Team-BHP - Delivery time for swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Delivery time for swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6192-delivery-time-swift-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
On enquiry I found that it would take 2-3 days to refund the amount upon receiving the cancellation letter.

Thanks God. I got the cheque for Rs.50K back from Maruti. They took 2 weeks to refund 50K from the date of the cancellation of SWIFT order. But there was no follow up/ pressure given from our side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muni
Date of Booking : 20May
Model : Swift Zxi
Colour : Bright Red ( am 8th in line for the Red Zxi!)
Dealer Location : Sagar Automobiles, Bangalore
Expected Delivery Dt : July End or August

The dealer says that the priority would be colorwise and chances are that a person may get a car very early if he has booked a less preferred color say green!

I dont quite agree with this thing and since i have chosen a RED there will be delay..looking at the percentage of booking, cant the maruti guys coordinate with their paintshops (!) and strike a balance..

the wait is killin me..

Hurry Home

Muni: I also booked Zxi Silver at Sagar in June. I just spoke to the sales agent, I only see smoke - at least 5 months and no commitment. Looks like it is not going to happen till Oct/Nov. Send me an email at skumarit at hotmail. Thanks.

-SKumar

Maruti Udyog Managing Director has addressed a letter to Potential Customers, have you read it

Here is the article

http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=13911541

hey guys.. heard from a friend that the delivery time of Red or Black Swift booked now is around 6 months !?!?..is it true ?!:eek:

cheers,
sr

This is simply a big mess, looks like buch of cowboys running the show at MUL. I can't imgine these folks didn't anticipate the demand they pitched for! Next time they pitch, guess the response they will get.

Sales man @ Sagar automobiles in Blore doesn't care to respond to any of my emails. Everytime I call him, he will give some excuse that he is busy and all that crap.

-SKumar

One of my colleague has booked a Swift on June last week with a promise that it would got delivered within 10 days. He was shouting at Maruti and their dealers for the treatment he got from them. Atleast for 10 times he had told me that he is going to walk out from that deal & even asked me the format of the letter that was sent to Maruti for order cancellation. But he did nothing on it.

This morning he got the delivery of the car & all the scars went off suddenly. He was in praise for the car & seems to be in very happy mood.

This is true. Once you get what you want, almost you forget the pain you underwent to get it. You will start to narrate the experience with others laughing & not with frown

Hey Surprise... You're actually saying that your friend booked a Swift on the last week of June and that he got the delivery TODAY???? :Shockked:

What the Hell?? I mean, Maruti isn't consistent with the delivery patterns [which is highly irritating] or it should be the dealers taking the customers for a ride be selling priority allotments with a higher price [premuim sales]........ I booked my Swift VXi on 8th June and I'm having to wait till October last week / First week of November, courtesy, a sorry Khivraj Adyar dealer.... :mad:

Surprise, does your friend who got his Swift delivery today, live in Chennai like you do? Do you reckon which showroom he booked his vehicle with? This info would help a lot... Lucky friend you got there...

Thanks..

AK

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay
Surprise, does your friend who got his Swift delivery today, live in Chennai like you do? Do you reckon which showroom he booked his vehicle with? This info would help a lot... Lucky friend you got there...

Yes, he does live in Chennai. Just now spoke to him to confirm things. Booking date is not last week on June as I mentioned, it was 18th of June 2005.

He says that the Sales guy had told him that he would give a try to get it in 10 days (but not assured). Based on this, he had made the booking.

When enquired with the dealers about the delivery after the 10 days period got elapsed, he was asked to wait till September last week.

He did said that he got the car delivered early based on high level recommendations.

If this is true, it is unfair from Maruti or dealers.

Quote:

Yes, he does live in Chennai. Just now spoke to him to confirm things. Booking date is not last week on June as I mentioned, it was 18th of June 2005.

Quote:

He did said that he got the car delivered early based on high level recommendations.

That says it all... Lucky for him... But its the dealer who is the rat.... As much as I thought...

This is rather sad. My friend has booked Swift in first week of June and he is expected to get delivery not before mid of October.

:OT Replace Maruti with Fiat here, and I can imagine seeing truck-loads of posts critisizing Fiat for its utter lack of professionalism, its pathetic A/S/S and disgusting sales, rotten organization and telling us why should one not buy a Fiat car. I did not wish to bring Fiat in this thread, but I am surprised that some of us are suitably opting double standards, wherever Fiat is concerned.

there used to be a saying, "aloo aur punjabi har jagah mil jaate hain." On TBHP, "fiat har thread mein paayi jaati hai".

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj
there used to be a saying, "aloo aur punjabi har jagah mil jaate hain." On TBHP, "fiat har thread mein paayi jaati hai".

Alright, sorry for dragging Fiat in here, but just could not resist stating my observation. Let's continue with current topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
Alright, sorry for dragging Fiat in here, but just could not resist stating my observation. Let's continue with current topic.

no problemo man.
Actually, Maruti's reputation for providing "good" after sales service is more in terms of quantity than quality.
Given the craze for swift, dealers are bound to make some profit out of it, at the cost of many pi$$ed off potential customers.

Cheers
Amitoj

I agree, but my point was that, if this is done by dealers of "other" company, then they alongwith "that" company are heaped with all "reserved" words :) But let me not initiate another flame war here and it's better to get back to topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
I agree, but my point was that, if this is done by dealers of "other" company, then they alongwith "that" company are heaped with all "reserved" words :) But let me not initiate another flame war here and it's better to get back to topic.

RX ek sou paintee Papaji, glad you steered clear of the four letter 'F' word! :D

Cheers