Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2009, 13:20   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I calculated the on-road price in Karnataka, it will be 20.6 lakhs. Damn, even GV managed to cross 20L mark in Karnataka.
somehow the price seems pretty high. From what we heard - Fortuner will be close to 20L on-road. Even if its 2 lakhs higher people will buy a Toyota diesel compared to GV.
Old 8th July 2009, 13:32   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
somehow the price seems pretty high. From what we heard - Fortuner will be close to 20L on-road. Even if its 2 lakhs higher people will buy a Toyota diesel compared to GV.
The Karnataka road-tax for above 10L vehicles is 16% + 10% cess on tax + insurance. Now, the reliable rumours peg Fortuner ex-showroom price at 22L. That means in Karnataka the Fortuner will cost 26.5L on road. That is 6L higher than GV on road.
Old 9th July 2009, 16:11   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
. Btw, there ain't any black color option! With the styling and chrome and stuff it has, black would be sexy!
there is this color "BLue Black Pearl", its hard to locate as background is in Black as well

Also, i saw another Indian State named "Test1" added in their Price list hehe
Attached Thumbnails
New Grand Vitara 2.4 coming EDIT: Now Launched-clip1.jpg  

New Grand Vitara 2.4 coming EDIT: Now Launched-clipboard.gif  

Old 9th July 2009, 17:35   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post
there is this color "BLue Black Pearl", its hard to locate as background is in Black as well

Also, i saw another Indian State named "Test1" added in their Price list hehe
Clear indication that MSIL is not serious about this car!! But the question is - Why launch it??
Old 9th July 2009, 18:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oz View Post
Clear indication that MSIL is not serious about this car!! But the question is - Why launch it??
Shot in the dark perhaps? If it clicks, great. If not, they don't lose much in publicity money. I'd prefer it if they did a serious job though instead of this strategy.
Old 10th July 2009, 09:10   #96
BHPian

Absolute non eye catching Ad in the Hindustan times? Now that i try to recollect - i cant! Sad !
Old 15th July 2009, 13:51   #97
BHPian

anyone did a TD??
would love to know if the grunt on paper is actually there..
Old 15th July 2009, 15:08   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesh.b View Post
anyone did a TD??
would love to know if the grunt on paper is actually there..
I went to Pratham Motors in Blore last weekend for a test drive. They didnt even have a display vehicle leave alone a TD vehicle. They took down my contact details and said they would call me. I haven't received that call as yet. Can't understand why these people launch cars without TD vehicles
Old 15th July 2009, 18:38   #99
BHPian

I called my contact at pratham and he promised me a TD on saturday... Will keep you posted on the same.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:56   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitv122 View Post
I called my contact at pratham and he promised me a TD on saturday... Will keep you posted on the same.
Thanks buddy. Hope to atleast TD this weekend. May not be really able to afford it
Old 17th July 2009, 00:00   #101
BHPian

I think that at this price range it should be a pretty good buy if they also give nice and attractive interiors as that was a put off for many buyers for the earlier version.

and I think that it should be a better option than the captiva, which is somewhere 25L approx on road mumbai, and also CRV, which is now about 25-30L on road in mumbai. and also it should be a better buy than the outlander also as it is a tough SUV with good off-road capabilities.

now the question remains, will it be able to sustain the blow of the mighty Fortuner??!!

seriously speaking, I love the looks of the GV also. it has classic SUV look. and If I were in the market for a SUV, my options would be either the Fortuner or the GV. and leaning a bit towards the GV as it will be more powerful and punchy than the fortuner and also because of its size should be more drivable in the city traffic.
Old 17th July 2009, 09:46   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
I think that at this price range it should be a pretty good buy if they also give nice and attractive interiors as that was a put off for many buyers for the earlier version.

they have made changes not only to the engine but also the interiors. you will have the same steering and gear stick as the sx4 family. but the whole dash layout has been changed. and i think they have put in a new integrated sound system for this one. i don't know whether they have given leather seats or not i dont think they have. but you get a true all time 4X4.i think only comparison i would like to make is with the outlander. but that one has some unique features which are not present in the GV. so you can somewhat justify the price for the outlander.

if your choice is diesel then i think fortuner makes a better sense.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:53   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Thanks buddy. Hope to atleast TD this weekend. May not be really able to afford it
Any Update on the TD ?
Old 20th July 2009, 12:18   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Any Update on the TD ?
No. I was busy during the weeked with domestic chores and couldn't find time for the same. Also the Showroom person did not call me
Old 20th July 2009, 12:38   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
No. I was busy during the weeked with domestic chores and couldn't find time for the same. Also the Showroom person did not call me
Yes even I did not see any new GV at Pratham , I work out of ecospace opposite pratham motors . The TD vehicle is yet to come to Bangalore it seems

Most Viewed