the possible price range of cruze? will it be close to optra? or will it replace it? any ideas?
Please check the discussion posted earlier on this thread.
Good car... havent seen a similar model in US though. Do they sell anything like this here? All I see of GM these days is their front runner (sales) - Malibu V6
Old 6th July 2009, 16:30   #82
BHPian

More news on the Cruze

Quote:
Another offering from the Chevrolet stable, Chevrolet Cruze is projected to be launched globally and in India by the end of 2009.

The Chevrolet Cruze is a mid-size sedan that comes in both the petrol and diesel variants. The diesel variant will be powered by 2.0 litre engine that delivers 147 bhp and the petrol variant by a 1.8 litre engines that churns out 138 bhp. The company also plans to launch a 1.6 litre petrol variant that has an output of 112 bhp.

Chevy Cruze carries distinct features such as arching roof-line, two tier grilles, twin-cockpit design (as in a sports car), large glove-box, spacious center console, and large headlamp, which gives the car a bold look. The car will also be equipped with climate controlled AC, 2 airbags, EBD, and ABS.

The dates have not yet been finalised for the launch by the parent company, GM, owing to poor economic conditions worldwide. But the speculation is that the car will be launched by the end of this year.

The Chevrolet Cruze is expected to be priced between Rs 11 to Rs 13 lakh, to compete with other D segment cars such as the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla.
Source: Car-a-zoo
Old 6th July 2009, 17:35   #83
BHPian

Spotted the same car in CP Delhi about 2 weeks back. Was in traffic so could not click pics. Had a friend sitting beside me and he guessed it to be a Civic :P
Old 6th July 2009, 20:01   #84
Senior - BHPian

Manali, Delhi, etc. Quite extensive testing I must say !! Because today afternoon, I saw these two Cruze(s) cruising down the Western Express Highway at Malad, heading south. Looked pretty neat.
Old 9th July 2009, 03:05   #85
BHPian

the car will be priced similar to the civic/altis and the optra will be sold at lower price soon. it will be competing with the city/cedia.

the Diesel will be the one to watch out for as that engine is already proven in the captiva. it should be quicker or as quick as the petrol civic/altis.

and the interiors look beautiful.

all in all looks like a good product from GM.

and about it being a Daewoo in GM's clothes... well GM cars are sold in many countries under different names and different brands as per the contracts with different brands. and there are also some changes in exteriors in some countries. but its not a old daewoo or any other car in GM's clothes. and as far as I know GM has bought daewoo long time ago (I think I read somewhere long time ago.. not sure though).

Last edited by magikrider : 9th July 2009 at 03:08.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:33   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
Sorry but definately looks like the end of the road for GM India. They now look like a drowning man clutching at straws. Had to come up with something real special. GM internationally has gone Kaput and no matter how much the Indian wing tries, it will ultimately suffer the fate of its mother company. But they had it coming. Chevrolet has been selling re-badged obsolete Daewoo cars for long enough - Daewoo Kalos -> Chevy Aveo, Daewoo Nubira - Chevy Optra, Daewoo Matiz -> Chevy Spark. Now even the spy pic of the Cruz's interiors shows a daewoo badged steering wheel !!

Now which discontinued Daewoo model has been badged as the cruz ?? Have to really dig into Daewoo archives for this one....

Hey they still have Daewoo.. but only in korea where the brand name is "GMDAT (GM Daewoo Auto & Technology)".. so this is the pic of one of the korean daewoo.. and in India its going to be chevy cruze with Chevy logo.. same as in Australia where it is Holden Cruze with holden logo.

I hope this clears your doubt..
Old 10th July 2009, 16:51   #87
Senior - BHPian

The Aveo may have flunked but the Matiz and Optra were excellent Daewoos. I don't think anyone has a problem with rebadged Daewoos as long as they are good cars. Surely, every Spark buyer knows it is the Matiz concept underneath their car?
Old 10th July 2009, 17:30   #88
BHPian

I have an Aveo U-VA and I know its a rebadged Daewoo. Its a good car and I have nothing against it!
Old 10th July 2009, 21:48   #89
Senior - BHPian

@gitartha: They didn't try hard enough with the Aveo but it's a smart looker and a good car nonetheless, and the Optra and Spark are both great cars. What matters in the end is how good or bad the car is and not the badging / rebadging.
Old 11th July 2009, 19:28   #90
Senior - BHPian

I agree I have driven an Aveo & its one of the proper Sedans around & not just hatch made to sedan. I really wished that it would have faired better in Indian Market.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks