Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2005, 11:37   #31
BHPian

I had checked with one of the local dealer in hyderabad, and he told me that the ZXI model could be delivered within 4-5 weeks time. How come it is varing so much from state to state?
Old 27th June 2005, 18:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I thought the Ford factory was in Maraimalai-nagar.
Sorry, I had mentioned it as Singaperumankovil, your thought is right
Old 27th June 2005, 19:15   #33
BHPian

My cousin who had booked red colour swift on 30th May and was supposed to get the delivery in 2nd week of July. But now the dealer is informing that Red colour is in very high demand and he would be getting his car after 3rd week of august. Is this true or the dealer is just bu*****g . By the way the dealer is Mandovi motors
Old 5th July 2005, 13:09   #34

Hi guys,
KA all waiting-to-be maruti swift owners , pls provide ur booking details in the format as given below. i tried to link an xls file which in turn could be updated and posted by respective members, but dont know how to link it. This will help us all in.

Date of Booking
Model
Colour
Dealer Location
Expected Delivery Dt
Actual Delivery Dt
Remarks(optional)

Rgds,
Old 5th July 2005, 13:32   #35
BHPian

Date of Booking : 27 May
Model : Swift Vxi
Colour : Slkey Silver
Dealer Location : Vipul Motors, Faridabad(Haryana)
Expected Delivery Dt : 2nd Week of July
Old 5th July 2005, 14:24   #36
BHPian

Date of Booking : 20May
Model : Swift Zxi
Colour : Bright Red ( am 8th in line for the Red Zxi!)
Dealer Location : Sagar Automobiles, Bangalore
Expected Delivery Dt : July End or August

The dealer says that the priority would be colorwise and chances are that a person may get a car very early if he has booked a less preferred color say green!

I dont quite agree with this thing and since i have chosen a RED there will be delay..looking at the percentage of booking, cant the maruti guys coordinate with their paintshops (!) and strike a balance..

the wait is killin me..

Hurry Home
Old 5th July 2005, 16:08   #37
BHPian

my friends cousin wanted to buy the swift,but the guys told him that he will have to wait till jan!! i dnt belive this,the guy could not wait so long so he is buyin a zen now.
Old 5th July 2005, 17:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

booking date- 9th may (morning)...
colour-silver...
variant-zxi...
dealer-sai service, vasai...
expected delivery date- damn.......
actual delivery date- still pending....

i was the first dude (or idiot- as applicable) to book the car in the entire region.... and i'm still waiting...... holy cow...!!!! i'm really getting pissed off at maruti.... tata was eons better....
Old 5th July 2005, 17:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
i was the first dude (or idiot- as applicable) to book the car in the entire region.... and i'm still waiting...... holy cow...!!!! i'm really getting pissed off at maruti.... tata was eons better....
remember when the indica was launched.
there was a lucky draw to get the car booked
one out of 4 ppl would get booking
Old 6th July 2005, 10:05   #40
BHPian

booking date - 25th may
variant - vxi , black
place - pratham motors bangalore
promised date of delivery - 6-10 june
delivery date - 15th june :-)

by the way their( pratham motors') service center sucks
Old 6th July 2005, 10:29   #41
BHPian

Don't you guys feel that this way Maruti will loose some of its valuable customers. Moreover i feel that now Maruti is not able to serve its customer base as well as it earlier used to. I had an esteem and the AC was not working effectively. I gave the car to Rohan motors in Noida and when they delivered the car, the dashboard was not fitted properly and couple of screws were missing. One of the AC parts needed to be replaced but it was not available and i could not find it till the date i sold my esteem.. :-(
Old 6th July 2005, 12:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush
I gave the car to Rohan motors in Noida and when they delivered the car, the dashboard was not fitted properly and couple of screws were missing. One of the AC parts needed to be replaced but it was not available and i could not find it till the date i sold my esteem.. :-(
Oh my! Fiat has competition. LOL. Sorry mods, could not resist that.
Old 7th July 2005, 02:24   #43

Date of Booking: 8th June
Model: VXi with ABS
Colour: Silky Silver
Dealer Location: Spectra Motors, Ghatkopar (w), Mumbai
Expected Delivery Dt: Earlier they said 25th july (today when i called up... they are not sure how long would it delay, but it would delay)
Actual Delivery Dt:

Remarks(optional)
When i called them up today.. they said that all the people who have booked before 25th May would get their car by 25th July and after 25th july only they can realease a expected date for the remaining cars.
Old 7th July 2005, 03:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

I had booked my Swift in Gray on 1 st June in Delhi, Competant Motors. I had initially booked Gray, since I have a previous Esteem from them they told me that I will get the car on July 13th. However my constant pressure and they said the car will be there on June 25th. However we changed our mind mid way to Silver color and than they said in that case dilverly will be postponed to Junly 2nd week. We kept on pressurizing them, calling our sales guy and his manager day and night. He was really a nice guy and I feel ashamed troubling him, but I head that if you keep calling it works. Last week I went to Karol Bagh to check some Alloys and saw Red, Silver and Gray Swifts parked together and it became a no brainer, metallic or non metallic, red truly stood out with contrasting red and black making a killing combination. Even though red is a tad too loud, we changed our mind again to call Competant Motors and they said Red is a rare color and wont be able to give that before August. He said that Silver Lxi is ready for delivery, but again we insisted and kept the options open. We made an emotional plea that being my Moms birthday they should give the car. A true senty from me to them was " I cant postpone my moms birthday" and what a gift she got today.
We finally got our Red Swift Vxi delivered to us today along with a Boquet for my mom. Simply awesome, rocking....!!! I am soooo happy.
Old 7th July 2005, 05:22   #45

waaw... that was a nice one....
ne thing outta desperation...

btw. i was in a fix btw. red and black too... finally my conclusion was..

Cons: Red
• Red would tend to dull down after 5-6 years...
• It is a solid color and the resale value for solid aint that good.
• There are a zillion booking happening in Red, i just dont want to be another guy with the same color.
• It would definitely take time for the car delivery..

Cons: Black (I had booked this earlier, then changed my mind)
• Every cars base color is white, so one lil scratch would really stand out.
• Black looks a tad after some years, i've noticed some old cars.. you would even see the car wash marks on it.

well, i had nothing left but to settle down for the silky silver... its a decent one.. without any critic that i could think of .. so that be it..

Most Viewed