Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 09:29   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Those Nazi style stickers totally spoil the looks of this beauty. I just hope the first thing a buyer does is remove those damn stickers
Old 24th July 2009, 23:40   #77
BHPian

Just noticed that the Cedia is now available only in the Sports variant. They also have a new website for the Cedia Sports.

Cedia Sports

Seem to have renamed the colours. I don't remember seeing a blue earlier on the Sports variant.
Old 24th July 2009, 23:53   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok. I need some help here.

Dad is hell bent on buying an Altis as his next car. I need ideas as to how I can persuade/beg/convince him to go for this instead of an old man's car!

PS: My dad's just 52. That's too young for a guy who was completely involved in rallying when he was young and a past winner of the K1000 rally to buy an Altis! Boohooo.... I really love the Cedia. And with these alloys and that touch screen navigation, I love it more!

PPS: To one particular red Cedia owner(who I know will be reading this post), please ask me before selling your car.
Old 25th July 2009, 01:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

still the "OLD" car but without those funny and ugly stickers it looks nice.
Old 25th July 2009, 10:22   #80
BHPian

Given your dad's background, it should be simple enough. Just convince him for a test drive and he will be sold! All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Dad is hell bent on buying an Altis as his next car. I need ideas as to how I can persuade/beg/convince him to go for this instead of an old man's car!

PS: My dad's just 52. That's too young for a guy who was completely involved in rallying when he was young and a past winner of the K1000 rally to buy an Altis! Boohooo.... I really love the Cedia. And with these alloys and that touch screen navigation, I love it more!

PPS: To one particular red Cedia owner(who I know will be reading this post), please ask me before selling your car.
Old 25th July 2009, 11:50   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Well Nikhil, Me too a Red Cedia Owner (French Claret though), zipping past through the streets and outskirts of Chennai, and am 48. Not far from your dad and tell him, Altis and Civics are for Chauffer-driven cars.
If he wants to be driven around, buy Altis or Civic.
If he still wants to drive, buy Cedia Sports...
The New Avtar is just unbeatable.
Best way is to persuade him for a TD. And rest Cedia will speak for itself...
Old 25th July 2009, 13:07   #82
Senior - BHPian

Ralliart stickers can be ordered online for sure...they are also very easy to make.
Old 25th July 2009, 19:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

HM is purely going into niche market now. Sports cedia, montero, pajero shout it loud.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:09   #84
Senior - BHPian

On Friday,I've test driven new white sports.
As everybody know it has momo steering,Oz alloys,Kenwood GPS nav sys.,ACC.
I found it to be difficult to honk while driving,we need to move our hand to reach horn and steering is very cute and handy.
There is nothing to write home abt the driving dynamics etc.as everyone are well aware of the vehicle in this forum.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:44   #85
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Cedia advert in the newspaper today. The moment I saw those stickers, I had a bad feel for the sales. I don't think they'll help. The original was better, IMHO!
Old 27th July 2009, 15:10   #86
BHPian

Old wine, new bottle. Mitsu gone the HH way. Just stickering and some aesthetic work here and there and voila! It's good enough to sell it to us Indian's..

Don't understand till when would we have to utilize the used cr@p of the word.. I am for one thoroughly disaapointed, I was anticipating the Evo!!
Old 27th July 2009, 15:39   #87
BANNED

what i have heard that the production lines of lancer and cedia is almost stopped. they are not producing them anymore and they have lots n lots of already made sitting there to be sold. this was told to me by one of the servicing guy there who went for traning in their factory.
they may be up for something new.

Last edited by monty9991 : 27th July 2009 at 15:41.
Old 27th July 2009, 16:46   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
If he wants to be driven around, buy Altis or Civic.
The only place from where the Civic makes any sense is from the driver's seat. It is too low for passengers to ingress/egress properly, it rides harshly, it has low GC, it is not subtle or understated and it has low FE compared to the Altis. The only saving grace is the way it drives. Why would you want to be chauffeured in a Civic?

The Cedia is a brilliant platform though. Kick that anemic engine to the trash bin, swap in the full EVO shebang and enjoy supercar beating performance.
Old 27th July 2009, 18:17   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The only place from where the Civic makes any sense is from the driver's seat. It is too low for passengers to ingress/egress properly, it rides harshly, it has low GC, it is not subtle or understated and it has low FE compared to the Altis. The only saving grace is the way it drives. Why would you want to be chauffeured in a Civic?

The Cedia is a brilliant platform though. Kick that anemic engine to the trash bin, swap in the full EVO shebang and enjoy supercar beating performance.
Can't agree more on everything you said about Civic. But, the reality is most of the Civics are chauffeur driven, at least thats what I see in Chennai here. That's the basis of my comment there.
Old 27th July 2009, 19:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from the Mitsubishi dealer in Hyderabad stating that they would like to give me a TD of the Cedia Sports as I was a participant in the TGDC. The car is coming this Friday. Want to see how it feels.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks