Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2005, 20:59   #61
BHPian

hehehe like i said green colour is available of the shelf
Old 18th July 2005, 17:18   #62
BHPian

I had Booked a swift Zxi on the 30th of May ( 2 days after it's launch here at Sikkim) and was told that I'd get deelivery by the last week of June. Then they told me Mid July and now they tell me that I won't be getting it till November, and that too, I can't specify color choice as when my number comes up, (I'm Number 10) I'll have to take whatever they bring in.

This is awful from Maruti. Guess I'll be taking my deposit back. Maybe I should have a dekko at Hyundai Getz. I feel really bad as i was really excited about the Swift.
Old 18th July 2005, 17:35   #63
BHPian

One friend booked Swift at Rohan Motors in Noida. Due to the ever increasing delivery time he cancelled the booking. Since then, he has reminded them over 20 times but not got his booking amount(Rs 50,000) yet. Its so frustrating.
Old 18th July 2005, 18:09   #64
BHPian

Swift Premium

Hey Guys,

Going rates for "Black" "Grey" "Premium" (whatever..) for off-the-shelf delivery are

LXi - abt 10K
VXi - abt 15K
ZXi - abt 30K

Color is no issues, whatever you desire.

Finance DSAs had pre-booked hundreds of cars and are now off-loading the same.

PM me if you wanna strike a deal.

Cheers
Old 18th July 2005, 19:39   #65
Senior - BHPian

We booked a Swift (Red color) VXI with ABS on June 17th 2005. I was the one who discussed with the Maruti guys & on the promise that it will be delivered within 4-6 weeks; I had paid them the advance amount. I had asked my people to release a PO to that effect. I was under the impression that we had released the PO.

Today, I checked with my guys and was shocked to hear that we have not released the PO and upon checking the order request form, I understood that Maruti guys acted smart in getting signature in the order request form with 2.5 months as the delivery time frame. The mistake is from our side in not releasing the PO. I really got frustrated though the mistake (communication gap) is from our side.

The sales guy was acting as if he had never spoken to me. On enquiry I found that it would take 2-3 days to refund the amount upon receiving the cancellation letter.

He added that for vehicles booked now, the delivery time frame is next January.

Maruti is putting their great product into risk by themselves.
Old 18th July 2005, 20:07   #66
BHPian

hey surprise havent you already got delivery of your car are you talking about another one that uv booked
Old 19th July 2005, 10:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libre sito
hey surprise havent you already got delivery of your car are you talking about another one that uv booked
I work for purchase dept in my office. This is for a different person. If you go through my blogs, you can notice that I would have discussed/raised questions on TATA Indigo, Honda City, Lancer etc etc
Old 19th July 2005, 11:47   #68

hi guys, just my dealer called up to inform that confirmed delivery schedule has come for my red zxi (booked on 29-May-05) and delivery will be made by the end of Oct'05.
now i think its time to explore the alternatives.

viv
Old 19th July 2005, 12:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekag
now i think its time to explore the alternatives.

viv
I think Maruti's policy has backfired. They kept on accepting the bookings initially and now they can't meet them within the stipulated time. This is very frustrating for the consumers.
Old 19th July 2005, 12:41   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
booking date- 9th may (morning)...
colour-silver...
variant-zxi...
dealer-sai service, vasai...
expected delivery date- damn.......
actual delivery date- still pending....

i was the first dude (or idiot- as applicable) to book the car in the entire region.... and i'm still waiting...... holy cow...!!!! i'm really getting pissed off at maruti.... tata was eons better....

You can piss off at maruti as you have the freedom, actually you know that sai-service sucks i also booked swift-zxi in black on 11th may, and then i got call in june last week that "ur car has been there only problem is that, payment is not done so u can't have it, first pay then take the car" i told them that paper of the bank is been there naa. the told that we don't know any thing.

Then what i really pissed on the mouth of the manager.
Old 19th July 2005, 12:49   #71
BHPian

Hey Guys, rather than Hyundai Getz, how bout I keep the initial deposit in the Maruti showroom and go in for a Baleno Lxi. It's 6,01487/- ex showroom here and on it I'm being offered 22,000 insurance free and 20,000/- worth of MGA free. so, basically if i add in about 70 grands more i can get the ultimate performance car.

Only problem is the looks of the car sukk big time and the rear is gawdawfulugly and although I plan to add 14"alloys, lower pro tyres, spoiler etc. etc. it's gonna cost quite a packet and i don't think it's gonna help the looks much, at least from the rear :-(

Also with the refreshed, revamped baleno due by Puja time to year end, I'll be feeling really bad driving my new, "old model" baleno looking at the newer "new model" baleno.

What do I do? Fellows???
Old 19th July 2005, 16:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

It really depends on what you are looking for. I bought a Baleno last month. You can negotiate upto 55-60 K Off worth of cash discount on the LXi in Hyderabad.
Buy it in Black, have teflon coating (gives a good shine), put silver finish 14" alloys and 185/65 or 195/60 R 14 tyres and you will have quite a LOOKER on your hands.
Old 19th July 2005, 21:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

Anyone from Chennai who has booked a VXi on the 8th or 9th of May? What is the expected delivery date that the dealers are quoting? Adyar Khivraj is still telling me it would take close to november to get my vxi which i booked on 9th june.

Only consideration my sales guy is doing is that he'd let me know if any other color comes in which i'd be interested in and also try for a delivery by mid october... WOW. That makes it a lot better...!!!!
Old 20th July 2005, 10:10   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Anyone from Chennai who has booked a VXi on the 8th or 9th of May? !
I booked my Swift VXI with Cars India on 2nd June 2005 & took the delivery on 14th June 2005.

I guess you had mentioned the month May instead of June

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Adyar Khivraj is still telling me it would take close to november to get my vxi which i booked on 9th june.
When I enquired with Khivaraj before booking with Cars India, I was told that delivery would take a month's time. Hence by this time you it would have got delivered. Put pressure on the vendor that's the only thing we can do
Old 26th July 2005, 10:55   #75

I have had much better experience with Sai Service, Andheri. Booked an azure grey Vxi on 28th May and got the delivery on 20th July. And around 8th July or something, these guys called me up and told me that my car wud be there in a week or so, and I shud get my loan etc approved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks