Team-BHP - Delivery time for swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Delivery time for swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6192-delivery-time-swift-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by riddlerr
without any critic that i could think of

Want to stay neutral fearing failure?

The vehicles are on the roads. RED is really very attractive. It catches the eyes in a positive way. Silky Silver is neither bad nor attractive. I have never seen a "vow" reaction for Silky silver other than the general applaud. Color choice is too a subjective matter & differs from person to person. Just want to share my views.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
A true senty from me to them was " I cant postpone my moms birthday" and what a gift she got today.
We finally got our Red Swift Vxi delivered to us today along with a Boquet for my mom. Simply awesome, rocking....!!! I am soooo happy.

Umm gud work there man...and on finally being able to lay ur hands on it.. i envy u man for having got the car though u booked on 1st of june ( i booked on 20th of may :-( )

anyway ...congrats dude...and any plans of changing those chicken legs of the Vxi :D ..i mean those tyres..

Pls let us know ur feedback on the car and the accessories u have gone for.

Hurry Home

I dont want to go off topic. But I am planning for 195/60/15 tyres on my car. Have to find out the offset and the PCD before I do that. I hope this wont effect the ride quality or the FE too much... any suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem
I dont want to go off topic. But I am planning for 195/60/15 tyres on my car. Have to find out the offset and the PCD before I do that. I hope this wont effect the ride quality or the FE too much... any suggestions?

And let us know what they are (the offset and PCD, that is :D) when you find out. 195/60/R15 shouldn't affect the ride or FE too badly (remember this "too" thingy is subjective), but there will be a deterioration. Let us know how it goes. And all the best!

Well Guys,
The dealer seems to be extending the delivery date of red Zxi every time i bother him. at the time of booking on 29th May it was 2 months , which is now getting extended to 3 months. Btw i test drove Getz yesterday which surely is not as peppy as swift but certainly is more comfy on indian roads. Also turning radius is lesser thus more oriented for city driving. FE as claimed is 11kmpl in city.

best thing is that they are giving 10K cash discount and it is available off the shelf. what say guys should i hang on for swift OR go for getx now.

Vivekag,
I think if you haggle more with the Hyundai dealer, you could get some more discounts as the Getz isn't really doing well in comparison with the Swift. Getz is quite a good car, the strength being airy & spacious interiors. Just that Swift looks hot from the exteriors compared to the Getz. If you like the Getz, go for it.

Quote:

Also turning radius is lesser thus more oriented for city driving. FE as claimed is 11kmpl in city.
Are you sure? I thought both are having same turning radius (4.7).

Just to tell that i have finally got Swift(Vxi ,Silkey silver) yesterday itself.
Car is really good(till now).The car is nowhere near underpowered.At least i found it pretty much peppy.Also it is very spacious.Rest i will write after driving it for long time.

congratulations buddy, on getting a new ride for your self and family. Pls keep the forum updated on performance / FE etc etc.

Vivek

ookkaaayyy...ahem..... my car has already arrived at the dealer, and am waiting to take delivery, probably in the next 2-3 days.....will keep y'all posted on the fine details, pics, et.al.....

by the way- the stepney or the spare wheel is a steel one (on the ZXi).... what sort of cost cutting is this...??? except all the SUVs, it seems that all the sedans and hatches, including mercs, get a steel wheel as a spare- except the beemers...and porsches....

as of now, i have told them that i want an alloy for a spare, as the steel one might totally screw up the wheel rotation....

congrats on your ride, abhi..... one advice though-look out for the exterior rubber beadings on the doors. as i found out, they tend to give away easily....even though my car hasn't been delivered yet, i found the beadings on my ride slightly off the mark.... will take a more comprehensive and detailed inspection before delivery....including a look under the car on the ramp....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivekag
best thing is that they are giving 10K cash discount and it is available off the shelf. what say guys should i hang on for swift OR go for getx now.

10K discount on Getz? What are the other freebies?

Make sure that you bag atleast 50K inform of discounts for Getz. One of my friend is seriously considering to purchase Getz as the Maruti guys pushed him to the breaking point. His vehicle was got delayed by a month after the promised delivery.

Geez... I really lost my cool today when i met my dealer to find that my Swift VXi is slotted only for a late october - early November availability. I blew my top saying that its tooo much time from when they actually promised...

I booked da vehicle on 8th June... Could please from other places confirm that its the same timeframe that they'd have to wait too?? I was happily assured that i'd get the vehicle in 6-7 weeks time, but damn, today's visit was a rude awakening...

I positively don't think its worth waiting 4 and a half months for a car. Any car..

Just thought i'd find out from other members who've booked a vxi auzure grey around the 8th of june who have to wait for the same amount of time...

Disguisting... I guess am gettin mad..

AK

P.S: Sorry, forgot to add this....

I tried bargaining ]lol] with my dealer saying i'd prefer to cancel the booking and look elsewhere if i cant get a vxi by end of august, and he said he'd definitely try his best and also enquired if i'd be ok with some color. I demanded he let me know about the color choice before hand so i'd be able to decide if i wanna go for it..

He said he'd confirm within a week or 10 days and see if he can do somethin... for a late august delivery.... :( :(

Anyone from Chennai who're facing similar problems? Is this happening only to me or is this a common across states????

The delay is a very common issue as for colour from the dealer ull get something like green or orange off the shelf atleast thats what i was offered in a weeks time

i booked my car on 8th june (Vxi Red colour).initially they said it will be delivered by the end of June now they are saying july or even august..i don't know what to do..i think if i will not it by the first week of august i will cancel the booking & will buy santro..

but they are saying if i want to buy green colour they will able to deliver it right now..even LXi silky silver is available right now..