Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2014, 20:56   #106
BANNED

Re: Got caught by Traffic Police? Wriggle out with RTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
[i]Dear Arun,

Yes, U was suffered a lot, we are sorry for that. Actually on above said vehicle there was two pending e-challans when U have checked. After payment violation photographs will not shown in the HTP website. E-Seva officials should not return back to U come after a week. They will have live data from our HTP server. Another issue is that there will not any option to show the documents after a week as it is not possible to trace again same vehicle on the field. U can go through our website which are the documents should carry at the time of driving. Regarding above vehicle violation photographs, just wait for some time and I will mail to you the same in a day or two.

This is the email sent to me. Is this valid? Isnt the proof of violation supposed to be there no matter when you check it. I still feel I have been cheated. I am going to escalate and take this matter with some news paper. Any other options please let me know.

Wow, the English!

It took me sometime to understand what he is trying to convey. Have you posted on FB?

Sometimes when there is a violation the challan is generated and sent to address barring on the RC book and doesn't get uploaded on the website along with the proof.

Sometimes the violation is uploaded but the supporting picture is not uploaded rather it is available with the eSeva centre where you pay the challan amount.

Have you received the mail BTW?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 13:26   #107
BHPian

Lol. I dont even want to comment about the language as I did not expect even near good english there. Imagine the cop who dealt with me in the station didn't speak Hindi or English. So this was ok for me.

I am posting what I had sent to them here and I did get the pic for one violation. It doesn't mention place, time etc...just the picture. Yes the vehicle is in violation of traffic lights for which I have already paid the fine.

I am yet to get a proof for the 2011 violation.

My reply to them-

Quote:
Dear M.Narsing Rao,

Your officials did not mention that when I asked them in fact they told me to check online from my mobile and it will be there, which I could not do as my internet settings are not active on my phone. They did not show me proof from their computer either.

I am not going to any police station because I know how they waste our time and harass us also. If at all anything ask them to email the pics for proof or put it up online so that everyone can see it.

The police and every other government organization need to know that the common citizen will not remain quiet anymore for unnecessary claims.

Thanking you,
His reply to it with the pic

Quote:
I am herewith attd one violation photograph remaining will be mail to as early as possible. Your last words are not good as U r a common citizen U should request for reasons and clarify it. Traffic Police will not claims unnecessarily.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th February 2014 at 21:56. Reason: Spell-check. Quotes added.
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My reply to them-

Dear M.Narsing Rao,

Your officials did not mention that when I asked them in fact they told me to check online from my mobile and it will be there, which I could not do as my internet settings are not active on my phone. They did not show me proof from their computer either.

I am not going to any police station because I know how they waste our time and harass us also. If at all anything ask them to email the pics for proof or put it up online so that everyone can see it.

The police and every other government organization need to know that the common citizen will not remain quiet anymore for unnecessary claims.

Thanking you,

His reply to it with the pic

I am herewith attd one violation photograph remaining will be mail to as early as possible. Your last words are not good as U r a common citizen U should request for reasons and clarify it. Traffic Police will not claims unnecessarily.
Hahahaha this one takes the cake!
To be honest, you need to remember that THEY are in power.
YOU/WE are without power.

A powerless person needs to have documents and evidence and witnesses in support of his claims. Which doesn't appear to be in your case, so you can only beg and request.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 14:13   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The police and every other government organization need to know that the common citizen will not remain quiet anymore for unnecessary claims......

Your last words are not good as U r a common citizen U should request for reasons and clarify it. Traffic Police will not claims unnecessarily.[/i]
You could have avoided the 'last words'. I feel they are not required.

But what on earth the police officer trying to say?

Man keep this email. If ever you want to fight this out in the public. TV/media would love to highlight it.
kkr2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 14:57   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.... I am not going to any police station because I know how they waste our time and harass us also. If at all anything ask them to email the pics for proof or put it up online so that everyone can see it....

The police and every other government organization need to know that the common citizen will not remain quiet anymore for unnecessary claims...
You could have avoided these lines. We should NOT look at creating altercations, but should rather focus on productive arguments.

Instead of this, you could have been very firm on getting the proof and should have put your foot down on making it clear that it's their responsibility to provide a proof for the violation.

Edit:: I would like to know whether you had mentioned that you were initially pulled up for PUC issue and later were fined the rest? The officer's email was quite polite (with whatever language skills he has) and replying with an intimidating tone would never go well with sarkaari officials.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th February 2014 at 15:12.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 21:09   #111
BHPian

I agree that I should have avoided the last line and the line before that was said because I didn't understand his email and I thought he was asking me to come to the station again so that he can show me proof and frankly I really did not want to go to the police station as I do not think these people value the time of others. Besides I was very annoyed when I wrote that email.

Once I calmed down I did email the inspector after that and apologized to him for my harshness and appreciated him for his prompt reply.

I got the pic for one violation which was in 2014 but just a pic was sent no place or time was given and I am still waiting for the 2011 violation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post

A powerless person needs to have documents and evidence and witnesses in support of his claims. Which doesn't appear to be in your case, so you can only beg and request.
I tend to disagree with you on this as I have all the documents and my recording was my evidence.

To show that I am a law abiding citizen I paid the fine first so they cannot question me now but now I am asking proof for what I paid for. Which I think they have to give me. So I really dont think I have to beg and request because if they dont give me proof I am going the legal way, it is a hassle but definitely I am not going to let this go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Edit:: I would like to know whether you had mentioned that you were initially pulled up for PUC issue and later were fined the rest? The officer's email was quite polite (with whatever language skills he has) and replying with an intimidating tone would never go well with sarkaari officials.
Yes I did mention I was pulled up for PUC which I got done immediately after I paid the fines and before going to collect my DL from the police station.

The officers email is definitely polite because they know this is a valid proof, you should have seen the way they treat you at the station. I do not give hoots to his language skills.

After he sent me the pic of one violation I did apologize to him for my harshness in my previous mail and thanked him for his prompt reply.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th February 2014 at 21:54. Reason: Spell-check. Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 24th December 2014, 18:33   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Has someone contacted the Traffic police for a wrong offence registered against their car?

My SX4 seems to have a 'Using mobile phone' offence against it on 28/11/2014 in a location on Mysore road. That day, the car has not gone out of the garage since I was not in station and my dad has taken the WagonR to work. And this offence amounts to cancellation of the DL I am both worried and pissed off against them for this. There is no photo of the offence either. From our side, we can show CCTV records of my dad entering and exiting ISRO(his workplace) from 8:30AM-4:30PM as well as his enter and exit card swipes. I just saw this on a random check on BTP website and was shocked to see the offence registered. Will take this issue up tomorrow without fail and will see what evidence they can furnish.

Paying the fine is okay since its 100 but licence cancellation is worrying.
Old 24th December 2014, 20:18   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
...Paying the fine is okay since its 100 but licence cancellation is worrying.
Why? If you have NOT committed the offence, why pay the fine?
Old 24th December 2014, 20:31   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

I just saw this on a random check on BTP website and was shocked to see the offence registered. Will take this issue up tomorrow without fail and will see what evidence they can furnish.

Paying the fine is okay since its 100 but licence cancellation is worrying.
Go to the Traffic police and enquire about the correct reasoning plus the proof for the offence. If they don't listen go worry the proof of swipe in/out time of your Dad who used the WagonR.

This should clear out things better, why pay that 100 bucks to BTP for no fault? Donation. Eh?!

Anurag.
Old 24th December 2014, 21:05   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Why? If you have NOT committed the offence, why pay the fine?
Practically speaking, tomorrow I will take up the issue with them. I have to travel to places, and finally might have to take them to court too. That will make Rs. 100 look meagre. That was the reason I said so. However, I will take it to court if necessary. When they impose a strict rule like cancelling the DL, they should also have a fool proof system for filing the offense. Not like some blind constable writing some number and claiming it to be my car.

In the six years the SX4 has been with us, this is the first time an offence has come up against it. Not even a single parking ticket has been issued on this one. Lets see what happens. I ve also posted on FB and tomorrow I will be contacting the ACP.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 23:00   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, after some talks with various people, the notice was cancelled today without my knowledge and a random check again showed up no pending offences. NO, the fine wasn't paid

The whole process was not that tedious as such. The timeline of events are discussed as follows for those who are in a similar situation:

Dec 24th - I see the violation while checking the BTP website randomly for all our vehicles. I enquire with dad to check if he had used the car that day. He said no and was equally surprised. I immediately called the office of the ACP, traffic and enquired about the same. The person there gave the number of TMC and told that they were off for the day.

Dec 25th morning - I call up TMC and ask what the notice says. The person there says they dont have any evidence of the same and instructs me to contact the police station from where the violation was raised.

Afternoon - My dad calls up the police station and after a few unanswered attempts, they pick up the call and tell him to mail the details and they would respond accordingly. The mail is immediately sent:

Quote:
Dear sir,
This is with respect to notice number 11450869 registered against vehicle number KA 05 MG 1909 with the following particulars:

Using mobile phone while driving - Bangalore body builders junction - 28/11/2014

However, the owner of the car, senior employee in ISRO has been in ISRO, Old Airport Road for the entire day as it is a working day, and secondly, the said car is not used by anyone else. Hence, the offence raised is incorrect.

On contacting the ACP, Mr. Praveen Sood's office as well as the TMC, Bangalore, they do not have evidence about the same. Hence, we request you to look into the same and solve the issue, or provide any visual evidence about the vehicle, or the details of the vehicle that is spotted to be committing the offence.

Regards,
and no reply received as expected. The same is forwarded to some other addresses and I get this reply:

Quote:
Sir,

fyna
and this from the TMC

Quote:
Sir,

The violation raised from TMC will have photo evidence. The violation raised from traffic stations will have FTVR / Photo proof in that traffic station. You can contact the respective traffic station for proof.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Subject: Fwd: Traffic fines - no evidence of breaking traffic rules
To: Traffic Management Centre <tmcbtp@gmail.com>

B.Dayananda IPS
Additional Commissioner of Police
Traffic
Bangalore City

Please visit www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in for more information on traffic management in Bangalore

May subscribe to Bangalore Traffic Police page on Facebook for updates on traffic and raod safety
I dont understand the whole idea and again reply as follows:

Quote:
Sankalp Talagonda <.com>
Dec 26 (3 days ago)

to TMC
I have contacted that station through phone and they told to send a mail. Haven't received any reply till now.
For that, the TMC coolly replied:

Quote:
TMC - BTP

to me
Sir,

Write once again and call them and ask why they are not giving the proof.

This was like provoking me to ask them which I wanted the TMC to do.

So that meant these people were not so willing to work.

Dec 27th - I call up the Police station to ask if they got my mail, indirectly telling them I wanted a damn reply for the same. The person in charge of violations was not available. Hence I had to call them again in the evening. This time the man was available. He was quite patient and the style of speaking was very professional. I explained the whole thing to him and he told me that they will write down vehicle description and colour. Hence, I wanted him to tell the same to me. He refused to do so and asked me to tell the details of the car. I missed this and revealed the colour and model. He told that he would scan the whole write up of the constable and send it to me. Suppose the details he had didnt match, I could get the offence reversed.

After that, I was worried since, he can just scribble whatever I said that time and send it back to me. From that time, no reply, no mail nothing. So I was going to call him tomorrow. But today when I checked the fines pending, it was reversed. I called him up to ask the same thing and he told that it was a Grey Figo or swift which was the offending vehicle. Hence he himself contacted the TMC and got the violation erased.

Faith in Police restored!
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 17:15   #117
BHPian

Mumbai Traffic Police - A Wonderful Experience

Had been to Mumbai recently, driving all the way from Bangalore. On 27th December, the car with a capacity load of close relatives, driven my yours truly was headed towards National College, Bandra from Char Bangla, Andheri.

A gut feel kicked in as I took the left turn at Mithibai College to reach S.V. Road and it morphed into the unwelcome vision of a traffic cop hailing me down. Realized immediately that I had, in all probability, taken the turn when the light was not yet green. Now, I am a very conscientious driver and never ever, have willingly passed through a red light (even in the very late night or early morning hours) and had therefore mentally accepted my fault.

Got out of the car to the police constable using the boot as a desk with his books laid out and pen poised to strike with the appropriate violation. He had already noted that the vehicle was Karnataka registration, so asked me to get license, registration and PUC. While jotting down the details in his challan book, maybe from force of habit, he started with the mini lecture. Mini lecture over, I told him that I have violated the rule and even though I chastise myself thoroughly and am sad that I have violated a rule, and that as a rule, I follow rules, I am happy to pay the prescribed fine.

The pen stopped scribbling and for the first time he looked at my face during this entire altercation and realized that I am now close to claiming senior citizenship rights and seem to be the decent gentleman, that I like to portray myself as. I apologized, re-emphasized that I am a strict follower of rules (P.S. all this, was more to do with letting him realize "there is no bribe that he can get from this guy!") and that if I have committed an offense, I have no choice but to pay up.

Surprise! he tells me "we need more citizens like you, i wish the media were present here". All this was of course in Hindi. So we go on a little more about "magach maari" / stress on him, me and the waste of time and bad mood all around etc. etc. and now he hands over the papers back to me and tells me "Go! No fine".

We spent a few more minutes talking about his earlier visit to Bangalore and a few temples nearby, how he does not spare even film stars and the ones that he has caught at that very same spot. He fishes out his phone and shows me a picture of him with the film star son of an even bigger film star father, who stays just a kilometer or so up the road and his humbleness. He did proudly name a few yesteryear actresses also, that he had apprehended.

All this, while the rest of the family who had not got out of the car, were contemplating about this lengthy discussion that we were having, the wife and sister who were the two vociferous protagonists comprising the passenger segment, by now cooking up all tongue-in-cheek possibilities of what I am up to, and finally settling down to a consensus that I am probably inviting the policeman to dinner, which was where we were heading to.

I thanked him and congratulated him for being humane and told him that I wish all Cops were like him! Got a beaming smile in return!

Net result...Happy Cop! Happy Me!... About 10 minutes spent and NO FINE!

To repeat an earlier line used!......FAITH IN MUMBAI POLICE RESTORED.

Last edited by pariwar : 7th January 2015 at 17:21. Reason: minor spelling mistakes, a few comma's and a couple of words added when you revise
pariwar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 19:24   #118
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Traffic Police - A Wonderful Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariwar View Post
I thanked him and congratulated him for being humane and told him that I wish all Cops were like him! Got a beaming smile in return!

Net result...Happy Cop! Happy Me!... About 10 minutes spent and NO FINE!

To repeat an earlier line used!......FAITH IN MUMBAI POLICE RESTORED.
I wish if every Cop was as humble as the guy you quoted about. These blokes in Kerala are furious towards every biker in town and even responsible riders get a mouthful from them .
Old 7th January 2015, 19:33   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = mc˛ View Post
I wish if every Cop was as humble as the guy you quoted about. These blokes in Kerala are furious towards every biker in town and even responsible riders get a mouthful from them .
My experience (being a TN) guy visiting KL (Munnar) was very different and a very funny one. Its a case to case basis I guess.

Just coming down Munnar, I forgot to belt up after a photo shoot at a cliff edge. Cop flagged me down and asked 'seat belt please' with a huge smile, I 'smiled back' saying 'thank you' and promptly belted up.

He said 'you should have done this before I said it from my mouth' and handed me a 100rs proper challan. Me and wife had a good laugh!
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 19:17   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
My experience (being a TN) guy visiting KL (Munnar) was very different and a very funny one. Its a case to case basis I guess.

Just coming down Munnar, I forgot to belt up after a photo shoot at a cliff edge. Cop flagged me down and asked 'seat belt please' with a huge smile, I 'smiled back' saying 'thank you' and promptly belted up.

He said 'you should have done this before I said it from my mouth' and handed me a 100rs proper challan. Me and wife had a good laugh!
People here have the norm of flashing their headlights to the oncoming vehicles, just to indicate that there's a Police checking up ahead. It has taken me a while to grasp the rule. Once, I even stopped aside to checkout what's wrong with my car, for everyone to flash their lights at me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks